Sign in to follow this  
The Duke of Norfolk

Re season ticket renewals. Some of the deadwood has to go....

because a significant number of season ticket holders won''t renew if come February it is looking like the Championship next season watching the likes of Hughes and Robinson.

Yeah, watching Championship football next season without Earnshaw and possibly Hux, whilst seeing the likes of Hughes and Robinson playing each week.

Doesn''t sound too great does it?

I won''t decide until late on in the season. In Feb its going to be too early for me, I am getting a little tired (mentally and physically) of a 350 mile round trip for home games so I must say that I am going to see what happens in the transfer window and then what impact that has.

The other factor for me is that I have a season ticket because of the lack of casual tickets available over the last few seasons. If there are fewer renewals and more casual tickets available I will probably go that route and not let my seat go empty when I can''t take the whole day off for the footie.

No you''re right it doesn''t sound great., but, I think not renewing season tickets would do long-term harm to club, because of supporters current dissatisfaction with the team.  The only thing that gives us a fighting chance of getting out of this division is 25,000+ bums on seats every week.

[quote user="Scott Richmond"]

No you''re right it doesn''t sound great., but, I think not renewing season tickets would do long-term harm to club, because of supporters current dissatisfaction with the team.  The only thing that gives us a fighting chance of getting out of this division is 25,000+ bums on seats every week.

[/quote]

I agree with the sentiment Scott, but I think a lot of us are feeling that we''ve done our bit and been committed and kept coming back with our cash for a long time. And have the board done enough from their side during the transfer windows? If, come February the 1st we hear Granty complaining about the lack of availability as to why we haven''t signed anyone yet again (just as Harry Redknapp signs his 10th player of the window) then I think we all have to question whether the people in charge have the guts to be in this business. Nice people yes, but if you never take a risk, you never achieve anything.

I''m so disillusioned with Norwich city at the moment, im giving serious thought to it. Renewing all my season tickets is going to cost an almighty sum of money. The only positive point is that my kids love the football so much, if they were not in the equation, i would have found something else to do with my saturday afternoon after last season.  I despise most of our players, Sunday was another insult, and i loathe the board for letting the situation develop the way it has. I personally dont think that 25,000 bums on seats makes a scrap of difference, the club lacks any ambition. No investment at all is made in anything other than restaurants and hotels. If they carry on the way they have been, crowds of 14,000 will be the norm, that will give us parity with the rest of the championship. January needs a sea change in attitudes at Carrow Road.