Sign in to follow this  
Kathy

Fish

[quote user="Troy Tempest"]

Holy mackerel!

Town fans are taking fish to Portman Road.......what a shame they can''t fillet!

[/quote]

I love that one!

Ipswich done up like kippers as Norwich run riot.Ipswich perch on the edge the abyss after they flounder at home to Norwich.

Earnie fillets Piswich defence

Huckerby skated round the left back, leaving him floundering in his hake. He plaiced the ball perfectly for Earnshaw, who eelsily evaded his sharker and made the net bulge.

"It''s salmon home, it''s salmon home" sang the away fans, who were packed into Poorman Road like sardines.

Kathy originally wrote

I heard on the radio this morning that Peter Grant has a phobia about all things fish. Eating it, smeeling it, even seeing it. I thought at first that it was a cue for a corny joke Radio Broadland style, but apparently its true and the binners have picked up on this. The Evening Star  have apparently started a campaign for them to bring fish on Sunday to distract him. What should we do about this rather bizarre situation?

I have thought about your original post and how to deal with this menace Kathy. There is a black seabird which would quicly gobble up all those fish that we could take to the game with us, basically Kathy, we need a Shag.

[quote user="Troy Tempest"]

Kathy originally wrote

I heard on the radio this morning that Peter Grant has a phobia about all things fish. Eating it, smeeling it, even seeing it. I thought at first that it was a cue for a corny joke Radio Broadland style, but apparently its true and the binners have picked up on this. The Evening Star  have apparently started a campaign for them to bring fish on Sunday to distract him. What should we do about this rather bizarre situation?

I have thought about your original post and how to deal with this menace Kathy. There is a black seabird which would quicly gobble up all those fish that we could take to the game with us, basically Kathy, we need a Shag.

[/quote]

Offended? Thats the best offer I''ve had for years!

Im not sure how old you are Kathy, but I''m 46 and have found out that the older I get the less baggage there is to having a bit of banter....basically, as the bits start to drop and fall off you end up having a laugh about yourself. I suspect many of the wide eyed PC brigade on here are young. If they are older then I feel sorry they are so set in their ways.

Thought this was all dead and buried but apparently not, Ipswich fans are still going ahead with this fish thing. Although their fans are as divided over it as our worthy debarcle!"Come Sunday''s late morning kick-off, expect to see hundreds - perhaps thousands - of large home-made fish cut-outs, downloaded from fans'' site TWTD. After Grant''s semi-denial today they have even added a shark cut-out just in case that is the real root of his fear, and therefore helps their team''s cause rather than the fish."http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=911&p=16&style=2&forumId=6491&action=1&replytoid=2120711671http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/stewartjackson/nov06/fishphobia.htmSeems its big news..But must of the Ipswich fans I talk to seem to be embarressed by the whole thing.

They do something like this every year. There is always a badge, poster or gimmick. In fact, I think it started after their 5-0 win.

I guess if you feel your actual football team aren''t good enough, you turn to other ways of ''helping'' you win.

The question is, who is going to look stupid when the teams come out on Sunday?... [:D]