Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Jem

No noise from the tractor boys

I got invited to ipswich yesterday and was staggered by how bad their support is. There they are playing a must win game if their play off chances are to be sustained and the crowd were quiet as churchmice. I know that it is not all about the noise the supporters make but I think that our support has helped the team to some results which might not have been achieved without it (EG Derby, Reading, Sheff Utd, Ipswich).

When you hear the support at Carrow Road it makes you proud to be a Canary and listening to the whinging bin men made me realise, if ever I needed reminding, how good our supporters are.

I always have a listen to Radio Suffolk on Monday mornings - their arrogant self bias just amazes me.

And on Mondays they have their fan on the phone commenting on the weekends game.

I''ll have you know that according to him, yesterdays support was just amazing - they got right behind their team.

And by the way, Joe says they''re still the best team in the division.

The best singing at PR yesterday came from the Baggies after they scored their second goal. It went something like this: ''Up with the Norwich...we''re going up with the Norwich...''!
That must have sounded almost as good as ''Top of the League at Portman Road''!!! Happy days - and hopefully more to come.

Did any of you go to the derby game at their place? I know exactly what you guys are on about, it was completely silent even before McKenzie whacked 2 past em. We were making all of the noise, and if you listened or saw any of the game on the radio or the box, the Norwich fans were all that you could hear. Im only 15, but an avid Norwich supporter. Unfortunately, I live in the unspoken place, and you can imagine the kinda stick that I receive at school. So spare a thought. By the way, completely with you on the Radio Suffolk and Joe Royle points, but what do they know? They''ll still be nationwide, they''ll still be nationwide!
Eh, hem, Huckerby Man of the Match on Sat.

kathy,
I have to be honest and say I went to Ipswich yesterday,got some tickets from a friend at WBA so sat with their supporters.Didnt hear any songs about Norwich from the Ipswich fans,who were very quiet but was so proud when the noisy West Brom fans sang ''we''re going up with the Norwich,up with the Norwich,we''re going up with the Norwich''.They sang it several times and I sat there thinking thats my team and yes we are going up.Sometimes I think I''m dreaming and then songs like that make me realise its fact we are top,we will stay top and yes ''we''re going up with the Bromwich,up with the Bromwich we''re going up with the Bromwich''
Ok singing over,did enjoy the game and when it was 2-2 seemed like a fair result and then Horsfield popped up with his late goal which I thought looked offside,typical Albion goal in extra time but thats football for you.
Forgive me everyone for being at Portman Road,promise not to do it again.

Just read on the EADT web site that Royle thought the support was the best it had been all season- imagine what it must have been like before