Sign in to follow this  
Hannibal

NCFC at the Ashes

did anyone else stay up to watch the ashes last night? although it was just awfull and i think the best we can hope for now is a draw but did anyone else spot the NCFC England flag? pure class!

The Manchester Sports Cafe are staying open all night to show the Ashes games, so I''ll be down there Friday night/Saturday morning and will keep an eye out!OTBC!

[quote user="Huge Hairy Canary"]Yeah..... good old Notts County.
[/quote]

You''re rather attractive Hairy Canary.......any chance of us birds rustling feathers at some point?....[;)]

The NCFC flag was the "Y''Army" fanzine flag. Jon, the editor, is over there now keeping the green flag flying high.

22 men standing around being unfit.

how the hell can anyone class Cricket "sport"

Mind u i dont mind 1 day games! Especially if its close towards the last few innings and a team HAS to find runs to win.. that can be quite fun to watch.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

22 men standing around being unfit.

how the hell can anyone class Cricket "sport"

Mind u i dont mind 1 day games! Especially if its close towards the last few innings and a team HAS to find runs to win.. that can be quite fun to watch.

jas :)

[/quote]

"22 men standing around being unfit" . . . now what does that remind me of?

I''ve fallen asleep with the commentary on two nights running.  Still cling to the hope that we can somehow get a draw, which is all we need.  Unfortunately the one day game has destroyed the art of stonewalling.  Bell looks our best bet in that department, but can anyone stay with him?  Come on Freddie! 

There''s something special about lying in bed in the dark listening to it as it happens on the other side of the world.  When I was a kid remember getting under the covers with just my nose and one ear sticking out (it was winter, and before the days of central heating) listening to Muhammed Ali - or Cassius Clay as he still was - fight Sonny Liston and Henry Cooper (no, not in the same bout . . .).  Cooper put him on the deck, but I''m not sure to this day whether it was a dive.

I love sport . . .

[quote user="duke022"]did anyone else stay up to watch the ashes last night? although it was just awfull and i think the best we can hope for now is a draw but did anyone else spot the NCFC England flag? pure class![/quote]

If there are NCFC fans out there they must be the only people not surprised by a teams No Show!