Sign in to follow this  
listen (formerly MG7)

'Away the Lads'

Why is it that no away fans seem to ever post their views on the matches on the Pink''un website any more?

I''m an exiled Canary, living in London, and can''t get to home matches due to work commitments. Is there any mention of the Pink''un website in the matchday programmes at Carrow Road?

If there''s not, how do the away fans ever find out about it?

There hasn''t been any views from fans since the new South Stand opened, and I for one am wondering what visiting fans think of the ''new'' Carrow Road, and what they think of our support, etc.

It''s weird, when I was living in Norfolk, I used to go and watch matches religiously (though not a season ticket holder) - down in the Barclay. But now living in London, I get very little chance to go. In fact, my last match was the FA Cup match at Southampton last season. Have probably been to more away games than home ones in the last two or three seasons since I left our Fine City. Did manage to get tickets for the Reading match though - I can''t wait.

Any thoughts / answers on the ''Away the Lads'' thing?

OTBC

I try my best to get away fans to submit their views to the Away The Lads section as it is very popular. I post messages on the boards of popular websites of upcoming opponents and their web editors. Someone usually replies and promises to send me something but then their mood suddenly changes after they come away from Carrow Road with no points. So put it down to sour grapes!

Fingers crossed that some Wigan fans will send me a report over Easter. If anyone knows of any Wigan fans that would be up for this then please let me know!

Thanks Peter,

Do you think including the website address and asking away fans to submit reports this way might increase the numbers?

I know I always buy the programme when I go to away grounds, and I''m sure that many visiting supporters do the same (especially after programme''s recent award!) when they come to Carrow Road.

Also, having the website address on paper, makes it easier to remember, and I think it would be a good idea to include it (and some further details) in the section of the programme dedicated to the away team.

Would the club charge a lot for a small ad? Maybe they''d give you a little space for free, even?!

Cheers

OTBC

Anyone else have any ideas on how we can encourage more away fans to email the Pink''Un with their views of the stadium / city?

And does anyone else here post on other boards, giving opinions on other grounds they visit?