Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Promotion? then get Delia out!.

Reading all these anti Delia posts, leads me to wondering who these supporters would like to front our Club in her place - Sheepshanks, Bates, Or lets bring back Chase, hey?  I have supported all things Norwich City for 5 decades, taking the rough with the smooth and this current attitude dumbfounds me. Worthy''s gone - so who''s next on the list? Doc, Hughes, Delia.  Roll on Saturday - it''ll be good to see the 24000 loyal fans again to remind me that they still exist!

You could well be right Wiz, but I think we should wait to see what happens in January, the board could open the pursestrings and pleasantly surprise us all.

We know there is minimum 2m to spend (based on the Cotterill bid), and I for one am glad that Worthington didn''t get to spend that on more dross, so lets wait and see if the board back up Grant as much finacially as they have with their words.

If it doesn''t happen, and we don''t significantly strengthen over Jan, then I will be right behind you, but as it stands I think you''re jumping the gun a bit.

[quote user="Jack Flash"]

Reading all these anti Delia posts, leads me to wondering who these supporters would like to front our Club in her place - Sheepshanks, Bates, Or lets bring back Chase, hey?  I have supported all things Norwich City for 5 decades, taking the rough with the smooth and this current attitude dumbfounds me. Worthy''s gone - so who''s next on the list? Doc, Hughes, Delia.  Roll on Saturday - it''ll be good to see the 24000 loyal fans again to remind me that they still exist!

[/quote]

And would you call this present time the rough or the smooth? Because I know what I think...

And I''ve heard people in the past slag Chase off for the reason, "He didn''t know a thing about football" - if that''s the case, why did we play some of the best football, if not THE best, in the club''s history during his tenure? He obviously knew his stuff and always appointed the right man for the job. Delia on the other hand - just what does she know?

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]

Once Delia has been driven out, I wonder who the next target will be? Some folks just want to have someone to hate- its a question of who the barrels will be turned on at any one time.

I am no great lover of Delia per se, but just because she hasn''t written off her own money in a  high risk venture doesn''t make her a bad chairman. In fact I would guess that most so called "benefactors" loan the money at low or no interest rather than just donate it.

Nor does her inexperience in playing the football mogul really worry me so long as its a public thing underscored by real ambition. Of course in business circles it is a well known tactic to get the party you negotiate against to underestimate you- maybe she is cultivating this image deliberately, generating a sleeping tiger. The outburst after the sherry was embarrassing but I do feel borne out of genuine passion- would you rather have a Sven type figure who just sat back and looked impassive?

I am not sure how any of us would have reacted being thrust again into the spotlight after promotion- a very different world from cookery shows and book signings. Some of the vitriol on this site suggest that emotions are not exactly held in sway at times of difficulty. Why should she be any different?

So while relegation is not what we wanted, and last season was a disaster, Delia showed loyalty to a manager which in some ways is to be commended (although I think it did go way too far) and something which the entire UK footballing press castigated Charlton for recently when they gave in to the knee jerk reaction. You may also be disappointed that we have PG and not a "name" manager. How many "name" managers actually applied or were spoken to? Initial signs of the PG regime are promising so its a bit rich to start attacking that as a bad decision when the guy has had two poor performances but got a depleted and under-confident squad to beat some of the leading teams in this division including away from home.

The stadium is also looking in fine fettle with 25,000 of us now able to watch regularly instead of the paltry 20,000 before the new stands were built.

Funds were made available from the club coffers for ashton and then earnshaw, Worthington had record amounts of money to spend and while much of it was recouped Delia cannot be blamed for Worthington not buying the right players.

I don''t know about the academy- it is odd to me why that isn''t producing any more. Maybe is the quality of the staff brought in by Worthington. Maybe something else. Doncaster has to look at that carefully as we cannot be reliant on purchases and loans to the exent we have been.

So, before you set in train something which will undoubtedly make the WO thing look like a vicar''s tea party, be very careful what you wish for and look at both sides of the story. You might find it a little more even than you think, if you want to be objective that is.

BTW, "you" here is not referring to anyone in particular as I have no idea under whose post this will appear, but it refers to this movement that seems to have sprung up.

[/quote]

A pertinent post Tumbleweed....but rather emotionally based in my humble opinion.

I don''t think anyone actually ''dislikes'' Delia Smith as a person.....but many of us can see the club going nowhere fast under her control.....the emphasis being very much on ''control'' here. A contrived overall majority situation cleverly engineered by DS has taken us back years in terms of progress....and a change is now vital if we are not to lose the plot completely as a viable football club.

Once again DS is being touted as the saviour of Norwich City Football Club....a well publicised myth. She was able to ''purchase'' the club and take control......but the two descriptions are not the same. To also suggest that those complaining about the situation should ''buy'' her out is clearly rather unrealistic....as many of us are supporters rather than multi-millionaire investors. Having said that....it remains actually US who own the club....NOT Delia Smith. Without her we would survive quite well....but without us she would fail. So WE own the club in all but bricks and mortar.

It''s all about opinions on here....and we are all entitled to a view. To suddenly accuse dissatisfied posters of ganging up on Delia Smith is to avoid the issue and again ''spin'' the matter against this moderate opinion. Yes many of us would choose a change of direction in the Boardroom at CR...but no, we are not reacting to just ''one'' result as cynically stated. It is based on 10 years of one step forward and two back on the pitch....underfunding in the team due to imposed prudence....too much emphasis on the Delia-isation of the club as a whole.....too much attention to off-the field investment.....and too much taking the supporter for a mug....I could go on.

It''s not reactionary knee-jerk Tumbleweed.....it is simply an ambition for something much better.

[quote user="Jack Flash"]

[/quote]

Her we go again......avoid the substance and claim to be the real supporter. I can match you over the same period JF....and if you think what we have now is anything like as good as 4 of those past 5 decades you have a very short memory.

Support is not about sitting on your hands and making spurious claims....it is about participation in change and a quest for ambition.....even if it hurts. No-one wants upheaval.....but fortune favours the brave....and I don''t see a lot of that at Carrow Road these days.

Whilst I do not agree with the "tone" of the post from 1st Wiz I can appreciate where he is coming from. I have nothing against Delia and MWJ and as I have said before I appreciate the time, money and effort they have put into the club, but lets not be seduced into believing that the money has been given to the club.

There are plenty of investors trying to buy English clubs because it is far too difficult to buy into Spanish and Italian clubs because of the way they are set up. Lets not fool ourselves into believing that without Delia we are doomed, Leicester City and Blackpool are two clubs that spring to mind in terms of clubs that are being purchased/have been purchased by rich investors, I would suggest neither club is more of an attractive proposition than Norwich City.

Personally I am prepared to wait to see what happens in January, we will see if the board are prepared to back "their man" with hard cash.......

Whilst I''m pleased with the replies, good and bad, I wish I could go much further with this. The ''Worthy Out'' web site did a greal deal, in my opinion to get him out, and I just wish I had the technical ability to start a SMITH OUT site. I feel  THAT strongly about this, I have met her on two occassions now, and I haven''t changed my opinion of her!.

If, as I suspect, cash will be limited in January, then I''m afraid the protest should start up again. It is vital Ms Smith and Mr Jones are removed from the club post haste. As has been said in a previous post on here, Norwich are an attractive proposition for a foreign investor ( not all are gun tooting Mafia style agents you know!) and if they have the financial clout and know what they are doing, then why the hell not?.

Many of you who have replied are far better than me at putting your thoughts into words, and I envy that skill of yours. It is also obvious to me that you all care deeply about City. PLEASE don''t let that drop, to progress, we have to drive the Smiths out, we will come through this, I just know it.

[quote]

Her we go again......avoid the substance and claim to be the real supporter. I can match you over the same period JF....and if you think what we have now is anything like as good as 4 of those past 5 decades you have a very short memory.

Support is not about sitting on your hands and making spurious claims....it is about participation in change and a quest for ambition.....even if it hurts. No-one wants upheaval.....but fortune favours the brave....and I don''t see a lot of that at Carrow Road these days.

[/quote]

They have just sacked the previous manager - does not that count as upheaval? There is no transfer window at the moment and they still managed to sign Luke Chadwick.

Talking of short memories didn''t we get promoted just two years ago? And the title of this thread is "Promotion? Then get Delia Out!"...

People are complaining Delia gives the impression that we are a small club..but to be honest half the time the only reason Norwich are mentioned in the press is because of the association with Delia. Otherwise we would barely get a mention.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

It is vital Ms Smith and Mr Jones are removed from the club post haste. As has been said in a previous post on here, Norwich are an attractive proposition for a foreign investor ( not all are gun tooting Mafia style agents you know!) and if they have the financial clout and know what they are doing, then why the hell not?.

[/quote]

Before you go saying that Delia and co should go, WHO do you think should buy her shares. To say you don''t know, but that she should still go, is NOT sufficient.

If you try and dislodge the board without a new team to take over, who will run the club? Who will allocate ANY transfer money to PG? What impact will it have on the playing staff? Did the takeovers at Aston Villa and West Ham have NO EFFECT on the team?

As you are so passionate about the club and only want the manager, half the team, and the board to go, why dont you put your money where your mouth is and buy the club? After all, with such a small number of staff left, you could probably pick it up for just a few quid in the January sales!

[quote user="One Flew Over..."]

[quote]

[/quote]

They have just sacked the previous manager - does not that count as upheaval? There is no transfer window at the moment and they still managed to sign Luke Chadwick.

Talking of short memories didn''t we get promoted just two years ago? And the title of this thread is "Promotion? Then get Delia Out!"...

People are complaining Delia gives the impression that we are a small club..but to be honest half the time the only reason Norwich are mentioned in the press is because of the association with Delia. Otherwise we would barely get a mention.

[/quote]

Sacking a manager is pretty much an every day event these days....but the way Delia Smith sacks a manager is a drawn out fiasco. Hamilton was ripped from her bosom is tears....and Worthington was allowed to dig a massive hole for his own burial. So no...sacking a manager like Worthington was a non event in upheaval terms.....but a circus by the way it was done.

Re promotion...we got promoted from the Second Division.....not a first for this club and no great height to scale. Upon promotion we got hammered and humiliated in the top flight followed by instant relegation....which was a first for this club. The manager and board showed a total lack of ambition and ability at this level.....and it has been downhill ever since. We are a small club now....because we have been made one.

As for Delia being our sole reason now for making the newspapers?....That just about says it all...........

[quote user="cluckaduck"][quote user="One Flew Over..."]

[quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sacking a manager is pretty much an every day event these days....but the way Delia Smith sacks a manager is a drawn out fiasco. Hamilton was ripped from her bosom is tears....and Worthington was allowed to dig a massive hole for his own burial. So no...sacking a manager like Worthington was a non event in upheaval terms.....but a circus by the way it was done.

Re promotion...we got promoted from the Second Division.....not a first for this club and no great height to scale. Upon promotion we got hammered and humiliated in the top flight followed by instant relegation....which was a first for this club. The manager and board showed a total lack of ambition and ability at this level.....and it has been downhill ever since. We are a small club now....because we have been made one.

As for Delia being our sole reason now for making the newspapers?....That just about says it all...........

[/quote]

Spot on cluck, especially the last bit . . .

I have two lifelong friends who work within the club, but I personally am not an insider.  There, straight answer my paranoid fellow poster....

[quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="JC"]

Jesus, paranoia or what!  I hope so much that you are jesting....

[quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="JC"]

The trouble with all this bile is that anyone with an ear to the ground knows that it is WYNN JONES who is calling the shots. 

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Lets face it, this arrogant woman is ruining our club.

It was her that held on for far too long in her naive support of her mate Nigel Worthington. It was her that brought an untried manager in to replace him, a manager who''s main talent seems to be rubbishing his own players in the media. And who can forget the national ridicule she brought us through her televised pitchside rant, and her constant ''little old Norwich'' jibes.

This lady also sacked Mike Walker so that she could bring in Hamilton and Rioch!, hell, she didn''t even want to accept Hamilton''s resignation after his appalling time in charge!. I''m tired of the Saint myth also, it was Mr Watling who saved this club, not her!. Okay, if you can afford it, her cafe is doing well................. but we still can''t beat the scum, can we?.

I have a dream that some big investor will force her out one day (if she cared about our club she would never have taken a controlling share of the boardroom in the first place!)  You pro Delia lot just wait when the money to fix up her mess isn''t forthcoming in January, then lets hear the ''Saint Delia'' chants then.

Again its my opinion, but Delia''s first real concern has always been Delia. She hasn''t given the club much, most of its been in repayable loans!. Don''t get fooled by her Z list celebrity status either, she has messed up at board level, and should walk away now. We don''t need her, there''s always someone else ready to jump in and take over. Someone who might actually know what they''re doing!.

If you think we''re going up, forget it, as long as we''re in mid table and her resturants doing well, she''s content................are you?.

[/quote][/quote]

So JC, you have your ear to the ground do you? 

I don''t know who you are, but imo you''ve seen which way the wind is blowing on here and you''re trying to put us off the scent.  For whatever reason.

If you know so much, do us a favour and tell us whether Hucks is going to get a new contract . . .

[/quote][/quote]

It''s "or what" actually JC.  Now please try and answer the question . . .

[/quote]

Forgive my innoce but I thought the accounts of NCFC have to be audited and subjected to approval at the club AGM.  I don''t recall anyone detailing where the alleged ''missing millions''  have gone.  Perehaps someone could give me an in-depth explanation rather than gossip and innuendo.

As hindsight is a wonderful thing I think we started going downhill from the mom ent we confirmed promotion at Sunderland.  But that doesn''t count for anything now.  But looking at the clubs that went up with us, have come down with us and those that followed it would seem that our current position is not unusual.  Football goes in cycles, clubs have success and then don''t.  That doesn''t stop the passion and diverging opinions expressed by fans and neither should it.  Whilst I can understand the sentiments behind the Delia out brigade I would be more inclined to listen if it was followed by.... and replaced by  Who?  When?  How?  A fans trust as Lincoln perhaps?

As I understand it the salient points of the current debate are: The club supported NW by allowing him a bigger transfer budget than other managers but conversley didn''t support him enough.  NW bought some crap players but if supported would have bought more and better ones.  Delia and Co saved the club, give us a national profile and have seen us promoted but are now wilfully overseeing the club decline into an average second division side, or worse.  The new manager has no managerial experience and critcises players whereas the previous incumbent failed to criticise any.  The previous manager was taking the club nowhere and the current, despite being involved in improving all the clubs he has coached at so far, will follow the same path.   Or have I missed something important along the way?

This "replaced by who" argument is putting the cart before the horse.  We need to send out smoke signals.  It''s also an argument that also undervalues our club.  There''s a touch of "who on earth would want to buy Norwich?".

I don''t see why a local business consortium wouldn''t consider it worth their while.  A vibrant football club with strong local support would be good for the wider business community. 

For all we know, there may have been enquiries from people who have been knocked back, even though they had money to put into the club.  All for the sake of absolute control.  If Delia and Co aren''t prepared to add bring new blood into the existing board under any circumstances, they are not acting in the club''s best interests and need to go.

[quote user="10Bryceland"]

Forgive my innoce but I thought the accounts of NCFC have to be audited and subjected to approval at the club AGM.  I don''t recall anyone detailing where the alleged ''missing millions''  have gone.  Perehaps someone could give me an in-depth explanation rather than gossip and innuendo.

As hindsight is a wonderful thing I think we started going downhill from the mom ent we confirmed promotion at Sunderland.  But that doesn''t count for anything now.  But looking at the clubs that went up with us, have come down with us and those that followed it would seem that our current position is not unusual.  Football goes in cycles, clubs have success and then don''t.  That doesn''t stop the passion and diverging opinions expressed by fans and neither should it.  Whilst I can understand the sentiments behind the Delia out brigade I would be more inclined to listen if it was followed by.... and replaced by  Who?  When?  How?  A fans trust as Lincoln perhaps?

As I understand it the salient points of the current debate are: The club supported NW by allowing him a bigger transfer budget than other managers but conversley didn''t support him enough.  NW bought some crap players but if supported would have bought more and better ones.  Delia and Co saved the club, give us a national profile and have seen us promoted but are now wilfully overseeing the club decline into an average second division side, or worse.  The new manager has no managerial experience and critcises players whereas the previous incumbent failed to criticise any.  The previous manager was taking the club nowhere and the current, despite being involved in improving all the clubs he has coached at so far, will follow the same path.   Or have I missed something important along the way?

[/quote]

That''s the point TommyB.  In the absence of real openness and approachability by the board we have to do our own detective work.  They''re only approachable when it suits them, ie. when it''s all "shiny happy people holding hands".  When the going gets a little bit difficult they pull up the drawbridge.

During the Chase era we had virtually nothing concrete to go on.  If we''d waited for hard evidence we''d have gone bankrupt.

From my posts elsewhere you will know that I am with SOB - wait until see what happens in Jan.   But Wizs post had me thinking - what is a reasonable amout to expect to be spent in Jan?  Both from a pro board stance,  Wiz and ors view point or many like mine somewhere in  the middle.

My concern is that over the last couple of years spending cash in Jan has proved difficult - and so even if cash is made available will we be able to spend on the type of players we want.

I am told (maybe, maybe not accurately) we have at least £2m to spend - if that is spent who will be happy, if not what is your limit?  And if we have that cash to spend but PG cant get to spend it (players not wanting to come,  only poor players to be released) how does that change things?

And is it ok to spend it on one player a la Earnie last Jan?

My view is I want to see at least 1 player in permanently and at least a couple on long term loan,  with any departures being replaced immediately - our squad is too small to shrink further.   If our spending hits around £1.5m of the budget then I will feel that PG is being backed. 

[quote]

[/quote]

Sacking a manager is only an every day event if you include every club in the country. Norwich do not sack managers at a high frequency.

"we got promoted from the Second Division....." - where are we meant to get promotion from?! From the Premiership to a European super league? We brought in some quality players in the premiership season - Ashton, Bentley, Helvig, Johnson, and I wouldn''t say we were humiliated except for the final day. We WON the Championship - an event as a supported I''ll never forget. Sure it would be nice to spend our way to winning something every year, but supporting a manager, increasing revenue, and taking a well timed gamble (in the year we went up) is even more satisfying.

Norwich (the city itself) is smaller than Ipswich, Colchester, Southend, and Luton - but still has an equal or higher profile as a club. I''d rather we got in the news for having a famous chef as a chairwoman than get in the news because the club is in financial disaster, or we have a sexist manager.

[quote user="ob1"]

She''s GIVEN us over 7 million. More than you. Now shut up, please, and stop embarrasing yourself.

[/quote]

Its not been GIVEN its a Directors Loan. A loan that can be recalled at any time under company law.

[quote]

[/quote]

Sacking a manager is only an every day event if you include every club in the country. Norwich do not sack managers at a high frequency.

"we got promoted from the Second Division....." - where are we meant to get promotion from?! From the Premiership to a European super league? We brought in some quality players in the premiership season - Ashton, Bentley, Helvig, Johnson, and I wouldn''t say we were humiliated except for the final day. We WON the Championship - an event as a supported I''ll never forget. Sure it would be nice to spend our way to winning something every year, but supporting a manager, increasing revenue, and taking a well timed gamble (in the year we went up) is even more satisfying.

Norwich (the city itself) is smaller than Ipswich, Colchester, Southend, and Luton - but still has an equal or higher profile as a club. I''d rather we got in the news for having a famous chef as a chairwoman than get in the news because the club is in financial disaster, or we have a sexist manager.

[/quote]

You missed the point completely. Cluck was saying that winning promotion from the second division is something we have done many times before - hardly a fantastic achievement to get all excited about or to credit Delia for...

Also, you want to be in the press because of a chef who bangs on about "little Norwich" and staggers onto the pitch pissed up moaning at the "best supporters in the world"? You don''t find it embarrassing? That''s your choice, and your view on things, but personally I''d love to see a bit of toughness introduced at Norwich and a bit of controversy. It''s no wonder this club has gone nowhere under DS....

[quote user="percyvarco"][quote user="ob1"]

She''s GIVEN us over 7 million. More than you. Now shut up, please, and stop embarrasing yourself.

[/quote]

Its not been GIVEN its a Directors Loan. A loan that can be recalled at any time under company law.

[/quote]

It''s a loan, but one which she has said, she does not expect to see back - mind you if she read some of this stuff, I wouldn''t blame her if she changed her mind!

It bugs me that so many people buy into the Saviour Delia fantasy. If Chase had not invested in the land etc around the ground Delia would have nothing to sell now. Without this land her money would have been nowhere near Carrow Road.

Its a smaller scale version of whats happening at West Ham, The Icelandic biscuit maker has "bought WHU", how many believe its because he wanted the underachieving East End mob. No its been bought for its assets, ie the land the pit of a stadium stands on. WHU will move to the Olympic stadium and all the cockneys can then buy new houses on Bobby Moore Way etc.

If Chases master plan had come to fruition we would now be watching NCFC at Colney in a new stadium on that massive bit of land we own there and it would not just have been the Clarence that was knocked down for houses.

It will not happen now as Carrow Road has recieved too much investment recently. Delia invested her money in a company that just happened to be a Football Club. She also has interests in other companies in exactly the same way.

its business and despite all that is said a reasonably sound investment. No football club has gone bust yet with shareholders loosing all their money.

[quote user="charlies dad"]Norwich is smaller than ipswich, colchester, luton ????????????? Dont think so.[/quote]

http://www.rce.org.uk/norwich.htm - we may have a larger catchment area in terms of fans, but probably less in terms of youth players.

I guess I have missed the point if winning the championship was "hardly a fantastic achievement to get all excited about." It was the highlight of supporting Norwich since the Bayern game for me. I credit the players, manager, and all those involved at the club for that year.

"We might have a drunken cook, at least it''s not a Russian crook" was one of the best chants I''ve heard.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

From my posts elsewhere you will know that I am with SOB - wait until see what happens in Jan.   But Wizs post had me thinking - what is a reasonable amout to expect to be spent in Jan?  Both from a pro board stance,  Wiz and ors view point or many like mine somewhere in  the middle.

My concern is that over the last couple of years spending cash in Jan has proved difficult - and so even if cash is made available will we be able to spend on the type of players we want.

I am told (maybe, maybe not accurately) we have at least £2m to spend - if that is spent who will be happy, if not what is your limit?  And if we have that cash to spend but PG cant get to spend it (players not wanting to come,  only poor players to be released) how does that change things?

And is it ok to spend it on one player a la Earnie last Jan?

My view is I want to see at least 1 player in permanently and at least a couple on long term loan,  with any departures being replaced immediately - our squad is too small to shrink further.   If our spending hits around £1.5m of the budget then I will feel that PG is being backed. 

[/quote]

Zipper:

I now see there will be no more loan players in this year, although many of our rivals are manageing to get players in!. I see this as a warning not to expect too much activity in January either. I also think you and others should prepare yourselves for Hucks and Ernie leaving in that month as well!. Its my opinion that there''s something rotten at the club, and who office its in we can only guess at.

As I''ve said elsewhere, I believe Grant knew the cash restraints when he took the job, he''s a ''yes man'' and nothing else. Its bloody Worthy all over again, with Delia pulling the strings like she did before.

[quote user="charlies dad"]Norwich is smaller than ipswich, colchester, luton ????????????? Dont think so.[/quote]

http://www.rce.org.uk/norwich.htm - we may have a larger catchment area in terms of fans, but probably less in terms of youth players.

I guess I have missed the point if winning the championship was "hardly a fantastic achievement to get all excited about." It was the highlight of supporting Norwich since the Bayern game for me. I credit the players, manager, and all those involved at the club for that year.

"We might have a drunken cook, at least it''s not a Russian crook" was one of the best chants I''ve heard.

[/quote]Illuminating website! The 123,000 approx is akin to ipswich, but doesnt include all the adjoining suburbs, which makes the figure approx 250,000 in the ''greater Norwich''  area. However, I do take the point about catchment areas, as ipswich luton and colchester can count ''greater london, as part of their catchment, and we can only claim the North sea! If we were just talking city boundaries of course, Norwich is considerably bigger than London. Unlike many other boroughs, the suburban areas prefer to remain ''villages''.    

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="Jack Flash"]

[/quote]

And would you call this present time the rough or the smooth? Because I know what I think...

And I''ve heard people in the past slag Chase off for the reason, "He didn''t know a thing about football" - if that''s the case, why did we play some of the best football, if not THE best, in the club''s history during his tenure? He obviously knew his stuff and always appointed the right man for the job. Delia on the other hand - just what does she know?

[/quote]

Alex my old sweetheart , you are a lovely old thing but , Chase knew nothing about football at all . he was a businessman, remember the fiasco over tickets for the  match against milan at carrow road ?  It was like putting Arkwright in charge of  a supermarket , Hi-hi -h-i up- gr-gr-granvill -a f-f-few bob t-t-to be  m-made here , gr-gr-grab a t-t-tin a b-b-beans and run .and thats what he did grabbed the money and ran .why we played the best football ever was because we had dave williams coaching us ,but of ..course Chase gave the team to Walker and that was the end of that .Walker rode on the back of williams team into europe. you don''t believe me well go and look at the acadamy side ,watch the one touch football ,ball played on the ground ,you will be amazed.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Delia smith has actually put very little money into the club...

If u want a decent and generous Benefactor than the Late great Geoffrey Watling... he loved this club more than anyone.. and the free cash gift he left to the club in his will is proof of that. May he rest in peace

jas :)

[/quote]

Jas my old  mate ,well said ,proud of you , see you at Fat Cat friday for a pint ?

[quote user="ray ducker"][quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="Jack Flash"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Alex my old sweetheart , you are a lovely old thing but , Chase knew nothing about football at all . he was a businessman, remember the fiasco over tickets for the  match against milan at carrow road ?  It was like putting Arkwright in charge of  a supermarket , Hi-hi -h-i up- gr-gr-granvill -a f-f-few bob t-t-to be  m-made here , gr-gr-grab a t-t-tin a b-b-beans and run .and thats what he did grabbed the money and ran .why we played the best football ever was because we had dave williams coaching us ,but of ..course Chase gave the team to Walker and that was the end of that .Walker rode on the back of williams team into europe. you don''t believe me well go and look at the acadamy side ,watch the one touch football ,ball played on the ground ,you will be amazed.

[/quote]

Geoffrey Watling....Arthur South.....Robert Chase. Say what you like....but they gave us great times and great teams to cheer on. Great players in abundance....League Cup wins.....FA Cup semis......3rd in the Premiership.......European football........

Delia Smith?....Bruce Rioch......Bryan Hamilton.....Nigel Worthington......Division Two title....instant relegation.....crap players.....20 million debt.......endless Bull****........

[;)] 

I think anybody hoping that there will be a lot of incomings in January are living in cloud cuckoo land.  The only way we will be buying anybody is with the sale of Ernie to fund it.  Norwich have never been a spending club and never will be .  Reading some of the postings on this site you would think that PG will have around 15 mill to spend with virtally every position needing to be catered for.  Dream on and lets look forward to another Championship season next year - you know deep down that that is the reality of the situation.

[quote user="NavMan"]

I think anybody hoping that there will be a lot of incomings in January are living in cloud cuckoo land. 

[/quote]

Exactly Nav Man!, I couldn''t have put it better. There are too many assumptions going on with City supporters lately. To bring in class players, Grant will have to sell class players, his pay masters would have told him that.

Its going to be a rough and tough January on here!.