Sign in to follow this  
Delias Buns

What Would You Do...

Morning all,

Unfortunately I am ill this morning and decided to give college a miss, but i got text after text urging me to come in as people had planned a suprise, it turns out that some lads in my college have put up literally hundreds of posters of Danny Haynes and Jim Magilton, and that they''re playing the Ipswich celebration music all day - I really want to go in and wear my Norwich shirt with pride either later on today or tomorrow, but what would you do in this situation? Posters of "Norwich 2-0 Man U"? Or previous posters against Ipswich? It would be interesting to see what you and maybe I can nick a couple of your ideas!

Thanks.

[quote user="Stortford Canary"]

Morning all,

Unfortunately I am ill this morning and decided to give college a miss, but i got text after text urging me to come in as people had planned a suprise, it turns out that some lads in my college have put up literally hundreds of posters of Danny Haynes and Jim Magilton, and that they''re playing the Ipswich celebration music all day - I really want to go in and wear my Norwich shirt with pride either later on today or tomorrow, but what would you do in this situation? Posters of "Norwich 2-0 Man U"? Or previous posters against Ipswich? It would be interesting to see what you and maybe I can nick a couple of your ideas!

Thanks.

[/quote]

Just go in and laugh about it with them. Nothing falls flatter than a joke which doesn''t wound!

It''s just one game....and a return match is due later in the season. Maybe they will have enough pride to do better for us then......and if we do win.....stroll in as if nothing has happened and only comment if asked!

Never gloat....because it comes back to haunt you sooner or later!............[:)]

"Never gloat....because it comes back to haunt you sooner or later!............[:)]"

...Never a truer word spoken as the above quote.

I share an office with an Ips**t fan and every time we have a bad game he enjoys winding me up about said game. Fortunately he''s been off work since Friday so I''ve not seen him to have him gloat, but I''ve had a couple of emails, and the odd text to remind me.

Like said before, if you rise to the bait then the other people will go to Tahn, but if you play it cool, congratulate them on a good result and remain calm, they''ll ultimately be stumped on how to affect you.

And remember, football is a great levelller, it brings people down just as quickly as it raises them up. That ultimately is the beauty of the game. (Unless you support Chelsea and then it''s win, win, win, win, win every weekend)