cant agree more with grant, the amount of times i come on here and i see people calling them selfs "fans" and bringing down the team and moaning and growning makes me quite frankly sick, "fans" definistion:

an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport, pastime, celebrity, etc.

how can some of you call your selfs fans when you dont even show anyof the above to the team, stop being so small minded and pathetic, get behind the team and for christ skae show some pastion,

and yes before you all get on, i no my spelling is awful

westinho

Congratulations to you for all of the self congratulation going on here......

It''s like being in the geek corner back in my school days.......[|-)]

I totally agree Juan.  If we had got the three points we would only have been 2 points of playoffs with another home game to come.  I would take the 3 points even if we were playing badly.  The usual fans moan as you say as they will moan about anything. 

One typical moaner who sits close to me decided he had enough and so shouted "get that f''ing Hughes of, he''s cr@p"  Funny thing was Hughes hadn''t even started the game and wasn''t even on the pitch.  Typical moaning fan. 

Lets take what we can with the players we have until January and then see what Grant can do in the transfer market. 

Grant is wrong and so are the comments within your e mail. It is a serious business and next season it will get even more serious with no parachute payments and no money for high wages for the so called star players. I presume you are taking it seriously as your code name and comments at the bottom are not remotely humerous.

It may be a brave decision to criticise the fans and not retract the critisism when time has elapsed to cool down but after such a short time in charge and also making public comments about certain players he must also now be prepared to receive critisism himself.

If this is the case then a small reminder of some mistakes made so far :

1. Failure to secure a good player on loan.

2. Playing Docherty in midfield.

3. Allowing Mc Veigh to wear a Norwich shirt and play him in central midfield position.

4. Drop Dublin for Docherty after 2 magnificent performances.

5. Completely ignore youth.

6. Upset and drop Saffri to play the worst midfield 3 in history at Carrow Road. ( Robinson, Etuhu and McVeigh with current attitude ).

7. Failure to notice Robinson always passes to opposition in front of his own area.

8. Produce 3 '' no shows '' from 8 matches in charge due to player selection / tactics.

My definition of a true Norwich supporter.

*  Understand the game of football and how it should be played.

*  Go to all home games and as many away games as possible.

*  Have own informed opinions of players, tactics and formations.

* Not boo own players but not get carried away with mediocrity such as displayed on saturday.

*  Not ring up Neil Adams and make stupid comments after having not been to a game and come out with predictable cliche commetns such as '' the true supporters don''t boo their own players, come on get behind the players, we have a great squad and we will go up ''.

Grant was wrong and the real reason for the lack of atmosphere on saturday was nothing to do with a reaction from the local derby game but down to actual boredom because of the lack of skill on the pitch and the total lack of quality in midfield which is not providig flair, not protectijg the defence and isolating Eanshaw uo front.

Tonight he has asked for a cauldron. Well do not expect one is he picks Thorne, Mc Veigh and Robinson. Bring in Saffri and a younster to partner Earnshaw if he is to revert to 4 4 2 and then we will hear the crowd roar.   

To all the ''real fans'' who don''t bring their families, eat prawn sandwiches and don''t expect value for money I hope you compliment the chef the next time he craps in your curry when you meet to reminisce about the ''dark ages'' when you stood in the rain, with the other loyal fans blah blah blah.

[quote user="cluckaduck"]

I had to Google the word ''gimp'' herb......seems you''re a step ahead of me there.........[;)]

[/quote]Pulp Fiction hasn''t made it as far as the cinemas round your way then?

i take my family and still consider myself a real fan. we all make plenty of noise so this thing about families is crap.

[quote user="drayton green"]

Grant is wrong and so are the comments within your e mail. It is a serious business and next season it will get even more serious     

[/quote]

Is that why everyone sits around looking "serious" all game? Is that why the atmosphere is "seriously" bad?

It''s football for goodness sake, enjoy your pies, your beer, the cold Norfolk air, the floodlights, the pre-game banter, get into the fun of it all!!!

I know this team have a lot of weaknesses, but sitting around like Po-Faced Professors of Fine Football and only speaking up to voice your disapproval is hardly fun, is it?

[quote user="drayton green"]

My definition of a true Norwich supporter.

*  Understand the game of football and how it should be played.

*  Go to all home games and as many away games as possible.

*  Have own informed opinions of players, tactics and formations.

* Not boo own players but not get carried away with mediocrity such as displayed on saturday.

*  Not ring up Neil Adams and make stupid comments after having not been to a game and come out with predictable cliche commetns such as '' the true supporters don''t boo their own players, come on get behind the players, we have a great squad and we will go up ''.

Grant was wrong and the real reason for the lack of atmosphere on saturday was nothing to do with a reaction from the local derby game but down to actual boredom because of the lack of skill on the pitch and the total lack of quality in midfield which is not providig flair, not protectijg the defence and isolating Eanshaw uo front.

Tonight he has asked for a cauldron. Well do not expect one is he picks Thorne, Mc Veigh and Robinson. Bring in Saffri and a younster to partner Earnshaw if he is to revert to 4 4 2 and then we will hear the crowd roar.   

[/quote]

Does this mean I have to hand all my shirts back? I feel so inferior... [:''(]

[quote user="cluckaduck"][quote user="Herb"][quote user="cluckaduck"]

You''re not one these rubber fetish S&M submissives are you Juan?.....

[/quote]

If so, you two should meet up next time you don the gimp suit...
[/quote]

I had to Google the word ''gimp'' herb......seems you''re a step ahead of me there.........[;)]

[/quote]

I think the word is geek , but i could be wrong..

[quote user="Mook"]

But ... You have to admit, Charlie''s Dad, the atmosphere has changed around Carrow Road these days. And it''s not just sh1te football, because we saw plenty of that in the 90''s!!

In my opinion, there are a load of new fans who decided to come along (or come back to the fold) when we made it to the play-off finals. They don''t know the songs and they''re not prepared to get involved. They just came to be "entertained". Now the ground is full of families, prawn-sandwich eaters and a lot of people expecting success without realising that there are 11 players on the opposition team that can all play football too. Lots are there for "a good day out".

I know we''re rubbish, but people are restless and uneasy when we''re battling to gain the upper hand in a match, a thing every team has to do. Many people seem to think that good football involves 100% possession and the opposition never getting a chance!

I''m not blaming anyone, but could we be a victim of our (relative) success (ie play-off final, promotion etc)?

I have to admit I come out of Carrow Road feeling fairly unhappy in the present time, and it''s not just the football. There is an atmosphere. And it''s not nice. The away games are (and always have been) different, though.

[/quote]

At last, someone has hit the nail on the head. Well done, Mook!!

PS. Nice one Robbo!! 1-1

[quote user="cluckaduck"]

[quote user="King Juan of Spain"]   And his comments are aimed at most of the people on this message board who are never satisfied - the type of people who criticise the team for lumping the ball upfield and then conversely boo the team when they play the ball around defence for not ''getting it up there''. Never happy, never will be unless they''re moaning about something.

Sure, we ''aint playing well but hell, I''d take 1-0 and the ball by the corner flag for the last ten minutes of every game if it meant 3 points unitl we can sign some players who actually want to play for us.  And why don''t some of them want to play for us? Because they''ve been booed by their own fans from almost the moment they got here. Now that''s a disgrace.

Good to see some people here saying he has a point though.

Comments I''m expecting in reply to this:
''If they earn xxx thousands of pounds each week I can say whatever I like'', ''Grant is just Delia''s puppet'', ''Smith and Jones just want to bring down the club even though they''ve invested £7m'', ''I''ve been a supporter for 124 years and I can criticise who I like'', ''Grant played Huckerby on the right, which is a disgrace even though he can use both feet'' and ''Delia poisoned Litvinenko''.

[/quote]

You''re not one these rubber fetish S&M submissives are you Juan?.....

[/quote]

If he is doesn''t that make you a dominatrix?

Likes to point the finger and punish those oh so naughty people?

[quote user="percyvarco"]

If the fans are the problem then keep the doors closed on Tuesday night and we should stuff Leicester. We had a smaller proportion of the fans at Ipswich & Stoke, so what was the excuse for that showing?

I want to support Grant as he is not playing with his team of players but on Saturday night he crossed the line. Try motivating the team PG, you get 24,000 fans, give us something to get exicted about.

[/quote]

Totaly wrong. The fans arnt being blamed for the losses, they are being told that they can be the difference between a loss and a win and a draw and a win and  recently the team has missed that difference.