Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Someone forgot to give BFJ his medicine...

From today''s EADT:

"West Brom dug deep and Norwich keep a good shape.

"But neither can play at a level that we can, although both can defend at a level higher than we can."

There he goes again - same as Polly Pardew and Colin W.
GET IT INTO YOUR THICK HEADS, DEFENDING IS PART OF PLAYING.
If you can''t defend at the level we can, then ipso facto, you can''t play at the level we can. This illustrates perfectly why his team has struggled to string results together all season. He seems to think defending is not actually part of the game, that it''s an irritation that the players should just be able to do on the side while they charge up the field. BFJ and his staff are clearly incapable of developing and coaching the art of defending.
It seems that generally, attacking players turned managers don''t understand or appreciate good defending: BFJ, Keegan (although he has tried sooo hard!), Gullit, Hoddle...
If i was Sheepsha**er, this would be the final straw for me - bye bye Joe.

I''m not so sure, Peter, that they have forgotten to dose him up - more like they have been giving him the wrong stuff. Imagine the label on the bottle: When 9th in the league and desperate for points take copious amounts of Delusional Elixir. WARNING - possible side effects to sufferers of mediocrity are bucketloads of confidence and belief without any substance, and possible outbreaks of rose-tinted vision amongst those around you, so much so that they might even begin to believe the delusional crap they are being fed by you. DO NOT USE SPARINGLY as low doses may begin to give you a microgram of your credibility back!

Ha! Ha! Keep it up BFJ. This is very entertaining stuff!

I''m begining to think there''s something in the theory that heading a ball too much as a player can cause you mental problems in later life. It''s clearly had that effect on Mr Potato Head. Having watched his interview on Sky Sports News, I was convinced Ip***** had won 2-1: after all, the first West Brom goal should have been a free kick it Ip*****, and the third one was off-side, and they are the best team in the division, apert from one or two defensive problems, so obviously the FA will reverse the result. Failing that they''ll decide that the teams that finish 9th and 10th get automatic promotion.

Was that the first cuckoo of spring I just heard?

When we had our centenary celebrations I had a chat with Royle and he seemed perfectly normal, infact I thought he was quite astute, just goes to show how easy it is to misjudge people.