Sign in to follow this  
James Long

A Royle Dilema

Even though speaking about the binners is not acceptable, I''ve just seen the most strangest comment in a while and it''s from Mr Royle. On Sky sports news, they are doing this poll whereby they ask managers if there was one thing (rule or other) they could change in football, then what would it be and strangely his answer was to scrap the D1, 2, 3 and conference play-offs and just have the top 3 (top 4 for division 3, top 2 for the conference) go up with no play- offs. Yet this is the man who got went up from D2 to D1 via the play-offs with Man City and is now publicly stating that a play off place is what Ips*** need to aim for with Automatic promotion looking for unlikely for them. Does anyone think he thinking about Norwich because he''s praised Green cos of his call up, He wrote in the Ips*** derby programme at theirs how much he enjoyed his 2 or so years at Norwich which could almost rub it in on their behalfs and now says that the usual quota of teams that go up from whichever divison should do with the top ? depending on which divison it is with no play offs. With us yellows hopefully going up and him to say something like and wanting to scrap the play offs which if although very unlikely happened, this would prevent the Binners from going up. Is he up to something about Ipswich down the A140?

i think most managers would like the play offs to be scrapped. (especially the team that comes 3rd and then loses in the play offs, which nearly always happens). like 2 years ago when wolves were 9 pts ahead of millwall in 4th place but got knocked out in the semis by us. is that really fair? the 46 games have been played over a course of 9-10 months and the top 3 has been the best 3 sides. why is it fair that the team who came 4th, 5th or 6th to go up?! i would also like to see the play offs scrapped.