Sign in to follow this  
charlies dad

Icelandic Windfall.

Just heard Roger Blitz, FT Football Correspondent on Five Live talking about the West Ham takeover. apparently, the first thing the new owners are going to do is pay Norwich City all the money owing for Dean Ashton, and all other football debts. Nice.

Do we know for a fact that they are behind in their payments for him or is it just that there is an amount outstanding simply because they''re paying in instalments?

There will be a sum of £20 million spent, to eradicate all of  West Ham''s debt. They mentioned the Ashton deal in particular, as probably the biggest outstanding debt, the 2 argentinians are leaving in January, as they ''belong'' to Joorabchian. I don''t think West Ham are behind in paying the money, but they will be paying in full, in advance of the agreed schedule for payment.

They are apying in instalments i believe and i dont think you will find there was anyone else behind Ashton''s transfer from Crewe otherwise it would have had to be included in last years accounts by law!