Sign in to follow this  
sxcanaree

One Positive from yesterdays game.....

Despite the usual heavy handed policing I thought that the behaviour of the Ipswich Stewards in the upper tier was exemplary and they treated us as away fans far better than the Stewards treat all away fans at Carrow Road - I was near the front and whilst the ticket was checked three times before I reached my seat each time it was done as an assistance rather than the Carrow Road way of blocking the entrance/exit of the stand.

Beachballs that were thrown were thrown back - unfortunately those that went into the lower tier were confiscated....

Once the game started the Stewards sat down and watched the game, there was no attempt to make those who wanted to stand sit and for those who wanted to sit the steward was quite happy for people to move around and sit nearer the front allowing those who wanted to stand to move further back.

When we scored the overexuberant fans were politely asked to return to their seats and even those that wanted to question the sexual proclivities of the Ipswich supporters were quietly directed back to their seats - the police presence also was minimal.

Close to the end the Steward allowed those who wanted to leave early to head for the exit and also apologised for the appalling behaviour of their fans when Chadwick was carried off round the pitch.   

Equally the Police presence was less intimidating than it has been in the past. I turned down the opportunity to be herded like sheep before and after the match as I had a pint getting warm in an Ipswich Boozer however I had no problem heading off in the opposite direction to the Station.

Things may have been different if we had won but I believe that the Norwich Stewards and Police could learn a great deal from their Ipswich counterparts.

Can''t say I totally agree. did they really need to keep us waiting for so long after the match in the stadium and outside.

But the worst for me was being herded around to the norwich bound platform when I wanted to go South. I questioned this with a pc who told me that I could get to the other platform that way (as I have done previously) only to be told to turn back when I got there by pc 8451 or ****hole (delete as aplicable) so I had to run back against the tide like a demented salmon.

The highlight of the day was seeing that ipswich kid get pulled out after the match with his mother in hot pursuit!