Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Promotion? then get Delia out!.

1st Wiz said

I now see there will be no more loan players in this year, although many of our rivals are manageing to get players in!. I see this as a warning not to expect too much activity in January either. I also think you and others should prepare yourselves for Hucks and Ernie leaving in that month as well!. Its my opinion that there''s something rotten at the club, and who office its in we can only guess at.

As I''ve said elsewhere, I believe Grant knew the cash restraints when he took the job, he''s a ''yes man'' and nothing else. Its bloody Worthy all over again, with Delia pulling the strings like she did before.

Wiz - the next few months are crucial, if not quite critical. 

The bones of it are that the squad is too small but the addition of one or two key players will probably be enough to force our way into the play offs, due to a very mediocre league.   From a handicapped starting position this would be make it a  good season for PG.

The questions to be answered are does PG have the nous to identify and recruit those players, and do the board have the ambition to fund those players?  The next 10 weeks are crucial to the development of the club over the next 18 months.   Any lack of ambition from the club will correctly be seized upon, by myself included.  However if that means losing Earnie to strengthen the squad then so be it - just as no bopard member or manager is bigger than the club, nor is any one player - and if we can get £4m and strengthen the squad then so be it. But again it must be used for that purpose and not vanish into another apparent invisible hole.

Yes I can see the scenario where Earnie will leave either in Jan or the summer, and hux too maybe in the summer.   As I said in my earlier post and departures in Jan have to be immediately replaced,  and that goes equally for our stars as well as the not so popular players.

It is in the boards hands;  to allow nothing to improve during Jan brings unnecessary and avoidable pressure on the whole club and means a missed opportunity.   They are business aware enough to know what is needed and I am sure we will see the squad grow beyond just chadwicks permanent signing by the 12th Jan - to leave it any later will and MUST see the pressure grow on the board to take action. 

I will guarantee that the signing will not be universally popular and probably derided by most whoever it is (too old, too young, too cheap, too expensive,  wrong position,  too short, too small).

For that reason my verbal protests remain off until after the FA Cup game,  so that my support can push us into or close to the play off spots making us a more attractive proposition for any possible signings.  Naive - maybe,  but its how I see things at the moment.

its better to make assumptions wiz than bash everybody! many people are just going on what was said by delia about january and transfers, but then we all know how you feel about delai and everybody else that you hate cos its all you write isnt it wiz? have you ever posted something positive? i doubt it.

Wiz -  what would you take as a sign of ambition from the club in Jan?

Idiocy becomes the Wizard once again. You really have no idea about football do you Wiz? All these ridiculous statements, ideas about protesting, conspiracy theories etc etc. Do you actually study the game in any detail? Have you ever gone to an AGM and asked a question? Been to Colney enough times to understand the workings of a provincial football club like Norwich? Spent time talking to people who''ve been in the game for years? You will doubtless say ''yes'' just to prove a point but almost every post you write is such nonsense I simply couldn''t believe you. I''m sure this message board would be a duller place without your bi-polar rantings but stop trying to tell us what''s going on behind the scenes, ''cos you haven''t a clue.

Wizard et al

The situation is simple. If you think this club can be run better get out there and put a consortium together. Raise the funds and approach the board with your proposals. Let the rational shareholders deceide if your business ideas stack up and see if your investors will write you a cheque.

Delia put her money where her mouth is. She put that capital at risk and built a club on sound financial grounds. A viable business not some plaything for a bored oligarch. We came close after the ITV digital to seeing numerous clubs go to the wall including ours. The lessons were there, football must be run as a business. I would love to see us splash the cash and bring in a host of stars to get us up to the Premier and keep us there but I wouldn''t like to do that at the risk of the club going bust.

If anyone out there can do better they should put forward their serious proposals .....

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Wiz -  what would you take as a sign of ambition from the club in Jan?[/quote]

Zipper: Retaining the services of Earnshaw and Hucks, plus 2 or 3 ''quality'' signings, no more no less.

King Juan: I can''t be rat ar**d to argue your points mate, you''ve already made your mind up about me.

[quote user="King Juan of Spain"]    Really Wiz? Or is that because you don''t have any answers? In the same way you cried off your column on ''The Nest'' because you realised reasoned argument wasn''t quite your forte...
[/quote]

Firstly King Juan, the Nest owners know the real reasons I resigned my column on their excellent site, and thats between them and me. I don''t wish to argue with people who are intent on corrupting this thread with other seperate issues and won''t listen to reasoned debate, I mean, how have you managed to drag the Nest name into this thread about Delia?.

What bizzare motives are you on?.

[quote user="King Juan of Spain"]    Really Wiz? Or is that because you don''t have any answers? In the same way you cried off your column on ''The Nest'' because you realised reasoned argument wasn''t quite your forte...
[/quote]

Packing on a poster for speaking his mind is pretty cowardly stuff.....but then that is the way of life these days.

Everyone is entitled to a view....and not everybody thinks like the ''crowd''. Some of us are prepared to stick our heads up above the parapet and get shot at.....whereas others follow the crowd to hide.

Wiz speaks with passion and isn''t afraid to do so.......and it''s a pity there aren''t more free thinkers around to counteract the ''flock'' mentality.

[quote user="cluckaduck"]

Wiz speaks with passion and isn''t afraid to do so.......and it''s a pity there aren''t more free thinkers around to counteract the ''flock'' mentality.

[/quote]

Many many thanks for your kind words cluck, you reconise a kindred spirit, yes, however I''m quite use to some posters trying to ''cloud'' threads with his ''off subject'' tactics. 

No doubt you''ll be use to this treatment yourself. 

I''m asking a simple question to which I''m getting no answers. This message board is full of ''free thinkers''  who can''t cope with their ideas being questioned, and I think it''s only reasonable to ask where the knowledge comes from that someone like Wiz claims to have. Don''t get all defensive just because someone''s shaken up your cosy little party. Back to the point then - if Wiz can explain exactly what knowledge he has, as asked before, then that would qualify a lot of what he says. However, I see no attempt to do this, which makes his arguments entirely baseless.

[quote user="King Juan of Spain"]    I''m asking a simple question to which I''m getting no answers. This message board is full of ''free thinkers''  who can''t cope with their ideas being questioned, and I think it''s only reasonable to ask where the knowledge comes from that someone like Wiz claims to have.

Don''t get all defensive just because someone''s shaken up your cosy little party.

Back to the point then - if Wiz can explain exactly what knowledge he has, as asked before, then that would qualify a lot of what he says. However, I see no attempt to do this, which makes his arguments entirely baseless.

[/quote]

What a pathetic statement.....and what a pathetic nit picking standpoint.

You''re not a free thinker ''Princess'' Juan....you''re just one of the crowd who can''t face up to criticism of your own viewpoint.....so you pack on those who do. You have no other ideas than to maintain the ''safety first''  status quo position at CR.....thus avoiding all risk......and denying any prospect of taking this club forward to better things.

A ''cop out'' at best......a phobia of progress at worst. No wonder this shambolic board has had it so easy for so long. Lambs to the slaughter...........

Cheers Wiz - as I suspected we want exactly the same thing.  I guess the difficulty will be the definition of ''quality'' - in yours or the managers eyes [;)]   If we can keep that pair and the manager signs 2 or 3 new players then I think we will be moving in the right direction.

For those that criticise wiz for sharing his view, how about discussing the points he raises - look beyond the hyperbole and there is usually an issue that needs discussing - why should he respond to your questions if you can only attack him not his point?    Neither you, he nor I have a monopoly on having the right opinion,  but discussion, agreeing to disagree and attempting to explain your view point is what this board is all about.

Wiz thinks the board should go now,  I want to see what they do in Jan and other will hear nothing bad said against the board,  none of us is right.  Carry on discussing

If proof was ever needed, those at the Hull game today, know my thread title is correct. To Zipper and Cluck, thanks for your welcome support and wise words.

King Juan: After 50 years of active, match going support for City, I don''t need to justify my knowledge of the game to anyone, least of all your good self!.

[quote user="cluckaduck"]

[quote user="King Juan of Spain"]    I''m asking a simple question to which I''m getting no answers. This message board is full of ''free thinkers''  who can''t cope with their ideas being questioned, and I think it''s only reasonable to ask where the knowledge comes from that someone like Wiz claims to have. Don''t get all defensive just because someone''s shaken up your cosy little party. Back to the point then - if Wiz can explain exactly what knowledge he has, as asked before, then that would qualify a lot of what he says. However, I see no attempt to do this, which makes his arguments entirely baseless.

[/quote]

You''re not a free thinker ''Princess'' Juan....you''re just one of the crowd who can''t face up to criticism of your own viewpoint.....so you pack on those who do. You have no other ideas than to maintain the ''safety first''  status quo position at CR.....thus avoiding all risk......and denying any prospect of taking this club forward to better things.

A ''cop out'' at best......a phobia of progress at worst. No wonder this shambolic board has had it so easy for so long. Lambs to the slaughter...........

[/quote]Congratulations, your narcissism has made you miss the point entirely.

[quote user="King Juan of Spain"][quote user="cluckaduck"]

[quote user="King Juan of Spain"]    I''m asking a simple question to which I''m getting no answers. This message board is full of ''free thinkers''  who can''t cope with their ideas being questioned, and I think it''s only reasonable to ask where the knowledge comes from that someone like Wiz claims to have.

Don''t get all defensive just because someone''s shaken up your cosy little party.

Back to the point then - if Wiz can explain exactly what knowledge he has, as asked before, then that would qualify a lot of what he says. However, I see no attempt to do this, which makes his arguments entirely baseless.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Congratulations, your narcissism has made you miss the point entirely.
[/quote]

Great post ''Princess''....but reverse psychology doesn''t work with me......Nice try though.

At the end of the day, whether some posters like it or not, the results are doing my talking for me. We can''t beat Hull at home, find an excuse for that!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]At the end of the day, whether some posters like it or not, the results are doing my talking for me. We can''t beat Hull at home, find an excuse for that!.[/quote]

Don''t worry Wiz, the head in the sand types will simply agree with PG and brand the fans as failures and the reason we couldn''t beat Hull.

I seriously can''t believe some are sticking up for him with this. I despair at this club sometimes.

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

Norwich 1 Sunderland 0

Norwich 1 West Brom 0

Norwich 1 Cardiff 0

Norwich 1 Birmingham 0

Isn''t a bad start!

[/quote]

Couldn''t beat Port Vale?

Stoke 5 Norwich 0

Ipswich 3 Norwich 1

Sides we should be beating? Not having scored more than ONE goal in any game since he took over?

Wiz I agree that there needs to be big changes at NCFC both at playing level and at board level. For too long now this board has been holding us back, thinking back our only successful season with this board we actually took a gamble and signed Hucks, Mckenzie, Svennsson etc. Why won''t they just put a bit of money into the club I think we can afford £2m-3m maybe a bit more but if the board fail to invest in the squad in Jan, they must be got rid of, we simply have to spend money, come on Delia lets have a bit of ambition for once, if not get out of our club and take your puppets and yes men with you. 

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

Norwich 1 Sunderland 0

Norwich 1 West Brom 0

Norwich 1 Cardiff 0

Norwich 1 Birmingham 0

Isn''t a bad start!

[/quote]

Yes Tom....but did you actually see any of these games in the flesh?  If you did you wouldn''t be so proud of these very close scrapes with defeat.

On the whole we were **** and lucky to get away with one point instead of three. Scorelines can be very deceptive.....and these were certainly that.

[quote user="City Till I Die"]

Wiz I agree that there needs to be big changes at NCFC both at playing level and at board level. For too long now this board has been holding us back, thinking back our only successful season with this board we actually took a gamble and signed Hucks, Mckenzie, Svennsson etc. Why won''t they just put a bit of money into the club I think we can afford £2m-3m maybe a bit more but if the board fail to invest in the squad in Jan, they must be got rid of, we simply have to spend money, come on Delia lets have a bit of ambition for once, if not get out of our club and take your puppets and yes men with you. 

[/quote]

City Till I Die:

Hi mate, I must say you''ve hit the nail on the head again, I agree 100% with what you said, however, I''m dubious the money will be there come January, just a gut feeling!.

While I share these thoughts completely who the hell is going to come in and take it on? Any rich Russians or Icelanders hanging around Norwich right now?

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

Norwich 1 Sunderland 0

Norwich 1 West Brom 0

Norwich 1 Cardiff 0

Norwich 1 Birmingham 0

Isn''t a bad start!

[/quote] FILL IN THE GAPS PLEASE.

This is nonsense anyone who can''t see what a great job delia has done need their heads looking at! Besides which she''s not even the one who blody runs the club Roger Munby was chairman last time i checked!