Sign in to follow this  
king of latvia

season ticket

I won''t be doing so again until we remove this shambolic board. I''m sick and tired of paying good money for Delia to turn into omelettes..... I got blackmailed into doing so this year because of deliberate possible ticket ''shortfalls''....but I won''t get conned again.

I agree with you cluck.  The ''Delia-isation'' of our club has done me in. 

btw I gather Sheepshanks has just invited a new director onto their board who has taken a shareholding of just under 15%.  That''s the maximum shareholding they allow at Ipswich.  Now why can''t we have a rule like that?  (Info from Wymondham & Attleborough Mercury 16.11.06.)

bloody hell, 1 bad result and listen to you! we can''t win every game, give it some time, the team is not string enough, our new manager needs a bit of time to turn things around doesn''t he?

marty i feel exactly the same....if u want to win every game go and join the millions of fakes on the waiting chelsea season ticket holders list......of course i agree that we pay good money to watch poor football but at the end of the day you susposed to support your club thick and thin, our recent relative success 2 or 3 years back has suddenly warped fans minds, of course youre entitled to spend your money how you want but theyre wouldnt be a league if people didnt support the losing teams

[quote user="Marty"]bloody hell, 1 bad result and listen to you! we can''t win every game, give it some time, the team is not string enough, our new manager needs a bit of time to turn things around doesn''t he?[/quote]

most worrying he seems to need some time to learn how to do the bloody job properly.....  After changing the defense before the stoke game also he aint proving to be a quick learner either....

[quote user="Philip Ellis"]marty i feel exactly the same....if u want to win every game go and join the millions of fakes on the waiting chelsea season ticket holders list......of course i agree that we pay good money to watch poor football but at the end of the day you susposed to support your club thick and thin, our recent relative success 2 or 3 years back has suddenly warped fans minds, of course youre entitled to spend your money how you want but theyre wouldnt be a league if people didnt support the losing teams[/quote]

Philip it''s a warped sort of loyalty if you continue to turn up week in week out when you honestly feel that the owners of the club are taking it in the wrong direction.  Loyalty is a two way process, and we''re getting precious little back imo.  They''re taking us for granted. 

I didn''t renew this season.  The main reason was that I had no intention of giving the board a green light to go ahead and build another stand when it''s so obvious that team strengthening should be the main priority right now.  They''ll probably do it anyway, but not in my name.

I would dearly love to be there for what looks more and more like Hucks'' last season.  I wish there was a more effective way than voting with my feet, but I can''t think of one.

[quote user="Marty"]bloody hell, 1 bad result and listen to you! we can''t win every game, give it some time, the team is not string enough, our new manager needs a bit of time to turn things around doesn''t he?[/quote]

Hey up Marty......it isn''t anything at all to do with PG, because I reckon he has done amazingly well with what he has been given. I base my reluctant decision on the downward spiral of NCFC under Delia Smith....and as Mystic has said also...it''s done me in too. It''s a creeping feeling and I no longer feel that the club is truly representative of Norwich or Norfolk anymore.......and has become everything to do with Delia Smith. I don''t like that situation personally.....as Norwich City used to belong to all of us....not just one celebrity figurehead.

It''s a good point you make and I understand the logic.....but after so many false dawns under DS.....this is one too many. If things change upstairs one day soon.....I would happily retract my decision......but until then.........

Agreed Marty - the bloke needs time and today is a total over-reaction.  It was awful but the difference it is the second awful game in 7,  whereas we had had a sustained period of underperformance from the same set of players.  Give the bloke time to get his players in playing the way he wants.

Docs record with Shax has been good.  Dublin struggles to last 90 mins and he has no long term future so why not go with the real first choice.  The defence were under enormous pressure today due to only Chadwick showing at all from the front 6 players.

That our best attacking moves came from Shax and Colin says it all.  

Things will and are getting better - todays overreaction is about over confident city fans over stating the progress the team has made over a very short term period ;  I do think we are in a period of mid term improvement which means a bad game like today will come along;  we are not automatic promotion candidates but we are improving as a team from the side we were 10 games ago - that point should not be forgotten as the baby is thrown out with the bathwater.  

so we lose to the scum and people "arent going to renew season tickets" pathetic!

We are still well placed for a play off Push and Grant has lost only 2 games this season since taking over. why, after ONE defeat to the scum.. is it all of a sudden the end of the world?

Id sooner be in our position than theirs!

we could lsoe both times this season to them and no one will give 2 hoots if Grant takes us up will they?

jas :)

What has prompted that question?Seaon tickets are for home games. We all know Norwich play badly away from home but we are pretty good to watch at home and have improved under Grant. If Norwich wasn''t so damned difficult to get to from Northampton I would jump at the chance of a season ticket for next season!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

so we lose to the scum and people "arent going to renew season tickets" pathetic!

We are still well placed for a play off Push and Grant has lost only 2 games this season since taking over. why, after ONE defeat to the scum.. is it all of a sudden the end of the world?

Id sooner be in our position than theirs!

we could lsoe both times this season to them and no one will give 2 hoots if Grant takes us up will they?

[/quote]

jas...I don''t normally rise to stupid posts....but you really haven''t got a clue have you?

Do you honestly think one result causes such reactions from long term supporters? This club has been a bloody shambles for ages now and I''m personally grown up enough not to see a defeat to Ips**t as the end of the world. It''s ultimately ''just another game''.....and another game in which we have played badly. I have stated before on here that my support of Norwich City is not simply ''results'' based.....if that were the case I''d be a Man Utd. fan or some other equally contrived club. I like to see guts and effort....pride and intelligence. Those values are nowhere to be seen at Carrow Road these days and pure luck runs out eventually.

My season ticket cost me good money.....and I want to see effort and endeavour for that money. All I have seen in the Delia Smith era is flannel and spin....with minimal ambition and progress. One step forwards and two back. That might be fine at Rotherham or Gillingham....but not at Norwich City.

Now....if you want to continue paying good money to see crap....then good luck to you, but for those of us who have a different perspective of things at the club....keep your offensive and childish prattle to yourself. If you would care to look at our squad compared with the team we played today....I think you would be retarded to say that we have anything like as good a set of players. They had youth....pace....determination....hunger....pride....and alot else besides. The only thing that is pathetic on here...is the blinkered defence of failure such as that put forward by you.

State your case jas.....but get your head out of your a**e and face reality.

i decided several weeks ago to jack it in . ive followed this club since about 1978/79 through good and bad but somethings wrong and although i cant put my finger on it , i dont want to keep going just on loyalty alone . this current crop of players dont seem to give a toss half the time so why should i ?

Well that saves me from writing it. Marty, I agree with you 100%!

I will renew unless some other factor causes me no too. I think people need to realise the long road ahead for us, things will not magically get better it will take time. We are paying the price for not sacking worthy at an earlier time.

Cluck.. Why do u have a season Ticket??? is it so u can whinge incessantly about whats going on on the pitch keeping ur season ticket incase we come good so u can jump on the "told u so" band wagon?

the players we have are Nigel Worthingtons Players. not Peter Grants.. Nigel worthington is long gone (Good riddance we both agree, im sure) Grant can do NOTHING until January. Acquiring Chadwick looks like a good bit of business for the club as today proved. Sadly Chadwick could be out for some time.. but thts not his fault.

Peter Grant has won 4 Drawn 1 and Lost 2 in his managerial career. for a manager who is still learning his trade thats not a bad start. We have beaten the League Leaders, and the supposed "promotion favouites" in Sunderland and Birmingham. Games we would of lost by an embarissing scoreline under the current Regime.

We have seen Robert Eagle introduced under Grant, a good Player with some nice looking touches, who I think will do well for the football club. Robert Eagle is 20 years old.. why wasnt he in the team 3 years ago under Clueless Worthy?

I dont disagree that we lacked the guts and effort today, they clearly werent showing and Ipswich took advantage of that. Dare i say it well done to Ipswich, we would have done the same if the role was reversed.

Peter Grant is still learning, he thought it would be the right decision to drop Dion. Im sure he is sitting at home now thinking that Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Would he make the same decision again? i somehoe doubt it.

The fact is Cluck u can whinge and complain about whats going on but u have written Grant off since Day one. If he took us up but we lost to the Scum in April again, ud be baying for his blood wouldnt u?

Yes, we lost the game today, but look at the league table. Then look at where we were under Worthington. you cant say that it hasnt been turned around somewhat can u? Ok so maybe at times we are lucky, but (and u have been a Norwich fan for many a year and im sure can agree) we have been the victim of so much bad luck over the years that its about time fortune favoured us. top whingeing and enjoy it for a bit!

and my final comment, choose to give up your season ticket if u feel thats the right idea for you. but i bet u will be banging the door of the ticket office down should we go up. Join the back of the waiting list Cluck!

Get behind Grant! see who he gets in in January, who he offloads, Worthingtons Coaches are still here, wait to see who he appoints. and if it does go wrong then Blame the board for this one. they appointed him over more experianced managers after all.

[quote user="king of latvia"]

how many of you are thinking of giving up your season ticket,next season . ?

[/quote]to be honest I''d not even considered it. now I''ve had chance to think about it ... hmmm no.

You are wrong Jas, there is something PG can do and he can do it now. As I have pointed out on another thread, he can get rid of that pathetic shambles that call themselves coaches. There I believe lies the biggest problem. Remember that just like most of the players they are Worthingtons creatures.

Me neither,  I shall watch a team whos players play and not take the p**s by turning up collecting big fat wages and mincing off to another set of suckers.. Non-league here i come!

I had a three year season ticket, with two seasons left but after the Crystal Palace game, I sent an E-mail to the club (Neil Doncaster), saying that the football I was watching is not the product I paid for and was not valve for money, plus I wanted a full refund on my ticket. The following day the club rang me, informing me to wait a couple of days to think it over, after which if I felt the same bring my ticket in and a full refund will be given. I waited a few days and decided to take my ticket in for a refund which they did (it probably was a coincident but 3 hours later the broad gave Mr. Worthington 2 more games and rest is history).

So if you feel that you want to get a refund on your season ticket, the club will listen to you.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

and my final comment, choose to give up your season ticket if u feel thats the right idea for you. but i bet u will be banging the door of the ticket office down should we go up. Join the back of the waiting list Cluck!

Get behind Grant! see who he gets in in January, who he offloads, Worthingtons Coaches are still here, wait to see who he appoints. and if it does go wrong then Blame the board for this one. they appointed him over more experianced managers after all.

[/quote]Agreed Jas.This season I finally found myself in a position to be able to a) afford a season ticket and b) be able to structure work committments to actually attend games and c) actually get a bloody season ticket. That after a disappointing previous season. Did it put me off? Did it hell! I fully expected this season to be a fairly turbulent one too, given the boards decision to back Worthington. It''s all part of the rich tapestry of football. Not every season is like 1985 or 1993 or 2002 or 2004. But if people get behind the team instead of constantly whining we might see a few more of them.

Jas....like I said....you just don''t get it do you?

If you can read in there somewhere that I have a ''downer'' on Peter Grant...you are sadly misguided. If you consider yourself to be a better judge than me of the bigger picture at CR...then so be it. I''ll sleep tonight.

As for my posts not being to your liking? Again I say tough titty. I express my personal views in a manner of my choosing......so I suggest you either get used to it, or don''t waste your electricity reading what I have to say.

As I said before....if you want to pour your money into Delia''s little toy box......you go right ahead, but I''ve personally got better things to do with it until such time as the club returns to it''s roots......and ceases to be a mere kitchen extension.

I can live with it......and that''s all that matters..........

[quote user="Chunky Canary"]You are wrong Jas, there is something PG can do and he can do it now. As I have pointed out on another thread, he can get rid of that pathetic shambles that call themselves coaches. There I believe lies the biggest problem. Remember that just like most of the players they are Worthingtons creatures.[/quote]

Been saying this for a while !  far too many  of the backroom staff   need booting out  ..... they seem to have jobs for life ... why ?    and  FFS  get rid of the scouts !  they couldn`t find a nurse in a hospital   !!  [:(]

There is no way I''m giving up my season ticket, especially for the pathetic reason that things are going badly so therefore I won''t come. I will be there because I am part of NCFC and NCFC are part of me! Simple as that.

I''ve got my views and at the moment there is plenty to critisise, but walk away from the club? never. I can see that many people will think differently and that is their decission. No doubt when things improve they will be back.

I agree with what Cluck has to say, but for me the "proof of the pudding" (no pun intended) will come in January when we will see how far the board will back PG, if they do not then I fear bleak times ahead for Norwich City FC. That said I will never ever give up my season ticket (ever!!).

Excellent post Cluckaduck, couldn`t agree more. Time for people to wake up and see the bigger picture. 30 million in tv revenue alone over the last 3 seasons and we are still as much of a `selling club` as we were under chase. Just look at Cardiff, lower crowds and a bigger debt (and no parachute payment) and they are trying to land Alan Smith to push for promotion! Apparently all our money`s gone on wages (smallest squad in the division), `infrastructure costs`(nice carpets), and agents fees. If you believe that you really need to take a look at yourselves.

me.

although i have for quite a while.
since going to UNI i''ve kept my season ticket, missed almost every decent game in our Premiership Season and last season making the journey back every other saturday to see us play teams like Luton wasnt very tempting.

i guess i could say i''ve lost the passion.
as i didn''t even watch the game yesterday/

and next season I won''t get a student price, god dammit.
and I could be working anywhere!

last seasons game against QPR, when sections of the barclay were cheering when QPR scored made my mind up otherwise.

other than that, the 10/11 years i''ve had it has been fun :D

[quote user="Jon White"]

I had a three year season ticket, with two seasons left but after the Crystal Palace game, I sent an E-mail to the club (Neil Doncaster), saying that the football I was watching is not the product I paid for and was not valve for money, plus I wanted a full refund on my ticket. The following day the club rang me, informing me to wait a couple of days to think it over, after which if I felt the same bring my ticket in and a full refund will be given. I waited a few days and decided to take my ticket in for a refund which they did (it probably was a coincident but 3 hours later the broad gave Mr. Worthington 2 more games and rest is history).

So if you feel that you want to get a refund on your season ticket, the club will listen to you.

[/quote]

Good post Jon White.

As for you others... I personally know someone on the waiting list for a season ticket. I think it''s really unfair to build his hopes up and tease him in this way, especially if you don''t really have a season ticket in the first place.