Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

Grant has done me and possibly a few others a favour

I would like to thank Peter Grant for helping me to make my mind up about Tuesday''s game; I''m going to give it a miss.  Living in Peterborough and working in London is a bit of a nightmare for midweek matches as I travel into London at 0645, return to Peterborough at 1630, drive to Norwich for the match and return home around 2345.  I do this because I consider myself to be a true supporter. 

I am amazed that Grant tried to shift the blame onto the supporters for yesterday''s result.  He needs to get a reality check and come and sit amongst the supporters to see first hand why they find it difficult to get enthusiastic when they are watching crap.  I stayed at a hotel with some Hull supporters who expected to be on the end of a backlash after the Ipswich defeat.  They were honest after the match and said they were poor, but we were one of the poorest teams they had played this season, and quite frankly I couldn''t argue with that.

We all know that he inherited the squad and cannot change it until January, but there are things he can change now such as:

Stop hitting high balls to Earnshaw, McVeigh and Eagle.

Try playing Safri in midfield rather than Robinson.

Don''t mess with a defence that is keeping clean sheets.

I fully expect to be accused by some on this board of not being a true supporter, but quite frankly I am happy to listen to the match on the radio, and accept that I may be missing 90 minutes of good entertaining football.

dont think you are out of order at all . i travel a mere 40 miles but thats 40 miles too much for me on tue . im not goanna continue to watch this rubbish , and the 700 odd quid i spend on season tickets will come in handy im sure . grant should concentrate on getting the players heads right instead of having a go at us , after all how many clubs would like a 24000 average ? he''s only been here 5 minutes so hasn''t earned the right to criticise us .

Mr Grant should engage his brain before opening his big gob. Can you imagine the manager of a theatre calling his audience a disgrace because they failed to respond with any enthusiasm to a show that is clearly unentertaining. No, that disappointed audience would most probably expect (and get) their money back. Football is supposed to be a part of the entertainment industry, although you would hardly ever realise it watching  City these days. Come on, Mr Grant, sort it out. If you can''t, just save the club a lot of money and walk away.

I shall not be carrying out my 450mile round journey for this game and my mate who travels 80 mile is not bothering either. Good luck to them I say.

To be honest a draw was a fair result and the win would of just painted over the cracks. I cant see waht he has to moan about?

He has certainly upset a few people here!

I think a message in a low gate needs to be sent out!

My seat will be empty on Tuesday. Sod them, if we are a disgrace what the hell are the team, management and directors!

i wouldn''t take it too seriously, he was cheesed off, aren''t we all? I wasn''t there but I know fans can be a little quiet, but to be honest it is difficult to behave like you are not nervous when you are.

Well Done Granty,

Couldn''t agree more with some of your comments.

The crowd at Carrow road have over the last three years have become a very fickle bunch (full of whingers,and glory hunters!).I have been a season ticket holder for well over 20 years and I have never known the atmosphere to be so strained. Yes we lost at Ipswich and played badly but before a ball was kicked on Saturday the boo boys were ready. These are the same morons who derided Worthy for not playing any of the youth system and in the same breath moan everytime young eagle made a mistake, you cant have your cake and eat it.

Although the performance of the team was dire against a rubbish Hull team, how are the players meant to respond when they constantly live in fear of the crowd baying for blood. What we need to do is get behind the team and encourage. It is not Grants fault that he has inherited a paper thin squad,and why shouldn''t he slate the players and fans if they are crap. Most of the whining seems to be generated by the new fans who jumped on the Promotion band wagon of a few years ago.

My advise is if you give it out why should you be imune to receiving some banter back

We pay our money to be entertained.  Surely the lack of worthwhile entertainment should have been enough by ow to prevent your attendance, unless you''ve been suckered into a season ticket.  I went on Saturday and will go on Dec 9, not expecting things to improve if it doesn''t markedly thats it for the season, fortunately i gave p my season ticket 2 seasons ago.

I am in the happy position that I can take my hard earned and invest in an alternative, soon if this continues many of you will be in the same boat. 

And the obstinate tool has refused to apologise.

Grant, to me, seems like a man clutching at straws with his team selections, and especially with his latest statement regarding Thorne''s inclusion for the Leicester fixture. He made it clear when he took over the reigns that he prefered the 4-4-2 formation so why didn''t he begin with Thorne or another striker by fielding two up front from the off? Wingers, Chadwick & Croft are still injured, so why the sudden decision to go 4-4-2 now? Doesn''t he trust his own judgement, or is it a case of his actually being tactically naive?

I think he is tactically naive, and despite all his shouting, I also believe he has a communication problem with his players, as well as fielding them out of favoured positions.

But hey, when the rhetoric & poor tactics fail, blame the fans.

I won''t be going either I''m afraid to say. After going to Portman Road last Sunday and then driving from Bedford on Saturday  - I''m coming away from the games having put in more actual effort than the players. Why should I bother? If I go tomorrow night I''ll have to take the day off work, it''ll cost me £40 in petrol and I''ll spend five hours in the car, all to see Andy Hughes pass to the opposition and have Peter Grant tell me I''m a disgrace.Maybe I should go support MK Dons instead.

As a supporter unable to attend games on saturday''s i shall now be trying to get tickets for tomorrows game.

Looks like no-one else is  going now, and there should be plenty of pies to be eaten now, dirty job but someone has to do it...

btw - Is it just me or does anyone else think that PG''s comments have been made to try to get a positive response from the supporters?! He has my 100% backing (yes, even though i cant/dont get to the saturday games) 

[quote user="splat"]

Well Done Granty,

Couldn''t agree more with some of your comments.

My advise is if you give it out why should you be imune to receiving some banter back

[/quote]

possibly because I''m not getting paid upwards of £250k a year for the privilege

[quote user="Billy Bovine"]Mr Grant should engage his brain before opening his big gob. Can you imagine the manager of a theatre calling his audience a disgrace because they failed to respond with any enthusiasm to a show that is clearly unentertaining. No, that disappointed audience would most probably expect (and get) their money back. Football is supposed to be a part of the entertainment industry, although you would hardly ever realise it watching  City these days. Come on, Mr Grant, sort it out. If you can''t, just save the club a lot of money and walk away.[/quote]

Nice one Billy.......spot on.

I will be in attendance again tomorrow. Like I was at Stoke - which was a muckin'' farvellous display of how not to play football. I was also at Poorman Road - and witnessed the ploughing exhibition - then tolerated the walk of shame back to the station.......Do we do that to the Ippo fans when they come here?

No, I live local - and will be there mumblin'' with the rest of the boiled sweet suckin'' "gummy bear" toothless moanin'' miserable veteran''s of many historic matches, of whom many, internationally and incontinently, reside in the City Stand. Don''t ask me to sing or cheer though......if you so much as make excessive rustlin'' unwrapping your boiled sweetie - the evil stares and glares eminate from those who prefer the muted silence......... 

Quite frankly, I don''t give a badger''s todger with what "Peter Pointer pee''d off the punters" said, (through a bi-lingual interpreter, may I add)........I will reserve my judgement in January, when he''s given a sherbet dip and a panda pop (orangeade) then expected to attract footballin'' quality - with the well chewed stick of liquorice dibbed in the sherbet; then waved like a magic wand; that will have ''all and sundry'' footballers''  flocking with their reputable agents to Carra Rud  "like moths around an oil lamp"......Yeah roight!

I think "Peter Pointer pee''d off the punters" is as frustrated as we are - concerning what he''s got to work with - which amounts to a Baker''s Dirty Dozen sized squad. Whether he''s given sufficient funds to improve the squad in the New Year - will probably influence if he wishes to remain as manager of this ''ickle club''......."Can I come back Mr Pardew?"

Yup! I''ll be there come rain or shi*e........because I''m a mentalist[:|].......and also Tuesday is a cr@p night on telly......

Maybe it''s time the prudent board ''sang for their supper!''....... ;~)

If you can''t sing........HUM![:P]

Now, what was this thread about again?[8-)]