Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

COME ON YOU YELLOWS

I know Sunday was extremely disappointing, but we have 5 home games and 3 very winnable away games at Wolves, Southampton and Sunderland before the new year. Let us not forget we have beaten Birmingham and West Brom away from home, if you have been supporting Norwich long enough, you will know that Carrow Road can be a menacing place for opposing teams, this season is a good example of that with only 8 points being dropped (2 against Colchester and 6 against Burnley and Crystal Palace).

Some of you are blaming Peter Grant but hes done extremely well with Worthingtons old squad so try not to judge him until after the transfer window in January, also there have been posts asking if Peter Grant is a better manager than Worthington , which I have to disagree with as Grant knew on Sunday Norwich were awful and publicly stated that, did Mr. Worthington ever do that, well yes but probably not as strongly as Grant did, on teletext the headline was ''Grant slates awful Norwich'' now pardon my ignorance but did Worthington ever do that? 

The point of this post is to let the games up to and around christmas unfold before dismissing promotion talk, you never know the board may even give Grant an extravagant budget to fuel Norwichs promotion hopes.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS

I think we can expect a bigger budget this January, Worthington had the money there but didnt want to make the wrong choice as the fans would get on his back even more so. So he signed Dublin....

We have at least £2m as we tried to sign the lad Cotterill which failed, so we do know there is money there and I believe that PG is the man to make the right moves in the window.

In years gone by, Christmas hasnt been the kindest of periods for us, but if we can put a run like we did last season, we''d be in the play offs no worries come the new year, we just have to believe, and back the team.

OTBC

I don''t want this to seem negative BUT, I don''t think by an stretch of the imagination you could class Wolves, Sunderland and Southampton away as winnable.  Southampton have spent more than £5 million on players this season and McCarthy has got Wolves playing better football than they have for years.  As for Sunderland, I seriously doubt that one shot in a game is going to win us a match a second time.

We beat Birmingham when they were already struggling, and, if you were a West Brom fan you''d probably be wondering how you they didn''t beat Norwich 7-0 or 8-0.

However, I think with the exception of Brum and WBA this division is very tight, and with a bit of luck we could be in the play-off''s at the end of the season.

Its all about what you call very winnable - of the three games mentioned Tahn had the worst home record.  Wolves and Soton have stronger home records than ours, rated as very good.   Sunderlands is worse than ours but better than ours.

Of the 4 games that Tahn one was the most winnable.    Yes these games are there to be won and in a weak league we SHOULD be able to win;  however we had a squad at the start of last season that should have got promotion but didnt.

This games should be nothing for us to fear.  If we can remain unbeaten at home over this period and lose no more than 5 of the 9 points away from home we will have done very well - however none of the away games are very winnable -  thats not being negative its assessing form and games as they are.

There is no reason why we cant go on a good run - the fans will remain behind the team, they need to start delivering to the ability they have and go on a good run, one that has been due since the start of last season.

Twas ever thus Zipper.....for the last 40 years at least we''ve won the hard ones and lost the winnable ones so losing to Ipswich and winning the other three is quite consistent.

The only year this didn''t apply was in the Prem when by rights we should have won somewhere like Anfield whilst losing at home to all those mediocre teams.

[quote user="Canary Lad"]

3 very winnable away games at Wolves, Southampton and Sunderland before the new year.[/quote]

We''ve got about as much chance of winning those 3 as Desert Orchid has of winning next years Gold Cup.

Three points from those would be a result but with our defence even that will be pushing it. L

Let''s face it, our  best defenders just lately have been called Post and Bar but unfortunately not all the teams can hit them as well as WBA did

[quote user="Canary Lad"]

I know Sunday was extremely disappointing, but we have 5 home games and 3 very winnable away games

[/quote]

Good start then !