Sign in to follow this  
JC

Pubs showing game on Sunday

Any info on which pubs in Norwich are showing the game on Sunday?  Preferably while serving beer and some sort of big fat fry-up....

Apparently the Reindeer on Dereham Road is doing an all you can eat brekkie buffet for £5.50 pre game. I''m going to the Rose on Queens Road where I''m sure there will be food as well.

[quote user="Meeky"]Apparently the Reindeer on Dereham Road is doing an all you can eat brekkie buffet for £5.50 pre game. I''m going to the Rose on Queens Road where I''m sure there will be food as well.[/quote]

I did a gig at the Reindeer once. Friendly place as I remember, and they loved my kazoo work. I''ve missed the last 2 sausage and beer festivals at the Rose. My remaining ambition in life involves making the next one... [B]

Would the Kings Arms on Hall Road show the game? It''s been a while, but I really loved that pub.

The Murderers on Timber hill (city centre) are opening from 9.30 and serving food/drink. Great Pub usually gets a good atmosphere.

Does anyone know if a pub in poringland (royal oak etc) is showingthen game as i have to take my daughter to the play barn for a party at 11 and wont get back to city in time???

Anyone know of any east side of the city?  I thought about the good old coach and horses, but it will undoubtedly be completely rammed as usual.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]That''ll most likely be the Belle Vue on Stafford Street, then... great pub, used to be my local... damn I miss it! [:''(][/quote]Sadly reported to be a shadow of its former self EM.Fat Cat showing game, we can only offer cold pork pies though! (They are the best in the county however)I''m not working (Yay!) but may end up watching it there, as the Kings Head, Blofield, no have tv [:(]

Ah!  Thank you.

[quote user="Smudge"]Came past The Mischief this morning on way to work, they are opening at 11am [/quote]

I''ll be at the game tomorrow, but, with a few minutes to while away today thought I''d make a few suggestions for pub viewing for those living in Norwich and not able to be at the game. I know that the following do, or recently have, shown Sky matches.

The Lily Langtry on Unthank Rd ( corner of Park Lane ). Watched Stoke v City a few years back. Plenty of plasma screens and good atmosphere. Was heaving for England''s World Cup matches.

The Mitre, Earlham Rd ( about 1/2 mile from the above ). Not a particularly lovely pub but used to have a large pull-down screen and several plasmas.

The Garden House, Pembroke Rd ( off Park Lane, off Earlham Rd and between the two pubs already mentioned ). Nice corner pub with garden. Horribly expensive lager -- so says my student son -- but packed out during World Cup.

The City Gate, Dereham Rd ( bottom of grapes Hill ). Vast converted bingo hall, Wetherspoons ( I think ). Four TV''s and a projector ( I think )

The Ketts Tavern, bottom of Ketts Hill. Good real ale, food, several screens. Good atmosphere.

The Jubilee, St Leonards Rd ( off Rosary Rd ), Looks a tiny corner pub from outside but opens out at the back. Huge screen in the small front bar with another large screen in the back room. Does a sensational chilli-con-carne if you''re in the mood........

The Coach & Horses, Thorpe Rd. I think this has been mentioned already. Legendary amongst sports fans generally and City fans in particular. Big  screen in the back room and smaller screen at the front.

If all else fails there''s always all the places in Riverside which are bound to be open early to milk the cash cow...........

As I said before it would make sense to ring the pubs first to check that they''re actually showing the game. They''ll all be listed on the internet somewhere. I just typed in " pubs in Norwich " and a list of 137 -- with telephone numbers -- came up but obviously they don''t all have Sky Sport.

Good luck and enjoy..........

Bridge House, Riverside Road showing the game, two screens so no problem watching the game. Opens at 11.00. No food but good beer plus a good pre match venue. away from the crowded riverside area. No, I am not the landlord!!!