Sign in to follow this  
norwichcasual

please read and sign

sorry, but ud never get it in millions of years, id love to but it just wont happen, because of 2 reasons

1)police...these days no ''potential'' trobule game will be a 3pm kick off

2)money....runs the game since the premiership and clubs gain an awful lot out of this

The real problem is sky TV. They don''t sell tickets on the gates anymore so the other obvious thing to do would be to organise specific trains that people should get to go to the derby on which only people with tickets to the game can use. That way you stop people even going down to ipswich without a ticket.

As for Sky, why oh why does our government allow them to have such a manopoly over one of our countries greatest sports. I think there should be a compulsery buy back scheme where if a game is not going to be shown by Sky they HAVE to open it up for bidding.

I have said it time and time again but if a supermarket was to go out and buy every single (for example) banana going on the planet just so that the other stores couldnt sell any with the intention of not selling all that they buy then there would be a huge legal case - surely this is what sky are doing? Its in the FAs interests to sell the rights of each league seperately and also to ensure that both the needs of the clubs and the fans are met.

A champ club is lucky to get two or three games a season on Sky with money that is not in proportion to that of the teams in the prem. Note I say proportion. £50 million its worth now because they have done exactly that with premiership games so now there are two main investors to televise prem games. I would cap it and allow some of that money to trickle down the leagues. No more than £30million with a little bonus perhaps for promoted clubs so they are better equipped to make a fight of it and the rest should trickle down.

That would be £20million a prem team so £400million to the lower leagues etc. I would give £5million extra to the two auto promoted teams £2.5million to the play off winner and then tot up the league position payments and also establish a fund for situations where clubs that face administration through no fault of their own ie; lack of investment, can be awarded money and also for FA cup situations where the small club involved can not afford the police bill. Seems simple to me. Premiership clubs get a fat £10million extra and the rest goes towards improving the game.

I say this because giving it to premiership clubs will result in a temporary fix. They will play for expencive players with expencive wages making the gulf between the two division even higher. And should this amount reduce for any reason such as Sky buying out the opposition etc then you have given one league two or three seasons of a money "fix" which will then disapeer. Its about time the FA got fair.

The more televised a club is the more sponsers and sponsership money it can get, with teams like Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal who play in the champions league every season this is just going to make them untouchable.

personally i prfeer Derbys as night games.. instead of saturdays.

Last saturday Derby we had wasd in 1993/94 Meggo scored an O G

jas :)

Sadly if it wasn''t for the TV we couldn''t have seen it and they can not show all the games at the same time

so you''d deny thousands of Norwich fans the chance to watch the game on tv?

if the petition had asked for a friday night KO or a sunday afternoon KO i would have signed

Its got nothing to do with Sky TV. I actually heard that Sky originally wanted to show the recent game on the Friday night but it was vetoed. The reason for the early kick offs is the police. The last few derbied have not even been on sky and have still been 12 o''clock sunday kick offs.

Usually, they would have delayed the kick-off to allow all the fans being frog-marched from the train station to take their seats in time. But they couldn''t possibly keep all those faithful TV viewers waiting...

If they won''t do that, be it Sky or the Police, I can''t imagine they''ll change anything else...

And if you want to make a serious point, you have to take the time to make sure it comes across seriously too. May I suggest tidying up the header of the petition...

(with some of the other threads being posted at the moment, I did get a little anxious as to what the petition was going to be petitioning against... [*-)])