Sign in to follow this  
dazzling canary

colin and hughes

Ive just about had enough of these two! sometimes i wish they could hear my scream from the stand....Jurgen colin never puts his foot in,hes not aggressive enough its easy to see why we are linked with Mills cos hes just not good enough! and as for Andy Hughes.............he winds me up big time so ive given him a new nickname of  "pass back" hughes cos everytime he gets the ball he passes it back either to the goalie or defence...why? cos he knows hes goona lose possesion if he goes forward...absoloutley hopeless... lets just hope some other club comes calling for him on loan or even buy him!!! cos im no longer giving him the benefit of the doubt! do you all agree...........? 

have u seen Jurghen Colin play this season?

he is vastly improved! gets stuck in, gets forward well and has improved in the air.... ur about 12 months too late in his bandwagon.

Dare i say it but he''s been an outsiode bet for Player of the season so far

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

he is vastly improved! gets stuck in, gets forward well and has improved in the air.... ur about 12 months too late in his bandwagon.

[/quote]

Totally agree Jas, Colin has been superb. I can''t see why he continues to get stick. He''s never been a bad player, even when he was struggling to adapt at the start of last season. For consistency, he''s probably been our best player this season and a definite POTS candidate if he maintains his form.

not only improved this season but has been noticely been making more runs forward since grant arrived aswell. was excellent against col u one of the bext games iv seen him play 4 us

colin has been one of the most improved players this season. In the Colchester game, he was my man of the match. no problem with him what so ever. He''s took his time, but finally we''ve got a replacement for eddie.

Not alot to say on Hughes though.. he does his best.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Cheers Jas, that saves me writing my answer. Colin is one of our best defenders this year, even Hughes had a good game recently (was it against Sunderland)

Hughes, i agree, however there was a player there 2 years ago at reading and i fear that the fans hear have ruined his confidence and that when he gets away from norwich he may well succeeed.

Colin, has as already said been perhaps the most improved player this year. Defenxively he is sound, his positioning has improved tremendously, even since the newcastle pre-season game when he was woeful. He''s good in the air and in the tackle. His problem is going forward, he jsut doesnt look confortable but you cannot have it all and i''m happy with Jurgen.

I think its down to a couple of things. Both players have improved since Worthington left. Hughes gives every ounce of his weight to the cause and is never ever going to stop trying and was another good player Vs QPR. Infact he outshone Robinson and at times Etuhu, not just for his workrate but for his passing - yes you are reading that correctly.

It was his one-two and run that lead for him to become provider for Dions goal. The goal itself was nothing spectacular but if you look at the ball into the box, it was simply genius. Time and time again you see players getting excited and firing the ball as hard as they can along the edge of the 6yrd box hoping that someone gets on the end of it. In this case he made out as if this was exactly his plan drawing the defence in towards the goal opening up the area around the penalty spot which is exactly where he calmly stroked the ball to for the lurking Dublin who had all the time in the world to pick his spot - hard to believe he had an easier goal to score in his career.

Now as with other players what we havent seen is good stuff on a consistant basis but considering that Etuhu, Colin and Shackell have already raised their game for PG I wonder if some other members of the sqd are catching up now?

Bad players - for me Robinson has ability but seems to be struggling, Thorne seems to be out of his depth and Fleming unfortunately seems to be past it now.

Good Post there Chicken, I agree with you and others that Colin has improved since Grant has been here - I think he has given Colin plenty of encouragement to go forward on overlaps etc. and will continue to impress this upon him. Under Worthy once he got over the half way line he seemed totally confused as to what to do with the ball and nothing resulted. If we can improve both his overlap play and also that of Drury''s then this will add another aspect to our game. Once they both get down the wing they have got to deliver the end product.

As for Andy Hughes, I have said in an initial Post the other day that he did well when he played in Colin''s position saturday and believe the guy deserves a break (some fans seem to be doing this already). Yes his commitment is first class, a lot better than some of the others at times, and hopefully it is not too late for us to see what sort of player he really is. The pass for the goal at QPR for instance was excellent.  [:D]