Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

gut feeling........

in five years time will we be:

a) a premiership team

b) a team with a few stars who has yo yo-ed between prem and championship

c) a mid table championship outfit

d) playing in league 1

My guess......head says c) heart says b) ...ott dreaming says a)

All depends on whether Delia wishes to metamorphose into Boadicea or remain that cook on TV.

The Iceni await.

Ten years is a long time.

OTBC.

My gut feeling usually translates as ''could you loosen your belt one more notch at lunch time, thanks''.Failing that, c)

what does it matter where we would like to be? we are where we are but there is too much dillusions of grandeur in that some people think we have a divine right to be in the prem but we dont. we are where we are because of the failings of the board, previous manager and the players brought in by those people. things wont change until there is some reality generated in that we have to slowly build to hopefully get to the prem again, it wont happen overnight and it wont happen by not investing in the future. the main thing we need , if not a change of board, is a different approach by this board in that they wont pretend everything is rosy like they have in the past when things start to go wrong, they need to be better at making decisions whether they are ruthless ones or not!!!!

It could be any of them,  but the one I am most (in a relative way)  confident that we will avoid is relegation to league one.   

I suspect we will be between b and c.

Clearly d after Sunday...

But then it was probably a after West Brom...

I don''t know, ask me in 5 years... [:$]

If some finance is found, and some good younger players emerge or are found, then I would expect b/c. We may have blown our chance of a premiership place, so probably c is more likely.

My gut feeling is that as long as the current board remain in place this club is going nowhere. Just where have we gone under the Smith leadership? *Awaits posts pointing out we got to the Premiership, conveniently forgetting that it was for one short, measly, embarrassing season*

my head says b.5

In or about the playoff repeatedly, never quite going up.

my heart says a, by colon d, my gut agrees, and my legs say "turn the heat up - we''re cold also c"

I generally ignore my gut and colon however, they mostly produce poo anyway.

[quote user="mystic megson"]

After a spell in League 1 we will be so pathetically grateful to be back in the Championship that we''ll happily settle for mid-table obscurity.

[/quote]

God I wish I''d said that!..................[:)]

E) Consistently inconsistent - Remaining in the championship various positions from 16th to failed play off finish. Maybe major investment in the 5th year will take us back to the Premiership (New investors/Directors or maybe some more successful cook books?)

Would love the answer to be A) But it more a league of money these days !!!

[quote user="vicar in green and yellow"]

in five years time will we be:

a) a premiership team

b) a team with a few stars who has yo yo-ed between prem and championship

c) a mid table championship outfit

d) playing in league 1

My guess......head says c) heart says b) ...ott dreaming says a)

[/quote]

A premiership team with out a doubt

vicar in green and yellow asked

Ok Troy- where do you feel we will be in 4 years, 3 months, 2 days and 5.5hours

It''s the end of the world vicar....we''ll all be in church, praying of course!

[quote user="Troy Tempest"]

vicar in green and yellow asked

Ok Troy- where do you feel we will be in 4 years, 3 months, 2 days and 5.5hours

It''s the end of the world vicar....we''ll all be in church, praying of course!

[/quote]

You think thats going to cut any ice with God ?     Oh ye of little faith  .......   you have 4 years, 2 days  and 5 hours to get your arse down to the vicars church ,  and don`t  forget a laaarge  contribution    to the roof fund  !   [;)][6][st][li]

[quote user="Troy Tempest"]Haven''t you heard Vicar? The world is due to end in 4 years, 3 months, 2 days and six hours time! The question is, therefore, pointless.[/quote]

Oh bugger.  I''ll only be 20 months away from drawing my pension  . . .

I''ve got a gut feeling that six pints of Stella followed by a chicken vindaloo is going to make me sorry in the morning. Must remember to put a toilet roll in the fridge.

Alex I am getting very tired reading this sort of post. Its so negative. Why don''t you get positive and say who you want in?.

I think the truth is that you don''t know anyone to put in rather than Delia! However you could start by listing the millionaires who live in Norfolk and then write to them to ask if they wished to invest in the Club. I would suspect that Neil Doncaster could save you time and trouble because I imagine that he and Andrew Cullen already have such a list and have already written to them on behalf of the Board.

I guess there are no Norfolk millionaires who want to take over the running of the club and very few millionaires anywhere who want to come to Norfolk. I cannot see too many footballers either coming here in January no matter how much money is available because there are brighter lights elsewhere as Robert Green has been happy to point out.

The best way to get the Club back in the Premiership is by training our own. I think to do that a massive effort needs to be put into the clubs youth policy and we can all help in that respect if the club will let us. Get the club to run training courses for scouts. Tell us what the club is looking for and lets make sure they are looking for the right thing. Lets have a Norwich City "scout" at every football match thats played anywhere in Norfolk and Suffolk. Get the club to run training courses for coaches and lets have Norwich City Trainers attached to every club. We need to coach and scout for the club not the FA. We are not looking for players for England! Lets be parochial and make Norwich City our world.!

Bobert, please see Gazza''s post on this subject (under "Bash Everybody" thread).  He/she is under the definite impression that approaches have been made but have been deemed to be "not in the club''s best interests" . . . a phrase much used by Mr Chase when he didn''t want to sell up.

As far as "millionaires living in Norfolk" is concerned . . . Delia and Michael live in Suffolk, or so I understand.  Its a long time since we used to pull up the drawbridge over the Waveney every night . . .