Sign in to follow this  
Kenning

What did we learn today

For me it was straight forward today.

We had absolutely NO midfield.

Did Etuhu turn up today

Hughes did nothing to create any sort of decent reputation.

Robinson is not good enough.

If you have no midfield you will win NOTHING.

I learnt for the second time this season that Grant changed a defence that hadn''t conceded in their two/three previous games.  I have to laugh when he says I am not afraid to change a winning side if I think I need to change things for different matches.  Most  good managers will change their back four if they have an injury or there is a weakness.  Grant changes a succesful back four by bringing in a weakness.

Doherty was an absolute embarrassment today when he grappled with the Ipswich striker as if he were in a wrestling ring, and often decided not to jump for a header so as to give the Ipswich player a chance on goal.

What we should have learnt is that if you''re good enough you''re old enough.  Ipswich have nutured their youngsters Billy Clarke, Danny Haynes, Shane Supple etc and they are now paying dividends.  We have "professional" lads older than these yet to play a first team competitive game.  Maybe the contracts were given out to save Worthy after so many called to give the youth a chance at the end of last season.