Sign in to follow this  
allways travelling

Still no loans

I did hear Steve Tilson say today that he''d been trying to get loans too, without success.  Said he thought clubs were reluctant to let players out because of the general downsizing of squads.

Might not be down to money for a change.  But it goes to show that we need a bigger squad if we can''t rely on loans as in the past.

[quote user="allways travelling"]When is it going to happen with our injury ravaged squad hope its not down to money.[/quote]

Well, today Carlton Cole and Christian Dailly have been linked to Norwich (Daily Express). You have to remember, this is not Championship Manager, lots of managers have player injuries and need their reserves to cover so it is hard to get players on loan.

Tommy Miller has been placed on the loan list so we could have a look at him

P.S. What is the loan list/Transfer List? Is it an actually List, or is it on a website or like a managers newsletter etc etc?

PG reckons his phone is red hot, but can''t get the players he''s targetted.  worthy in the summer, identified loads of summer transfer targets, reckoned his phone was always on - result - we''ve signed crofty, worthy got loads of loans over the years, dicko & robbo came here this time last year.  there''s always players to be had.  dave jones didn''t have a prob signing quality bargains in the summer - we signed 1 player.  since then we signed dion, and 2 goalies - no disrespect to camp, but why is he still here - can''t we send him back?with no parachute payments for next year - lets all face it, our scope for signing players on 3 years deals is very limited - PG will likely have to jetison some high earners - or cash in on earnie, doubt we can afford his wages or ambition next year unless we go up.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]PG reckons his phone is red hot, but can''t get the players he''s targetted.  worthy in the summer, identified loads of summer transfer targets, reckoned his phone was always on - result - we''ve signed crofty, worthy got loads of loans over the years, dicko & robbo came here this time last year.  there''s always players to be had.  dave jones didn''t have a prob signing quality bargains in the summer - we signed 1 player.  since then we signed dion, and 2 goalies - no disrespect to camp, but why is he still here - can''t we send him back?

with no parachute payments for next year - lets all face it, our scope for signing players on 3 years deals is very limited - PG will likely have to jetison some high earners - or cash in on earnie, doubt we can afford his wages or ambition next year unless we go up.
[/quote]

Why is Camp still here?  Because Joe Lewis is not ready to step in if Gallagher gets injured, and he''s on a season-long deal so we can''t send him back just like that.  I haven''t seen him play so can''t comment on whether he fits the bill or not.  I thought we got Ashdown in because Camp was injured, and I don''t understand why he is still here if Camp is fit again.  Given the yawning gaps elsewhere in the squad and our limited budget, I fail to see why competition for Gallagher (if that''s what it is) seems to be so high on the list of priorities.

[quote user="mystic megson"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]PG reckons his phone is red hot, but can''t get the players he''s targetted.  worthy in the summer, identified loads of summer transfer targets, reckoned his phone was always on - result - we''ve signed crofty, worthy got loads of loans over the years, dicko & robbo came here this time last year.  there''s always players to be had.  dave jones didn''t have a prob signing quality bargains in the summer - we signed 1 player.  since then we signed dion, and 2 goalies - no disrespect to camp, but why is he still here - can''t we send him back?

with no parachute payments for next year - lets all face it, our scope for signing players on 3 years deals is very limited - PG will likely have to jetison some high earners - or cash in on earnie, doubt we can afford his wages or ambition next year unless we go up.
[/quote]

Why is Camp still here?  Because Joe Lewis is not ready to step in if Gallagher gets injured, and he''s on a season-long deal so we can''t send him back just like that.  I haven''t seen him play so can''t comment on whether he fits the bill or not.  I thought we got Ashdown in because Camp was injured, and I don''t understand why he is still here if Camp is fit again.  Given the yawning gaps elsewhere in the squad and our limited budget, I fail to see why competition for Gallagher (if that''s what it is) seems to be so high on the list of priorities.

[/quote]

i thought Camp was on a 3 month loan deal???, didnt we sign him after the window closed?, in which case there is no way its a season long deal.

[quote user="mystic megson"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]PG reckons his phone is red hot, but can''t get the players he''s targetted.  worthy in the summer, identified loads of summer transfer targets, reckoned his phone was always on - result - we''ve signed crofty, worthy got loads of loans over the years, dicko & robbo came here this time last year.  there''s always players to be had.  dave jones didn''t have a prob signing quality bargains in the summer - we signed 1 player.  since then we signed dion, and 2 goalies - no disrespect to camp, but why is he still here - can''t we send him back?with no parachute payments for next year - lets all face it, our scope for signing players on 3 years deals is very limited - PG will likely have to jetison some high earners - or cash in on earnie, doubt we can afford his wages or ambition next year unless we go up. [/quote]

[/quote]i really can''t understand why managers are so paranoid about having oodles of cover for their keepers - most second and third choice keepers bench warm the whole season anyway.  if the first choice gets injured, and the second choice plays, why get a third choice in on loan - we all know that emergency loans for keepers is the easiest loan to get - when has a youth team keeper ever played unless by choice?  with our paper thin squad, its crazy for us to have 3 keepers, and no suitable  partner  for earnie, or a  right wing option other than croft. worthy had 3 keepers in the prem, and no options up front - employing the doc as a utility striker.do they do coaching badges in common sense?

The first thing PG, Dennis Wise and Brian Laws have done when starting their new jobs is to immediately loan in a Goalkeeper.

Maybe it''s something they''ve started teaching down at coaching/management school... [8-|]

There are no loans of playing staff immediately forthcoming........Until the cladding on the 1* B & B Hotel?............''thingy'' - is paid for, and the new dishwashers are installed in the ''restyrunt'' kitchens....allegedly.

Oh, and there are a million and other ''in house'' things to be sorted - in the Carrow Construction & Culinary Corporate Stadium, before the minor side issue of football is addressed.......apparently......

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

There are no loans of playing staff immediately forthcoming........Until the cladding on the 1* B & B Hotel?............''thingy'' - is paid for, and the new dishwashers are installed in the ''restyrunt'' kitchens....allegedly.

Oh, and there are a million and other ''in house'' things to be sorted - in the Carrow Construction & Culinary Corporate Stadium, before the minor side issue of football is addressed.......apparently......

[/quote]

Probably as near to the truth as you could get Mello.......

Maybe it''s as simple as itcan be - there''s no money for any quality loan signings (ie better than what we already have)OK, we might get someone in to cover Croft later today or early tomorrow (Chadwick possibly) but perhaps the reason we''re ot seeing Premiership quality is that the money''s all gone after paying NW off.