Sign in to follow this  
XXL16

Promoted teams

Look at Charlton, Bolton and Manchester City, all had the same were they was first relegated once in the Premiership and after they promoted again, then they turned to a much better, strong and solid team. To be honest I will see West Brom doing that in next season.

It''s not an open secret if we promoted next season, even we had enough money to buy enough good players, it wouldn''t mean we would have get the 13 wins (40 points) so easily. It was a different league for sure compared with 1st division and the Premiership; when you look at the goal we scored at Burnley, 2 of our goals scored were the mistakes made by the opposition, which was not usually happen in the Premiership.

I was also wondering would Huckerby had given enough space to run down the left next season, since every right-back will block his route to the goalline and allow him to come inside, but I think Darren know that and with his ability, he know how to due with the situation.

Most importantly I can watch my favourite team to play on TV (ESPN) LIVE and possibly every of my friend in Hong Kong will see how strong the team spirit Norwich have

XXL16 I agree that its going to betough, but if you look at the teams who have succeeded in consolidation they are often the ones who try to play footbal rather than the kick and rush bluster of some Div 1 sides. I believe that actually there is space to be had in the Prem, I have seen some Prem games this season and I thought that the pace was actually slower than Div 1 matches. The ket difference is control and change of tempo- look at Aresnal and they can play the ball around a lot (like we can sometimes) but then when they see the opportunity their change of pace, vision and formation suddenly moves forward like a well oiled machine. That is what is going to give us the problems.

I think Hux, Leon and Matt will do well if we get promoted, but its the defence which has the toughest job to do against some of the best forwards and creative midfielders in Europe. And gary Holt can''t stop them all by himself.

I agree that whilst hucks and leon may be up to the premier league it is our defence which will suffer the most. Fair play to the players at the back they''re doing a fantastic job this season, but the creativity of the premier league will be a real test.

However, I''m not really worrying about that yet, rather it is another 3 points on Friday that is my primary concern.

fly away canaries!

Firstly we have to get into the prem ! , its not a foregone conclusion yet ............., but if we do then the last thing Worthy should do is go on a panic buying spree for , so called , prem players ........ there be dragons ........ check out the situation at Man city , Keegan has practically bankrupted that club [ near 60 mil quid ! ] buying dud "prem" players , and where has all this got them ? , yep ! , sitting atop the relegation zone .... always keep that in mind when you think buying "prem " is the answer ! ........... some people say that Hucks was being modest when he said its all down to teamwork....... well , he wasn`t being modest , he was saying it as it is ! Keegan seems to have no idea of this basic fact ... and his " team" are going belly up because of it ! but I`m sure Worthinton is too canny to go down that route ..... I recall Wimbledon under the management of Kinnaire , what a TEAM that was !

It will be tough but just to be there will be great - so fingers crossed for no 11th hour mishaps.

It''ll be great for you XXL16 that you''ll get to see some live matches on TV.

The interesting thing looking at the Prem this season is how close it is from 4th down -
25 points separate 1st from 4th, and 25 points separate 4th from 20th!

In terms of relegation, assuming Wolves are gone, its still any 2 from 6.

I can''t see this changing much next season - Arsenal, Utd and Chelsea will continue to dominate - and if Liverpool and/or Newcastle get their act together it will further compact the bottom two thirds of the league.

This gives us some hope - and I can''t see, that with the right additions to the squad, that we can''t give it a damn good go.