Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

Ronnie Wallwork available for loan...

Does anyone know much about him? I think he was ex-Man Utd and today, WBA boss Tony Mowbray has put him up for loan as he cannot get a first team game.

Surely he has to be better then Hughes and Robinson?

Any thoughts?

Yes - a little. Wallwork started his career at Man Utd and for a while looked like a great prospect. His career was then in tatters after he was banned for a long time (and at one stage it looked like he may be banned for life) after he abused a ref in a foreign league somewhere - I think he may have hit the referee. Anyway his Man Utd career didn''t take off although he was soon allowed to play again and ended up at West Brom.

I believe Wallwork was originally a centre half but has since become more of a midfielder. He would certainly add some bite to the midfield and he''s quite a hard man type player I think. Certainly worth a look for a loan move!!

[quote user="chocolate nutter"]Same kind of player as hughes & robbo runs around alot breaking up play not what we need!!!!!!!.[/quote]

A player who breaks up play is exactly what we need in midfield - our lot run around a lot but to no effect!

However I am not sure wallwork is much better at it than our current shower.