Sign in to follow this  
St.John Cooper

Ipswich deserved there win

Lets face it we were totally out played and Ipswich deserved their win. What is the matter with our team, our midfield was awful, Robinson and Hughes must go and soon, our defence was not much better, do they know how to clear their line?  Huckerby must realise he does not have the pace to beat 3 players any more.  We need a whole new back bone to the side.

This is what I think we need:

2 good defenders to replace Drury and Doc

2 midfielders to replace Hughes and Robinson

1 Striker to fit in but ultimetly to replace hucks as he slows down

A side with passion, desire, skill and the ability to pass the ball.......maybe I am asking to much?

Write this season off and mark my words we will finish in mid table and its all we deserve and worse still under the current squad all we are capable of. We need a clear out of the old guard and in with some new talent, its too late already for this season but next season will be on us before we know it. Lets get the ball in motion in Jan......PLEASE for all our sakes

OTBC

St.John

For me the priorities remain the same as the summer - firsly midfield, then midfield, then left midfield, then back up defenders (an injury and we are truly up creek) and then a back up striker.

Competion for places is what we need - players are in the comfort zone knowing they wont be dropped; even Hughes effort yesterday wasnt good enough - and he usually gives that in spades. 

They had kids playing out of their skins...a decent set of loan players....and a ton of passion. With a bit of consistency they will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season. We won''t.

I don''t get het up about derby games anymore...but to see how we were outplayed and out smarted really hurt.....just as it did at Stoke. I don''t mind losing....but I do mind being being mugged. That''s what has happened to City fans under Delia Smith.

I agree, it does hurt. Thankfully I dont know any Ipswich fans!

Ive posted on another thread here that I feel Norwich made an ok Ipswich squad look great yesterday

The most distressing thing for me was that even those who normally provide a few bright sparks for us were poor. Earnie did nothing and put his one chance over the bar. Hux looked about 85 years old and ready for his bus pass- even his cross into the box relied on an Ipswich mistake for Chadders to score.

Dicky, is this the same man who knows so much about football he supported NW until it was to late, even when our slow to react board move you still stand by him. You are as loyal as a dog, but like a dog can not see the bigger picture, you ask for sensible debate and then just point the finger. You really do make me laugh.  I would like to know what makes you the authority on football. Drury needs to go, he is old, slow, he was showen to be totally out of his depth in the premiership. Sure he is a nice guy and not a terrible player,but really if you think he is the kind of quality that we need to take us up and KEEP US THERE you are sadly mistaken. My summimg up of you from your many posts is as follows:

• Blind loyalty over progress
  • No football knowledge other than Norwich are great who ever and however they play
  • Willing to point the finger with no thought out answers
  • Short sighted, narrow minded and pig headed
  • Happy never to succeed
  • Content with Norwich even when things are clearly not correct
  • Happy to sit on the fence

What we need is to be behind the team 100% on match days sure, but outside these days a board, players and fans with the vision to take us back to the premiership. A manager who will clear out the old guard and bring in the new, with a skill, passion and desire to succeed.  Then Dicky and only then may we be where we all (even you) want our club

Keep up your posts it takes all sorts to make this world but only some to make a difference. You are not one of these! 

OTBC

St.John

[quote user="cluckaduck"]

...but to see how we were outplayed and out smarted really hurt.....just as it did at Stoke. I don''t mind losing....but I do mind being being mugged.

[/quote]

I totally agree.  We will lose games, every team will.  However it''s one thing to lose a tight game but to lose in such bad fashion, just like at Stoke, home to Burnley and numerous games last season is a very different kettle of fish.  It''s not the losing but the fact the game was never really a contest and that hurts.

To admit that for the second match running against Ipswich that we were out played by a team of kids, loanees and has beens really hammers home how far we have slipped in just two seasons when we took them apart. 

i just have to also back drury one of are best players on the day the guy has so much to do on that left said he is a big part of the club

have to say peter grant has  a big month in january i hope he does well