Sign in to follow this  
ca

Luke Chadwick anyone?

Looks like Chadwick is on the way then.

The former Manchester United man played and scored against the Canaries a fortnight ago and would fill the void left down the right by the absence of Lee Croft, who has an ankle injury and while the 25-year-old would come to Norwich on a loan deal, it is understood that Grant is keen to sign him on a permanent basis in January. The deal was close to being sealed last week, but Stoke boss Tony Pulis was reluctant to let Chadwick, right, go until he had found a replacement.

What are your thoughts?

Great news, I hope it all comes off. If so, well done P.G.Chadwick knew P.G. earlier so the manager should know how to get the best out of the player.Chadwick is, if I under stand it, is a wide right/midfielder, who should complement Crofty, as well as being able to fill in if Crofty is injured or off form. He will also be a better player than any of the the others we have pressed to play wide right, especially Robinson.Chadwick can score goals, as we discovered a week or so back! So Chadwick should strengthen the midfield, and while he may not be as good as Graveson or Koumas at the week-end, he will certainly add.With Dickson and Chadwick to add goals to those by Ernie, we are getting there. With the talk of Pullis needing a replacement before letting him go on loan, the suggestion is that there could be a view to purchase?

[quote user="Salopian"]Great news, I hope it all comes off. If so, well done P.G.
the suggestion is that there could be a view to purchase?
[/quote]

Yeah - the wording seemed to hint that

Don''t I look the fool Angel?, after I said we''ll sign no one on loan, it would appear that I was wrong, although no one has actually signed yet, have they?. [;)]

For me it would be a cracking signing and proof that Granty has started to put his mark on our thin squad.

Great signing, if it comes off we''ll have Hucks, McVeigh, Crofty (when fit again) and Chadwick able to play as wingers.  4 quality players (when Macca can be bothered) who will create competition for places as well as sufficient back-up in case on gets injured (again).  This signing is what squad-building is all about and I reckon January might show up how poor Worthy was in the transfer market...

I know Chadwick has worked with PG in the past, but why all of a sudden does he want to come to us ?  I gather the club/NW showed interest in the summer but Stoke were unwilling to let him go. 

Looking back at Stoke''s last 3 games, Chadwick is still a regular in the side (albeit subbed mid way through the second half in each of these games), so I''m rather perplexed as to why we should suddenly be able to land him.  Has he fallen out with Tony Pulis, or is he off form ?

Okay, I''d like to think that Norwich are a draw to most Championship players, but not so long ago, we couldn''t get players in for love nor money.

Having said that, I''m not complaining, and I welcome more depth to the squad.  Especially when it is players of his quality.

Shame Mr Eastwood will be out of our reach now ...

[quote user="Mark Barham Appreciation Society"]

I know Chadwick has worked with PG in the past, but why all of a sudden does he want to come to us ?  I gather the club/NW showed interest in the summer but Stoke were unwilling to let him go. 

Looking back at Stoke''s last 3 games, Chadwick is still a regular in the side (albeit subbed mid way through the second half in each of these games), so I''m rather perplexed as to why we should suddenly be able to land him.  Has he fallen out with Tony Pulis, or is he off form ?

Okay, I''d like to think that Norwich are a draw to most Championship players, but not so long ago, we couldn''t get players in for love nor money.

Having said that, I''m not complaining, and I welcome more depth to the squad.  Especially when it is players of his quality.

Shame Mr Eastwood will be out of our reach now ...

[/quote]

I think Chadwick was born in Cambridge and that his folks still live in the region so maybe that has something to do with it.

It sounds, from quotes, that he really wants to come here and that desire to move on is grinding the cogs into action. If a player wants to leave, these days, there''s not much a club can do about it - not constructively keeping the player-wise anyway.

If we add a central midfielder, a centre back and a striker to this signing (providing all goes well - fingers X!), the season Post-January could be quite exciting...

As I said in a thread last week, this would be an excellent - and just as importantly - exciting signing. It will give us an extra lift and extra momentum. Squad competition. And he''s a player we know can rip sides apart - as he did it to us 4 games ago!

Knowing his background I''ve always found him slightly disappointing, at least on his trips to Norwich

with Burnley. But i''ve obviously not seen him at his best - e.g. Stoke

the other week? How was he that day? I know he scored but can he take

players on and and deliver a decent cross as well? Those are the key attributes

a winger needs. We''ve got it on the left with hucks but rarely have we

had it on the right since Neil Adams. Until we signed Croft of course.

Rivers couldn''t cross, Henderson can''t take players on and McVeigh can

only seem to do one at a time!

Some quotes from Stoke fans bitter at losing him (before being slated by other Stoke fans):

Perhaps now we can find someone who can run to the line put a decent cross in like a real winger should and last 90 minutes.

---------------

No he didn’t miss a pen he passed the ball kindly to your keeper. That penalty is the worst penalty I have ever seen taken.

And I could count on the hand of a 1 fingered man the amount of decent crosses he put in.

Get the ball cut inside and run into a defender is his usual bag of tricks.

--------------

he made Paul Maguire look like a ''solid reliable professional'' during his time with us

lots of talent BUT -you simply couldnt rely upon him though - I would have expected, a slightly better fee but then, if his wife rules his life and carreer - we are better of without him.

yep - I''ll always give my thanks where its due - as far as Im concerned, this guy can get knotted ! - HOMESICK PANSY

--------------

Being serious for a moment. I would be interested to see just how many games "sick note" as i like to refer to him, actually completed 90 minutes.

I can remember one game this season where to be fair to him he lasted the full 90 (and game), this despite playing on with a dislocated shoulder (albeit we had no subs left to replace him with).

I can also recall one game last season where he actually lasted the 90 but then got subbed during Injury time..... I used to think he had to catch the 5.00 train back home.

Most of them seem gutted to be losing him, before then slating him for moving because his wife said so and wondering who wears the trousers in his marriage.

seems a win, win, if he''s here just on loan and works well as cover than add him on board to the depth of wingers, if his attitude stinks send him back. He could turn out like huckerby someone with previous attitude questions whose desperate to find a home and keen to prove a point. Look forward to welcoming mr chadwick and hope the young children of carrow road can don''t have too many nightmares by his appearance.

Chadwick explained: "This hasn''t got anything to do with football, it''s for personal family reasons.

"My wife and children moved back to Cambridge at the end of last season and I''ve got to say it''s been a struggle for me doing all the travelling.

"The little boy was crying every time I went away for a couple of days and it was getting too much.

"I''ve been leaving the house at 5.45 in the morning and it takes anything up to three hours to get into the club.

"The lack of sleep has been affecting my performances, but also the travelling has given me a stiff back and doesn''t make training easy.

"The situation was such that I''d have been prepared to play in the lower divisions if needs be to be nearer my family."

Never really rated him that much - has always seemed a bit of journeyman moving from club to club on loan thinking he was better than he was. But time will tell. A settled player is always good news and if he plays well he could be here for some years.

Seems like a decent loan signing, if it goes through. If family problems have impacted on his performances, the loan will give him a chance to prove himself with these issues out of the way. I hope he does, because he seemed to have genuine talent. And let''s face it, our squad isn''t exactly blessed with creative attacking players, so the more the merrier.

He actually still lives in village just outside of Cambridge and commutes to Stoke.  I know for a fact he has been looking to move to club closer to home since he left West Ham.

Ooo, goody! Now we have 2 right wingers who can''t last 90 mins. Sorry to appear cynical, I sincerely hope this doesn''t develop into a problem.

Five threads  about  Chadwick  !    why ?  just ....... why ?

Mixed revues on Chadwick ,  been reading the Stoke  message boards , doesn`t seem to have great stamina ,  also a bit injury prone  .....  great !    still , the deals done  , up to him to do the business , got six or so weeks to make his mark ,  by all accounts he`s a strong family man , nothing wrong with that ,   if he shapes up  , maybe  he can bring his family  closer  to the club ?

PG saw chadders at close quarters while at west ham, he must know what the lad can do - if his performances have been less becuase of excessive travelling, then PG would know this.  i hope his does the biz for us.