Sign in to follow this  
koimatsuba

give the man a chance you lot! .....

At least wait until the transfer window opens.

If peter Grant is serious about this club, which I believe he is. Then come Januray he will have made his mind up who is to go and what he wants.

Last year The Doc was the best of a bad bunch. Dublin at the back has proven that the Doc is not upto the task. Also many other players (they know who they are!)
have just not performed to their full potential or are simply not good enough. (unfortunaty Dublin to NOT a long term defensive option, but proven just how bad our defense was! and still is!)

My Underperformers list is: McVeigh/Doc/Jarvis Brothers/Eagle/Henderson/Robinson/Thorne/Colin

My Average Performances are: Gallager/Shackell/Dury/Safri/Hucks/Croft

Excellent so far this season: Etuhu/Earnie

Grant knows want he wants and if the players don''t move themselves into the bottom list then they will be gone. TOO LONG HAVE WE HELD ON TO THIS DEAD WOOD!

OUR DEFENSE RECORD IS -7 (I think) this is CRAP!

We MAY scrape a top 6 place this year, as this year WILL be a better season than last, but it all depends on the Jan window and what Grant can do with what little money he has.

IMO: He will sell Etuhu to Fulhamor Charlton for 2.2million to finace some players that he needs. He has no option as money is tight. Chadwick will stay and this is good as he''s a quality player.

What ever happens I''ll still be there to watch''em!!!! Up the City

Cheers All ...

Totally agree re giving Grant a chance. He has a hell of a mess to sort out. Just don''t expect to reach the play-offs this year - it ain''t gonna happen and may not do for a while.

Why should we wait until January?

His already proven that his tactics are bizarre, team selection woeful, and that he can bullsh*t with the best of them.  Dublin may not be a long-term defensive solution but Docherty''s a bl**dy liabilty. 

In fairness to Rossi Jarvis, Henderson and Eagle they have never been given a decent run in the side to prove themselves.  Docherty, Robinson, Thorne and Hughes aren''t underperformers - they''re not good enough for this division.

You have to admire Ipswich at least they give their (and our) youth players a chance rather than picking second rate dross.

[quote user="Scott Richmond"]

His already proven that his tactics are bizarre, team selection woeful, and that he can bullsh*t with the best of them.  Dublin may not be a long-term defensive solution but Docherty''s a bl**dy liabilty. 

In fairness to Rossi Jarvis, Henderson and Eagle they have never been given a decent run in the side to prove themselves.  Docherty, Robinson, Thorne and Hughes aren''t underperformers - they''re not good enough for this division.

You have to admire Ipswich at least they give their (and our) youth players a chance rather than picking second rate dross.

[/quote]

Tactics are bizarre? You base this theory on one result because i doubt you were saying this after we beat West Brom, Sunderland, Birmingham and Cardiff.

Team Selection Woeful? Well I''ve just got 3 words to answer this one: Injury & Worthy''s Rejects!

Well, it depends how you define bullsh*t, if you define Bullsh*t as saying what he actually thinks of how players are playing and giving an honest sum up of the game, then yes he may well be bullsh*ting

I agree on the Doherty comment but you have to remember, there is a month between December and Febuary that Grant can get rid of the driftwood we have and get some new blood in.

You have to Admire Ipswich? Do you support Ispwich? To be fair, the scum have a good few young players with Billy Clarke and Haynes kicking our arse yesterday, but i still wouldn''t admit I admire the scum on a Norwich Forum, but each to their own I suppose!

Chill out Scott and just wait until Grant has had enough time to stamp his mark into the squad, Worthy had 5 1/2 years and failed, you haven''t even give Grant 2 months, he''ll get us up to where we belong, trust me!

Scott,a question, Who did you want to become the new manager? Just out of plain curosity!

Ref: Youngsters not given a chance ....(reply to origainal message)

If the youngsters were good enough they WOULD have played, whether worhty was in charge or not.

Do you think that wayne rooney would never have got through to the first team if he was a norwich under worthy?

Of course he would have. But Jarvis 1 &2 / Henderson/ Eagle etc... are not good enough. Ipswichs Haynes is a better player than these (i hate to say it!) lot.

WE MUST SELL OR CLEAR OUT THE DRIFT WOOD! get some new squad and exciting players.

Time to BUY BUY BUY. Lets face it they can''t buy much worse can they?

Anyway .... The defense MUST be sorted out at first. Any team that conseeds to many goals will go nowhere!

Cheers All

[quote user="Tom NCFC"][quote user="Scott Richmond"]

[/quote]

You have to Admire Ipswich? Do you support Ispwich? To be fair, the scum have a good few young players with Billy Clarke and Haynes kicking our arse yesterday, but i still wouldn''t admit I admire the scum on a Norwich Forum, but each to their own I suppose!

[/quote]

You need to wake up, Tom. Ipswich are probably better than us, as much as it pains me to say, but it is the truth - maybe we are on level pegging at the moment, but they are much better equipped for a promotion challenge in the next few seasons than we are. It looks like they may have good times in the near future. What have we got? And a few good youngsters? They have plenty of youth players who they bring through. We just persist with sh*t journeyman.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="Tom NCFC"][quote user="Scott Richmond"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You need to wake up, Tom. Ipswich are probably better than us, as much as it pains me to say, but it is the truth - maybe we are on level pegging at the moment, but they are much better equipped for a promotion challenge in the next few seasons than we are. It looks like they may have good times in the near future. What have we got? And a few good youngsters? They have plenty of youth players who they bring through. We just persist with sh*t journeyman.

[/quote]

Well put again Alex. While we have been adding yet more donkeys to our squad.....Ipswich have been getting back to basics and building on youth. Put on the market, most of their players would find a ready home.....but put ours up for sale....who would want them?  That''s where we can judge the standard of our squad.....as they are either past their prime or simply not good enough.