Sign in to follow this  
Shack Attack

Ashley Cole

I appreciate that this has got nothing to do with NCFC, but I feel the need to let off some steam.

Is there’s another person who better represents what is wrong with English football today, I can’t think of them.

It’s not enough that we have to tolerate the whole tawdry courtship between him and his wife, culminating in such a hideously tacky wedding which in turn made them yet more money they did not need.

It’s not even enough that we have to hear his self pitying life story, complaining about how Arsenal "hung him out to dry". How dare they expect him to honour a contract he had signed of his own free will, surely he should be able to leave at the first sign of another club offering him a few more quid.

No, he just had to go a step further. I’m no fan of Graham Poll, in fact I think he’s a pompous fool who seems to think that everybody turns up to a football match to watch him, but Cole’s response to his refereeing on Sunday has been pathetic. If a referee tells you to get back 10 yards you do it, you don’t ask him why and then bleat when he replies "because I said so". Why do you think the ref owes you an explanation Ashley, it’s his job to referee the game not yours. Just do as you’re told, show them a tiny bit of respect and perhaps they’ll stop treating you like the spoilt, ignorant, jumped up little primadona you are!

Rant over.

[quote user="mbncfc"]

I whole heartedly agree with every word.

Well put. [B]

[/quote]Here here, what amazes me is i really think he believes half the stuff he states.

[quote user="KidCanary"][quote user="mbncfc"]

I whole heartedly agree with every word.

Well put. [B]

[/quote]

Here here, what amazes me is i really think he believes half the stuff he states.
[/quote]

I almost launched into a passionate defence of myself, but then realised that you were agreeing with me and commenting on Mr Cole himself. It''s funny how paranoid you can end up being on this board, and defensive of your own opinions and posts.

KC, I feel I should apologise for my ''thought-crime''. Guilt complex indeed... [:$]

So yeah, Ashley Cole... what a W******....

For me, Ashley Cole is quickly becoming one of the worst characters in football, and every time he opens his mouth it gets worse and worse and worse. A true example of a talented young footballer who''s been cossetted away in a bubble from the time he was old enough to sign a pro-contract and has no concept of the real world. It will be interesting to see how he copes with normal life once football has finished.

i like him!

best left back in the world!   so what if he argues with the ref, he gets punished for it anyway so why complain! its not like his the first, refs get it wrong 9 times out of 10 so they have evry right to challenge the ref

his got a fit wife as well!

A friend of mine is the head of sports at a national newspaper who spoke to Poll after the game - Poll told him what Cole had said when he ran past and when asked why he didn''t send him off said that he didn''t need the grief he would get from Murinho and others at Chelsea!  Absolute proof that the big teams manage to get what they want.

[quote user="essexcanary"]

i like him!

best left back in the world!   so what if he argues with the ref, he gets punished for it anyway so why complain! its not like his the first, refs get it wrong 9 times out of 10 so they have evry right to challenge the ref

[/quote]

It''s not just the arguing with the ref, as I said that was just the latest thing that''s annoyed me about him. If you really believe that refs get it wrong 9 times out of 10 I suggest you enrol on a course so that we can all benefit from your superior knowledge of the rules of the game!

Whoever mentioned Rio Ferdinand as well, I quite agree. Call me unpatriotic but it''s getting to the point where I almost want England to lose because I can''t stand most of the players!

I could not agree more.

Sadly the game is now run by and for a handful of overpaid, overprotected,overhyped, unintelligent, money-grabbing, headline-grabbing fools.(Did i miss anything[:)])

Where were all our so-called superstars when it came to the World Cup when we needed them to perform most? I think they are now all so overhyped that we have been led to believe that they are better players than they really are.

Incidentally, at the Chelsea-Aston Villa match the other night, the Villa fans were singing " Have you won the European Cup?" closely followed by "Where was Frank in Germany?"[:)] Humour in the stands still lives in the Premier League!

Cashly Coles a Tw*t of the highest order! Pride comes before a fall u overated, overpaid jumped up little fart Cole!

jas :)

[quote user="essexcanary"]

[/quote]Ahh, essexcanary lives up to his name.After all, having a fit wife is what being a successful footballer is all about.