And his comments are aimed at most of the people on this message board who are never satisfied - the type of people who criticise the team for lumping the ball upfield and then conversely boo the team when they play the ball around defence for not ''getting it up there''. Never happy, never will be unless they''re moaning about something.Sure, we ''aint playing well but hell, I''d take 1-0 and the ball by the corner flag for the last ten minutes of every game if it meant 3 points unitl we can sign some players who actually want to play for us.  And why don''t some of them want to play for us? Because they''ve been booed by their own fans from almost the moment they got here. Now that''s a disgrace.Good to see some people here saying he has a point though.Comments I''m expecting in reply to this:''If they earn xxx thousands of pounds each week I can say whatever I like'', ''Grant is just Delia''s puppet'', ''Smith and Jones just want to bring down the club even though they''ve invested £7m'', ''I''ve been a supporter for 124 years and I can criticise who I like'', ''Grant played Huckerby on the right, which is a disgrace even though he can use both feet'' and ''Delia poisoned Litvinenko''.

[quote user="King Juan of Spain"]   And his comments are aimed at most of the people on this message board who are never satisfied - the type of people who criticise the team for lumping the ball upfield and then conversely boo the team when they play the ball around defence for not ''getting it up there''. Never happy, never will be unless they''re moaning about something.

Sure, we ''aint playing well but hell, I''d take 1-0 and the ball by the corner flag for the last ten minutes of every game if it meant 3 points unitl we can sign some players who actually want to play for us.  And why don''t some of them want to play for us? Because they''ve been booed by their own fans from almost the moment they got here. Now that''s a disgrace.

Good to see some people here saying he has a point though.

Comments I''m expecting in reply to this:
''If they earn xxx thousands of pounds each week I can say whatever I like'', ''Grant is just Delia''s puppet'', ''Smith and Jones just want to bring down the club even though they''ve invested £7m'', ''I''ve been a supporter for 124 years and I can criticise who I like'', ''Grant played Huckerby on the right, which is a disgrace even though he can use both feet'' and ''Delia poisoned Litvinenko''.

[/quote]

You''re not one these rubber fetish S&M submissives are you Juan?.....

''Never satisfied'' That sums it up. Who on earth would be satisfied with Saturdays performance? On top of sunday ''satisfying'' humiliation at piswitch, mmmmm... satisfying, more please.  Bizarre.

When I read his comments my first thought wasn''t:

''Oh my God, he''s critised our wonderful fans...''

It was:

''Oh God, they''re going to have a field day''

To be honest, we''re all as bad as each other...

Squibble squabble screwball scramble...

[quote user="charlies dad"]''Never satisfied'' That sums it up. Who on earth would be satisfied with Saturdays performance? On top of sunday ''satisfying'' humiliation at piswitch, mmmmm... satisfying, more please.  Bizarre.[/quote]

But ... You have to admit, Charlie''s Dad, the atmosphere has changed around Carrow Road these days. And it''s not just sh1te football, because we saw plenty of that in the 90''s!!

In my opinion, there are a load of new fans who decided to come along (or come back to the fold) when we made it to the play-off finals. They don''t know the songs and they''re not prepared to get involved. They just came to be "entertained". Now the ground is full of families, prawn-sandwich eaters and a lot of people expecting success without realising that there are 11 players on the opposition team that can all play football too. Lots are there for "a good day out".

I know we''re rubbish, but people are restless and uneasy when we''re battling to gain the upper hand in a match, a thing every team has to do. Many people seem to think that good football involves 100% possession and the opposition never getting a chance!

I''m not blaming anyone, but could we be a victim of our (relative) success (ie play-off final, promotion etc)?

I have to admit I come out of Carrow Road feeling fairly unhappy in the present time, and it''s not just the football. There is an atmosphere. And it''s not nice. The away games are (and always have been) different, though.

If the fans are the problem then keep the doors closed on Tuesday night and we should stuff Leicester. We had a smaller proportion of the fans at Ipswich & Stoke, so what was the excuse for that showing?

I want to support Grant as he is not playing with his team of players but on Saturday night he crossed the line. Try motivating the team PG, you get 24,000 fans, give us something to get exicted about.

[quote user="charlies dad"]''Never satisfied'' That sums it up. Who on earth would be satisfied with Saturdays performance? On top of sunday ''satisfying'' humiliation at piswitch, mmmmm... satisfying, more please.  Bizarre.[/quote]

The thing is, charlie dad, is the fact that some of the poster are never satisfied! Norwich have had a bad week, losing to scum, drawing at Hull and Grant''s comment but due to that people hate the guy. If they take the time to look at the bigger picture, people would see that Grant has made a decent start to his tenure as manager with big wins over the likes of West Brom, Cardiff etc.

The man needs the transfer window to get in some players that will make the team a joy to watch. I''m 100% confident that after January we will be a happy board again.

Expect a flurry of transfer activity!

What a load of old rubbish your majesty. No wonder Spain got rid of their royalty and only let them back recently under sufferance and with no powers.

There really are those who are too blind to see

[quote user="cluckaduck"]

[/quote]If so, you two should meet up next time you don the gimp suit...

Yes he''s right

The people who pay £300 or much more for a season ticket year on year, filling the clubs coffers by buying programmes, over expensive food and ever changing merchandise are a total disgrace.

As are the people who travel from all over the country and back in a day to watch the **** the so called players serve up. (costing even mopre money in petrol)

So are the people who travel to away games religiously from the isolatedness of norfolk, to the big wide world hours away to watch them week in week out, again spendinmg more cash on expensive tickets, transport and a days worth of bought food.

Those people who sat in the shed at port vale with me on a wet miserable tuesday night in October are a total disgrace.

So are those who helped the clubs financial security by buying shares with more of there own money.

As are those 3,000 fans who went to Ipswich and were treated like ****  by the authorities there, had to sit behind for an hour, enduring constant tauments, and a painful drtive home while the ''committed'' players got home quicker on there 5 star bus after spending the night in a cozy 5 star hotel.

Yep, us fans who spend hundreds of pounds a year, give so much time and effort to support Norwich City are a total disgrace.

Shame On us

( i loved the evening news report which started with the fawlty towers ''joke)

peter grant is NOT RIGHT. he may have a point, but he stepped over the mark when he called the fans a disgrace.

he is the disgrace for not apologizing today for the remark.

Ok, I''ll admit it was my fault. Carl Robinson gave the ball away because I was controlling him through the combined use of my telekinetic powers and voodoo.Yes, from my seat in the Jarrold Stand, I commanded him to play a superb through-ball to set up a second goal. Unfortunately, someone sitting next to me wanted to leave early, so I had to stand up. The distraction meant things went a bit wrong, sorry.

I will agree the atmosphere was awful Mook. I''ve been totally peed off and rather waspish since losing to Ipswich, ive been that way since 1973 the forst time i saw them beat us, and it wont change now, i suspect many thousands of others were still smarting after that. I wont blame the increase in families for a lack of atmosphere, my kids make more than enough noise, and in Charlies case, enough rude gestures and bad language to hold their own. But its the same old, same old... when is somebody going to show some bloody balls and get stuck in? A few tackles, some running, a shot or two? most of the team werent interested, its a fact.. and its SO FRUSTRATING. Weve been here before, overwhelming and noisy support fails to get anything other than contempt from our players.. and afterwards the manager insults us on the way home. no-one expects Real Madrid.. but some attitude and commitment and a home win against Hull and the like are not too much to ask for.    

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="cluckaduck"]

[/quote]

If so, you two should meet up next time you don the gimp suit...
[/quote]

I had to Google the word ''gimp'' herb......seems you''re a step ahead of me there.........[;)]

Spot on.

Too many good time fans who think running a football club  is like buying a burger, probably most of them support Chelsea as well. Grant was right, the way he said it was wrong but the sentiment was spot on. There are undoubltedly many on this site with a self destruct wish, but if it wasn`t for their childlike banter this message board would probably fold.They all need a kick up the ar.., Grant has delivered it and the toys have come tumbling out of the pram. pathetic!   

BRING BACK FLOGGING AND NATIONAL SERVICE.

Thanks for the advice cluckaduck - what kind of computer program is a "rubber fetish S&M submissive", cos GIMP is a drawing program. (for GNU Image Manipulation Program)

[quote user="charlies dad"]

I will agree the atmosphere was awful Mook. I''ve been totally peed off and rather waspish since losing to Ipswich, ive been that way since 1973 the forst time i saw them beat us, and it wont change now, i suspect many thousands of others were still smarting after that. I wont blame the increase in families for a lack of atmosphere, my kids make more than enough noise, and in Charlies case, enough rude gestures and bad language to hold their own. But its the same old, same old... when is somebody going to show some bloody balls and get stuck in? A few tackles, some running, a shot or two? most of the team werent interested, its a fact.. and its SO FRUSTRATING. Weve been here before, overwhelming and noisy support fails to get anything other than contempt from our players.. and afterwards the manager insults us on the way home. no-one expects Real Madrid.. but some attitude and commitment and a home win against Hull and the like are not too much to ask for.    

[/quote]

I totally agree, CD. I remember going to a game a few years back, and it was quiet as a library until Gary Holt took one of their players off his feet virtually into the stand. That soon woke everybody up!

No, I''m not criticising families as such, otherwise I would be calling the kettle black as my Dad took me to games in the 80''s when I as young. What I''m critising is those that are there for the "day out". It''s FOOTBALL!! It''s not a day out. There is an opposition, there are opposing fans, we have songs, there are rituals and these are all falling to pieces! It''s quite sad really.

I know that we need inspiration to sing and to get excited.

But there is an air of something more sinister than just plain "not enjoying it". There''s an atmosphere of "even if we''re playing well, one mistake and it''s curtains for you, you, you AND you!!!".

I don''t like it anymore. And like I said, I''ve watched plenty of crap and always wanted to go back. Now I''m starting to think twice and it''s not just the football that''s making me do that.

Right/Wrong Good/Bad I will let the rest of you argue over that one  but I''ll say one thing - the annoying little tw#t has got right up my nose since he arrived, mind you Paul Daniels used to get up my nose too but I guess he did ok in life, the annoying little ######

Mook has put this very well.

There is no doubt that the atmosphere at Carrow Road is cr..p. It was better than this years ago when we were just as rubbish as we are now but the fans that were there were real yellow blooded fans.

I will just say again, there are those, Ist Wizard being one of them, who are only happy when there is something to maon about. The point when it became just about being agry with what we see on the pitch is long past, and it is now just personal abuse. If I were Grant, i would be fed up with some sections of the crowd as we have become over critical over the years. What use would changing the manager do now? Cost more money that we don''t have meaning there would be even less for payers in the window.

Grow up or find something else to do on a Saturday, or search on e bay rather that fill up the boards with drivel.

OTBC

[quote user="Flan in the face"]Ok, I''ll admit it was my fault. Carl Robinson gave the ball away because I was controlling him through the combined use of my telekinetic powers and voodoo.

Yes, from my seat in the Jarrold Stand, I commanded him to play a superb through-ball to set up a second goal. Unfortunately, someone sitting next to me wanted to leave early, so I had to stand up. The distraction meant things went a bit wrong, sorry.

[/quote]

Lmao. That sums it up well! I wish I had such power... You should be ashamed! [:P] haha.

[quote user="Mook"]

But ... You have to admit, Charlie''s Dad, the atmosphere has changed around Carrow Road these days. And it''s not just sh1te football, because we saw plenty of that in the 90''s!!

In my opinion, there are a load of new fans who decided to come along (or come back to the fold) when we made it to the play-off finals. They don''t know the songs and they''re not prepared to get involved. They just came to be "entertained". Now the ground is full of families, prawn-sandwich eaters and a lot of people expecting success without realising that there are 11 players on the opposition team that can all play football too. Lots are there for "a good day out".

I know we''re rubbish, but people are restless and uneasy when we''re battling to gain the upper hand in a match, a thing every team has to do. Many people seem to think that good football involves 100% possession and the opposition never getting a chance!

I''m not blaming anyone, but could we be a victim of our (relative) success (ie play-off final, promotion etc)?

I have to admit I come out of Carrow Road feeling fairly unhappy in the present time, and it''s not just the football. There is an atmosphere. And it''s not nice. The away games are (and always have been) different, though.

[/quote]

I don''t know if your demography of City fans is correct Mook but I do remember seeing games in the seventies with as much if not more moaning than Saturday and with a lot less cheering.  It wasn''t an every match occurence anymore than it is now but it happened.

Guess they played rubbish then too.  I remember Machin getting the bird one game that he would gladly have swopped for anything Hughes has got.

These things are perhaps cyclical and we are in another trough at the moment.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]You may have imagined Paul Daniels was up your nose but in fact he was hidden in a sheet behind you.[/quote]

Yeah, but he was still responsible for sawing my missus in half, well that''s what I told the police anyway!