Sign in to follow this  

Apparently he was due to be on the bench but came in with flu this morning or yesterday, and was therefore withdrawn from the squad.

Hopefully he was due to be rested simply because of his international trip, otherwise it''s slightly worrying. An off form Safri is still head and shoulders above any of our other midfielders (and I use that term very loosely).

Also, Doherty was embarassing today with his constant grabbing of Lee. And where was the organisation at the back? Sitting on the bench I think.

Robinson out

I can''t help wondering whether Safri is off in the transfer window. He undoubtedly has quality yet has seldom lived up to expectations this season. He and Robinson don''t seem to play well together as I think they''re too alike but if one or the other plays then I think it has to be Safri.

if he had the flu why was he allowed to travel and possibly affect the rest of the squad? i think its an excuse to cover up the fact hes been poor, when i saw his face in the dug out on sky he was looking extremely pi**ed off and didnt look like he had flu!!

Safri was going to be on the bench before he got ''flu''...  Behind the amazing Hughes and Robinson in the pecking order anyway.....

Sounds to me like he didnt have flu and we won''t be seeing much more of Safri.  Our squad just gets worse at every turn...

Heard a rumour and I state that this is not a definate but it has been said no smoke without fire, Safri to Ffyanord (sorry about the spelling) in Holland for £1.5m in January.

IMO this would be good business providing it was spent wisely.

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

Heard a rumour and I state that this is not a definate but it has been said no smoke without fire, Safri to Ffyanord (sorry about the spelling) in Holland for £1.5m in January.

IMO this would be good business providing it was spent wisely.

[/quote]can he take the majority of the rest of the midfield with him.8 pints of Oranjeboom shouls cover the rest of the fee!

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

Safri too alike  Robinson?

And there''s me thinking Safri was better than sh!te.

[/quote]

And think of us last year thinking Etuhu was worse than shi!te, He''s now our best midfielder (I class Hucks as more of a striker)