Sign in to follow this  
my_left_foot

Huckerby

Slightly contentious post and I am one of his biggest fans, anyone else think Hucks has lost, or is losing his pace - without this, is he worth a place?  Alternatively, is it a lack of application or is he jarred off at having to work back and the criticism aimed at him by Grant?  Perhaps he already knows that he ain''t going to get a new contract and without his pace, what does he bring?

He was very poor today (again) and couldn''t "race" past his marker as he would normally - the same goes for several other games this season.  Is he injured? In the past, he has been one of the quickest players I have ever seen in terms of raw pace and quickness of feet.  

Like many before, when all of a sudden that extra "edge" has gone it is mostly downhill from thereon in an you become an also ran. I hope that isn''t the case but the signs are worrying. Then again, perhaps he s just not interested (like most of the rest!)  Perhaps we (and he) needs to move on? I expect him to be on the bench pretty pronto or, like Safri, out of the squad of 16.

i have been saying this for a while.

Hucks IS slowing down... and when he loses all of his pace we have a poor player. just what would a Huckerby with no pace bring to the club??? nothing.

He wont get a new contract because he knows he is slowing down.. he wont sign it and end up not playing because he cant run anymore.

jas :)

he may not be vintage 2003/04 but he''s still better than any other player in the squad.

he has one medicocre game and the hatchets are out. Hughes and Robisnon are crap week after week and the rest are hardly consistent.

Some people have very short memories......how bad are we are without him.

There were a couple of times today when he tried to knock the ball past a player and chase and couldn''t win it. I do wonder whether he is losing pace. He also looked slightly overweight to me.

I also wonder whether it is becoming increasingly hard to accommodate Hucks in our lineups and that actually it is doing more damage with the formation we are having to play to fit him into the team than if we played without him? Just a thought.

I''m his biggest fan, you all know that but I thought he was seriously off pace today. I''m just wondering if all this critisism from PG is having an effect and its too much to expect him to track back regularly rather than letting him have his free role.

Something is wrong thats for sure.

[quote user="mystic megson"]

Let''s see how we get on without him, shall we?

Did I imagine it, or was it his cross that led to our goal today?

[/quote]

we shall have to do just that one day MM... Darren Huckerby wont play for us for ever will he?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="mystic megson"]

Let''s see how we get on without him, shall we?

Did I imagine it, or was it his cross that led to our goal today?

[/quote]

we shall have to do just that one day MM... Darren Huckerby wont play for us for ever will he?

[/quote]

Nope !  it`ll just seem like forever , with " fans "  like you !

Certainly it seems that he’s carrying a niggling injury as really at his age he ought not to be loosing his pace as he certainly hasn’t had the dreadful injuries that befell the likes of Darren Eadie.

That said his body language doesn’t seem to be all that great and I wouldn’t be surprised that the issue of contract negotiations is weighing on his mind.  Apparently the board have offered him a significantly reduced deal and although he clearly loves the club and doesn’t want to leave it would certainly explain a few slightly ‘lesser’ performances in recent weeks.

[quote user="Bury Green"]

Certainly it seems that he’s carrying a niggling injury as really at his age he ought not to be loosing his pace as he certainly hasn’t had the dreadful injuries that befell the likes of Darren Eadie.

That said his body language doesn’t seem to be all that great and I wouldn’t be surprised that the issue of contract negotiations is weighing on his mind.  Apparently the board have offered him a significantly reduced deal and although he clearly loves the club and doesn’t want to leave it would certainly explain a few slightly ‘lesser’ performances in recent weeks.

[/quote]

As  another poster said , some people have short memories !    remember the virus problem ?  its very likely that he hasn`t shook this off yet ......   I saw a sheen of sweat on his face  as he passed , and , for a guy who keeps himself fitter than any other player , that isn`t a good sign !

Another facet to consider  , is that both he and Earnie were starved of any support  , and  , crucially , how were they supposed to do the business , when the ball was  constantly in Ipswich`s possession ?  

Yet another facet  is Hucks relationship to Grant !   who , every time he opens his gob about Hucks , sounds  exactly like Strachan !!    I think Grant has already made up his mind that this will be Hucks last season  ,  and the reason for the delay in Hucks signing  a new contract is  BECAUSE   Hucks knows that if he does , Grant will sell him  , and use the money to bring in some of his Scottish cronies  ..... too  heavy on the imagination ?    time will tell !

Have fun  .........[+o(]

[/quote]

Interesting Bury.  Sounds like standard tactics from our  board.  Offer him such a poor deal that he can''t accept it and then say "He turned it down".  All Hucks'' fault, board squeaky clean yet again.

They make me puke my guts.

Personally, I think he''s on his way out of this club.....I don''t think he wants to go, I think he''s being pushed........Just a feeling.....that''s all.....

I love the Board! Delia''s the savoury! Mr Doncaster is a very nice man! Rogernater and Skipjack are top fellah''s!....The Hotel is lookin'' superb - and the fantastico bricks and breezeblock buildin'' will be crowned the 12th wonder of the world! If you''re a true supporter (like wot I am!) Don''t complain, get behind the club and keep chuckin'' your hard earned dosh at it! It''ll all come good eventually.....Maybe not this season......or the next.......or the one after that......or......But anyway! "Onwards and across a bit!" "Prudence with thingy!" Call yourself tolerant, decent and ungullible supporters! You need to see the other side of runnin'' a successful Championship Club - with a meagre support of only 23+ thousand.......It''s really hard maintaining the restyrunt wine at room temperature - and keepin'' the cars polished an'' pristine in that Proton Torpedo showroom! Get real folks! Roman Abravomich''s 1''st eleven wasn''t built in a day!

Now, what was the thread about again?[8-)]

Why does everybody defend hux? he can be the laziest player in the world and at the moment that is something we cannot afford with the other crap in our side. he has to work more and start taking an interest in a game from minute 1 to 90 and not spend so much time whinging to officials and his own team mates. he has been average this season like the rest of them and that is not what people want we pay good money to watch and expect a bit of effort in return. having said all that though i would still have him in the team rather than be against him!

He would look a lot better if the players around him were not so crap. How many great crosses does he put in a season that people fail to get on the end of. How many times does he run his bollocks off only to pass to some prat like Robinson who promptly passes it to the other team. I''d say if anything Huckerby''s biggest problem is he is disillusioned with his team mates. He would be right to be as well.

Finally it seems that quite a few of the more savvy supporters are waking up to the world of Smith & Jones which can only be a good thing.

Of course there are those who will run out the old line of ‘knee jerk reaction to yesterday’ but what is far more telling about the current predicament is they have shifted the AGM back without so much a word to the shareholders. It’s almost as if they aren’t that keen to face us, I can’t begin to imagine why?

I do think the poor pitch played a part, it was cutting up bad, I guess it is the same for both team though.

Personally I think the pitch was a disgrace, the sort of pitch that could have caused injuries, it shouldn''t be that bad at this time fo the year, they should be fined for it.

Yesterday Hux had an off day, things didnt come off for him and he didnt see enough of the ball,  yet he still assuted in the goal and was our most dangerous attacker.  Just shows how poor everyone else is .

without hux we are relegation fodder.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i have been saying this for a while.

Hucks IS slowing down... and when he loses all of his pace we have a poor player. just what would a Huckerby with no pace bring to the club??? nothing.

He wont get a new contract because he knows he is slowing down.. he wont sign it and end up not playing because he cant run anymore.

[/quote]GET A GRIP hucks didnt play well because of peter grant slagging him.

well if hucks doesnt get a contract for slowing down then the other lot must worry because i wouldnt give them a contract for not performing.

Finally it seems that quite a few of the more savvy supporters are waking up to the world of Smith & Jones which can only be a good thing.

Of course there are those who will run out the old line of ‘knee jerk reaction to yesterday’ but what is far more telling about the current predicament is they have shifted the AGM back without so much a word to the shareholders. It’s almost as if they aren’t that keen to face us, I can’t begin to imagine why?

[/quote]

Have they?  Any idea when it is Bury, or is it "postponed indefinitely"? 

I see Lakey the Lackey is in full on character assassination mode as far as Hucks is concerned, with his comment that the cross that led to our goal yesterday was merely "by default".  What on earth does that mean?  And why is Lakey doing their bidding?

Promotion in 2004 was a team effort, but without Hucks it probably wouldn''t have happened.  We certainly wouldn''t have gone up as champions.  He deserves much better than this.  My cat deserves better than this.  If they can''t afford a new contract or think it''s time to let him go, at least have the guts to say so and take the flak instead of briefing the press to blacken his name. 

I agree, past his sell by date, he is just coasting along, sell in January and get as much as we can and move on; that is life and no room for lazer players, of which he now is! amongst most of the worthless squad![:(]

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]

He would look a lot better if the players around him were not so crap. How many great crosses does he put in a season that people fail to get on the end of. How many times does he run his bollocks off only to pass to some prat like Robinson who promptly passes it to the other team. I''d say if anything Huckerby''s biggest problem is he is disillusioned with his team mates. He would be right to be as well.

[/quote]

At last ,  somebody   who DOES  understand  the situation !       but  , its maybe too late ?     Hucks dedication and loyalty   has been questioned by the new manager , who has his own agenda  ......  ie bringing in his Scottish cronies ?     its also being questioned  by posters on this forum   !  maybe the  " village "  tag  from Greeno    has a little truth in it?

Still , there`s light at the end of the tunnel for Hucks  ,  Forest  beckons !    on the brink of promotion  , but needing  what Norwich did  in that push for promotion  ?   the irony  ........

Hucks likes Norfolk , but , hey !   its only about  20 mins by private charter plane  to Tollerton airport   , which is a five minute  taxi run  to the Forest stadium  ............[;)]

This thread is a total joke. You are joking right??!! [*-)] Yes he had an off day yesterday but in every other game I have seen this season I have seen nothing but determination to drag us back into games that our team as a whole were simply surrendering. Anyone remember Luton at home (least I think it was Luton, its a bit early)? We are sh*t without him. And to call him a ''lazer player'' (whatever that means) stretches credibility.     

To be fair, Hux is a lazy player and we know that.  He is lazy is his defensive duties but this is what happens when you expect a player like him to do donkey work.  However, going forward Hux is certainly not lazy and is as comitted as anyone in the team.  It''s interesting that even Hucklerby has gone from hero to zero with one bad game.  The truth is he has not been fully fit for most of the season but because of the sad state of our squad we cannot afford to leave him out of the team for long enough to get 100%. 

I really hope that the signing of Chadwick means that when he and Croft are both fit, we will see Huckerby where he will scare the opposition most, down the centre and free to go where he pleases.  People point that he leaves Drury exposed but that is because he is and always has been an attacking player.  The sooner people realise he is never going to be a midfielder and tackle back we will all be better off.  The man scored over 20 goals in one season for Man City up front and while I would not expect him to repeat that here, I am more than convinced he would create a lot more for Earnie if they were paired up front.

At the end of the day it''s not Hux fault he is asked to play in a way that is alien to him.  Sell him?  He is the last person I would sell!

I disagree that Hucks is a "lazy player", he gives his all every time he plays, so he has an off day and people are on his case, I suspect if we were aware of the full truth you will find PG is playing him despite he fact he is not fully fit (such is his importance to us). I am beginning to fear that there is some truth in the feeling that Hucks is being squeezed out of the club, shame on the Board if they allow it to happen.