Sign in to follow this  
Ulf Ottosson

Calm down People - Grant is Playing Mind Games

Come on, it''s obvious Grant''s has taken six games to realise that the team performs
best when people aren''t expecting much e.g. WBA away Birmingham away. When the pressure
is on the players e.g. against Hull or Colchester they don''t perform as well and the crowd
let''s them know it.

Therefore his recent outbust is meant to take the pressure off the team and onto him. All
the crowds frustration and anger will be directed at him rather than the players meaning
that they perform in a less pressurised environment.

Have we got our own jose?

Yes.  Because after the Hull game, and the Ipswich game, there''s no way we''ll be putting any pressure on the players by expecting them to do anything remotely difficult - passing to each other, holding a solid back line, maybe once in a while having a shot on goal...

Come on.  Grant''s a liability who''s just put another bullet hole in those size tens he once used to run in circles around the same twenty yards of Carrow Road turf.  No wonder he rates Robinson so highly.

All I''ve seen from him so far is someone who can''t organise a team, even in 4-4-2 which he allegedly prefers, and someone who can''t resist having eight different quotes in the local paper talking about "pride" and "passion".  Well, here''s another manager who had "pride" and "passion" - Kevin Keegan managing England.  He was out of his depth, too.

Just today i was giving that a thought. It''s a wild idea - but i think there''s something in it there. Because NO manager would come here for 6 weeks then call the fans a disgrace - it just doesnt happen. You might be onto something there...

I am sure that there must be easier ways of deflecting pressure from the team.

Even Mourinho, the master of mindgames would never go so far as to criticise his own fans-he has more intelligence than that. You can have a go at your team, the referee, the opposing manager- infact virtually anyone, but not your own supporters

I would love to believe that Peter Grant is a tactical genius, but I fear that his outburst was simply a misguided mistake and I am genuinely surprised that he hasn''t apologised.

If Grant is playing ''mind games''....he is showing his usual lack of tactical ability and scored a lovely own goal....

I really don''t care what he said........I have eyes and ears and am well able to make up my own mind. Why hang on the words of such a numbnut anyway?

As he said on arrival...." It''s good to be home........but when we are, we still play like s**t ".........