Sign in to follow this  
Salopian

Disgraceful - what the manager actually said.

PG did not call the crowd a disgrace. What he actually said was, "IT''S a disgrace", that is the failure to encourage the team when they really needed support.Some of the people who were thin-skinned and wounded enough to feel that that they had been mortally wounded by Grant, should realise that the disgrace was the failure to support the team when they needed it most.The people who have been slagging him off on this board and elsewhere should read the words of those who said that the home supporters had gone very quiet when the team needed noise. Perhaps he did "tell it as it was". Perhaps he felt let down by the people who sit in judgement on him from their armchairs. Should he have said, "May I respetfully suggest that those people who have been loyal and effective supporters of this club really failed us badly in this game when we really needed them most"? I like my football with passion. He is a passionate man, and if in his frustration his language was strong, I would have thought that worthy of forgiveness.

And prize for best post on this subject goes to...

This deserves to stay above the other posts until Tuesday''s match, when hopefully we''ll have something more constructive to talk about than a quote that even I probably made more of than I should...

Good work [Y]

If you listen to his comments what you say is correct.

He wears his heart on his sleeve,  give me that approach every time.Too many Norwich fans are becoming over Politically Correct. I suspect some will be embarking upon litigation for hurt feelings

Quite right Salopian - contributors to this post; http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/807316/ShowPost.aspx please take note. That is SoB, Matt H and Dr Livingstone and no doubt others in other posts. Special praise also to the WIZARD for successfully helping to stir all this up, claiming PG called the fans a disgrace ( http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/806044/ShowPost.aspx ), setting off a nice long thread and getting it gratefully lapped up by the Pink''un - not hard.To recap, "THAT''S A DISGRACE." NOT, "THE FANS ARE A DISGRACE." So please untwist your knickers and put all your toys back in your prams. Thankyou children, and remember to read more carefully next time. If it helps, there''s a clever thing you can do to make the text on your screen bigger, which is great fun. Press the ''ctrl'' key down, and scroll backwards on the scroll wheel on your mouse. Isn''t that great!!

i''ve said the exact thing in another thread. why can''t people just get behind the team? are they scared the team might play better and give them nothing to complain about?

I have to say  that I wasn''t happy that he criticised the fans but I heard his interview on Radio Norfolk after the game and he has been misquoted in several papers and websites over the weekend.

No excuse for making out that we had a part to play in the team conceding a late goal though!!

Well thanks very much Salopian, mbncfc, thefutureisyellow and A1!!

I was enjoying being a disgrace! At my age you don''t get as many opportunities to be disgraceful, thanks for spoiling it for me!! [;)]

What''s more disgraceful is that we as a club do not seem to have eleven players who can beat or even put up a fight against a below average division 2 side.

The dissapointment that PG felt was in the last 15 minutes of a completely lacklustre, spineless performance from a team of players who were outshone by a 37 year old journeyman who fully deserves his pay packet and showed a commitment to a club he does not actually represent.

Forget the off field antics but the man in charge picked the eleven and did not fire them up enough to engage the crowd. No hard tackles, no attack minded play nothing of any note at all. 3 or 4 players tried at best the rest just could not be arsed. Players will earn support and while clowns like Robinson, Hughes, Etuhu and McVeigh  stroll around taking the absolute piss then support is not what they will get and the crowd will be off.

It is not the losing but the lack of any commitment. PG should bin the clowns and get kids on. I would rather pay my hard earned to watch a team of tryers lose than the shambles we have seen over the last 2 weeks. We had no midfield on Sunday and what changed on Saturday and it is not down to injuries so forget that excuse.

I am not slating PG as he has not been here long enough to have proved himself but it is not acceptable to pin his comments on passion after that game as what he said verbatim was aimed at the fans that were not the problem, his team of players were. That is what is unacceptable and concerning to me at least. I am not offended or highly strung but what he said after the game in the heat of the moment was fine but it is not good that on reflection he has chosen to deflect the inability of his team that he chose onto the fans. As one of those fans I do find that to be offensive.

words fail me with some of the posts on here.so eleven highly paid players can''t hold onto a 1 - 0 lead against a very poor team.a manager feels the need to deflect this onto the crowd.do me a favour, I have never seen such a shower of eleven players wearing the green and yellow shirt.we were poor from start to finish, played players out of postion and  left  possibly the best midfielder at the club on the bench.there was nothing to cheer and sing about and the writing was on the wall that they would find an equaliser.Grant needs to sort his players and his attitude out before blaming everyone else.anyway it''s nice to see the do-gooders come out in support of grant and these are the ones who are totally prepared to watch this standard of football.amazing!well done lads.

[quote user="Chris Meadows"]i''ve said the exact thing in another thread. why can''t people just get behind the team? are they scared the team might play better and give them nothing to complain about?[/quote]should of we done this when worthington was here.?

A1 - So I have my knickers in a twist do I?, personally I do not give a monkeys what PG has said but I will always stick up for the fans, you may not like that but tough **** because I am every bit as passionate about Norwich City as he is.

Salopian - You have got to be a politician!!, weasel words, the inference remains the same, we lost two points because the fans did not get behind the team. Of course going all defensive after we went 1-0 up and sloppy defending had absolutely nothing to do with at all.

For the record I have never booed a Norwich City player in my life, I am not one to moan, groan and whinge at games, I see this message board as the ideal place to vent your spleen and I will not be bowed or pigeon holed by smug, smart arsed, patronising posters.

My fellow posters may have their own interpretation of what I have posted, but I can assure you it has nothing to do with wanting PG out of the club and everything to do with sticking up for the fans, I have always maintained I am happy with his appointment and that he needs to be given time to assemble his own team and I have not deviated from that view.

[quote user="king of latvia"][quote user="Chris Meadows"]i''ve said the exact thing in another thread. why can''t people just get behind the team? are they scared the team might play better and give them nothing to complain about?[/quote]should of we done this when worthington was here.?[/quote]Worthingtons failure had been going on for 2 years. Grant has only been here for 9 games and doing what could be said as a good job given a small squad full of medioca and rubbish players.

[quote user="Salopian"]PG did not call the crowd a disgrace. What he actually said was, "IT''S a disgrace", that is the failure to encourage the team when they really needed support.

Some of the people who were thin-skinned and wounded enough to feel that that they had been mortally wounded by Grant, should realise that the disgrace was the failure to support the team when they needed it most.The people who have been slagging him off on this board and elsewhere should read the words of those who said that the home supporters had gone very quiet when the team needed noise.

Perhaps he did "tell it as it was". Perhaps he felt let down by the people who sit in judgement on him from their armchairs. Should he have said, "May I respetfully suggest that those people who have been loyal and effective supporters of this club really failed us badly in this game when we really needed them most"? I like my football with passion. He is a passionate man, and if in his frustration his language was strong, I would have thought that worthy of forgiveness.

[/quote]

A little bit outnumbered is Grant .....   by about 25, 000 to one  !!   hey , Granty  , use your nut , go for the 11 to 1  odds  ,    much more manageable ..... if you get my drift ?  [;)] 

Peter Grant knows what he is doing. Everything publicly said by the manager is said for a reason..

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

A1 - So I have my knickers in a twist do I?, personally I do not give a monkeys what PG has said but I will always stick up for the fans, you may not like that but tough **** because I am every bit as passionate about Norwich City as he is.

[/quote]That''s brilliant SoB! How did you work that one out? So it wasn''t what he said, or in this case didn''t say, that caused you and many others to go nuts at him then? It''s got nothing to do with what he said has it, because you don''t give a monkeys. And yet there you are effin and jeffin about it. Hilarious!

Nit picking....hair splitting.....la de da de da.

I was there....the team were crap...the fans were speechless because of the dross dished up. No excuses and I don''t give a toss who you blame...but before I get excited I need something to get excited about.

Lift the roof on Tuesday?.....bo**ocks....So what the hell next?  Canned laughter and miming to the tannoy? Piped crowd noise?......Whatever happened to reality?

I don''t see the big difference between calling the fans a disgrace and calling the fans behaviour a disgrace, whatever he means he is having a go a the fans which was totally unnecessary. I am not getting in a twist, and as i have said before (as the beginning of my quote in todays EDP shows) i am still willing to support Peter Grant, however i am just pointing out that in my opinion the rant was totally uncalled for.

a1 - I have not gone "nuts" as you so nicely put it. I will be there tonight and I will be cheering the team on, as I was on Saturday. On a personal level I do not have a problem with what PG said, as I said I like to stick up for the fans, you may see a conflict there but I don`t.

[quote user="king of latvia"][quote user="Chris Meadows"]i''ve said the exact thing in another thread. why can''t people just get behind the team? are they scared the team might play better and give them nothing to complain about?[/quote]should of we done this when worthington was here.?[/quote]

KOL he''s gone.. long, long gone... and he wont be coming back. GET OVER IT!

jas :)

He''s got you all cheering for the team, without realising.

He''ll take the flak, whilst you get behind the team. Everybody will try to prove him wrong. How about that for good management.