Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

The customer is often stupid

We''ve all had experiences as customers where we''ve been treated with contempt, but just as many will have had experience on the other side of the fence, dealing with customers. So to continue the analogy, imagine if the product was something that

required a level of intereaction from the customer. Say a wind up toy.

Would you go back to the shop and say it wasn''t working because you

hadn''t wound it up?

As i''ve said in a previous post, if we knew that making a lot of noise

at the end of the Hull game would have secured us 3 points, we would

all have done it, no questions asked. As it is, the quiet nervousness that enveloped the

ground naturally made the players nervous. If it was an adrenalin

pumping cauldron however, Robbo probably would have given that final

pass the big boot rather than a nervous mis-placed prod.I think Grant has a point, and every right to say what he thinks, but he shouldn''t have done it because football is populated with too many precious namby pambies who can''t take what they give out - and that means players, managers and fans alike. Add this to an insatiable and sensationalist media who''s appetite for a story far outweighs the best interests of the club, and you have a storm blown out of all proportion every time a cross word is uttered. It''s sad, there are so many more important things in the world to get wound up about. Sorry to go all righteous, but it''s true. La ah ah - check out my halo!!

[quote user="a1canary"]We''ve all had experiences as customers where we''ve been treated with contempt, but just as many will have had experience on the other side of the fence, dealing with customers.

So to continue the analogy, imagine if the product was something that required a level of intereaction from the customer. Say a wind up toy. Would you go back to the shop and say it wasn''t working because you hadn''t wound it up?

As i''ve said in a previous post, if we knew that making a lot of noise at the end of the Hull game would have secured us 3 points, we would all have done it, no questions asked. As it is, the quiet nervousness that enveloped the ground naturally made the players nervous. If it was an adrenalin pumping cauldron however, Robbo probably would have given that final pass the big boot rather than a nervous mis-placed prod.

I think Grant has a point, and every right to say what he thinks, but he shouldn''t have done it because football is populated with too many precious namby pambies who can''t take what they give out - and that means players, managers and fans alike. Add this to an insatiable and sensationalist media who''s appetite for a story far outweighs the best interests of the club, and you have a storm blown out of all proportion every time a cross word is uttered.

It''s sad, there are so many more important things in the world to get wound up about. Sorry to go all righteous, but it''s true. La ah ah - check out my halo!!

[/quote]

What''s ironic is all the people who don''t like the club being run as a "business" are now chirping that NCFC is a "business" and if the customer is not "satisfied" then they have the right to moan or boo.

I don''t disagree with either viewpoint, I just think the whole situation is sad. And a touch amusing.