Sign in to follow this  
Master J-Do Pur

Lincoln Pubs

Does anyone here live in Lincoln? I''ve just noticed the kick off for sunday is 11:30 and was wondering if anyone knows what pubs are open that early? I am a student so technically i should know this. Sorry for not being an architype student leading the way. I drink lots of tea though

yeah, definately this would be a great idea, there are a lot of students at varies uni''s and it could even help with away day travels

[quote user="Master J-Do Pur"]Does anyone here live in Lincoln? I''ve just noticed the kick off for sunday is 11:30 and was wondering if anyone knows what pubs are open that early? I am a student so technically i should know this. Sorry for not being an architype student leading the way. I drink lots of tea though[/quote]

Hay Master, I am also a student in Lincoln too! What course do you do?

I''d be suprised if The Shed wasn''t showing it, after that maybe Walkabout?

Do you know anyone who lives in the Junxion or the Pavillons because they get Sky included, you could steal their lounge for 2 hours on a sunday!

I live in lincoln too...

It will def be on in Walkabout, that place serves meals so will be open at that time.  It''s on the high street near the hill if you don''t know where it is... I''ll be in there watching it too :-P

Ed

[quote user="Troy Tempest"]I bet you''re doing a masters degree in being just a nice lad, Tom.[/quote]

Cheers but no i''m not doing a masters degree yet! I''m actually a 2nd Year student

You will gather from my monicker that live in Lincoln too. Unlike you lucky students, I have to live here full time. Am not aware which bars are showing the game, but it''s matterless for me because, sadly, I''ll be out of town on Sunday. Good to know there are other canaries in the area though. I do see the occasional NCFC shirt in Tesco or the city centre.

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[quote user="Master J-Do Pur"]Does anyone here live in Lincoln? I''ve just noticed the kick off for sunday is 11:30 and was wondering if anyone knows what pubs are open that early? I am a student so technically i should know this. Sorry for not being an architype student leading the way. I drink lots of tea though[/quote]

Hay Master, I am also a student in Lincoln too! What course do you do?

I''d be suprised if The Shed wasn''t showing it, after that maybe Walkabout?

Do you know anyone who lives in the Junxion or the Pavillons because they get Sky included, you could steal their lounge for 2 hours on a sunday!

[/quote]

Awesome. I was kind of hoping scream would be open because thats always a fairly good place to watch it. I am a 3rd year studying media production like most of the people at this uni it seems. You will spot me around because i think i''m the only person to have the name Henderson printed on my back for the simple fact i felt sorry for him for being a bit rubbish which is now regrettable. What are you studying? You watching it in The Shed?

Im also gonig to be watching it with my two mates that are Ipswich fans which will be fun

I bet, Lincoln, all these students thought you were about to invite them around on Sunday morning for Sky TV, tea, biccies and a stroke of your moggy. But as you said, you''re out of town.

Yeah I live there permanently too and have to work unfortunately.  Don''t get the easy life like you students ;-P  Ahhh... to be a student again...

Do see a fair few shirts around town these days, maybe I''ll bump into some of you guys if you head to a pub in town...

Got a feeling its gonna be a good game!

Ed

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

You will spot me around because i think i''m the only person to have the name Henderson printed on my back for the simple fact i felt sorry for him for being a bit rubbish which is now regrettable.

[/quote]

Tom, I completely feel your pain. I had years of good intentions with shirt names. Most ended up in disaster... (see ''first shirt thread'', should you feel the urge)

[quote user="Troy Tempest"]I bet, Lincoln, all these students thought you were about to invite them around on Sunday morning for Sky TV, tea, biccies and a stroke of your moggy. But as you said, you''re out of town.[/quote]

Yep; that certainly would have been a nice idea. Think the missus would have had something to say about it though! Another fatal problem is that I don''t have Sky TV (just four of the bog-standard terrestrial channels). At least I''m going somewhere that does have Sky, so will be watching the game; yay!

[quote user="Yellow Eddie"]

Yeah I live there permanently too and have to work unfortunately.  Don''t get the easy life like you students ;-P  Ahhh... to be a student again...

Do see a fair few shirts around town these days, maybe I''ll bump into some of you guys if you head to a pub in town...

Got a feeling its gonna be a good game!

Ed

[/quote]

Do you mind revealling where you work/who for? I''m employed by the NHS and work on Waterside South (and even most lincoln residents don''t seem to know where that is!!)

It was me with Henderson catastrophy but Tom can be known as the boy with the underperforming youth on his back (now i seem to have made it sound illegal). It is quite funny really, even get people asking me why i have his name on my back! I was tempted to have Briggs on my back (anyone even remember the flawless, enegmatic, commanding, tireless right-back general that was Keith Briggs)  but he got snapped away from us because we just couldnt cope with all that skill in one persons feet.

[quote user="Master J-Do Pur"]It was me with Henderson catastrophy but Tom can be known as the boy with the underperforming youth on his back (now i seem to have made it sound illegal). It is quite funny really, even get people asking me why i have his name on my back! I was tempted to have Briggs on my back (anyone even remember the flawless, enegmatic, commanding, tireless right-back general that was Keith Briggs)  but he got snapped away from us because we just couldnt cope with all that skill in one persons feet.[/quote]

Sorry Master/Tom - my mistake... [:$]

I had Raymond De Waard plastered on my white away shirt. [H] I do my gardening in it now (ie I dug a hole once, 5 years ago...) I completely feel your pain.

Where is Keith Briggs now? Anyone know?...

RE: Do you mind revealling where you work/who for? I''m employed by the NHS and work on Waterside South (and even most lincoln residents don''t seem to know where that is!!)

I''ll be one of them... only been here 4 years... is that near the hospital? 

I work for Rockstar games, just out of the centre. :)

RE: Do you mind revealling where you work/who for? I''m employed by the NHS and work on Waterside South (and even most lincoln residents don''t seem to know where that is!!)

[/quote]

Whats working at Rockstar like?

I don''t have anyone printed on my back and the only Norwich shirt I have is one of the green Lotus away shirts. If I get a new one, it''ll have Shackell on it!

RE: Do you mind revealing where you work/who for? I''m employed by the NHS and work on Waterside South (and even most lincoln residents don''t seem to know where that is!!)

[/quote]

Kind of. It''s near that awful-looking tower block of Council flats (Shuttleworth House) just downhill from the hospital. I''m in the same block of buildings that sport Anglian Water, Dragon''s Health Club, and Lincs FM. The Canal runs one side of the terrace and the Witham runs the other. The whole area looks very run down. I''ve lost count of the number of visitors who have revealed that they turned around halfway here because it looked like the road was going nowhere! Not the prettiest part of town!!

Rockstar games? Were they not involved in the Grand Theft Auto series and Max Payne? If so...bloody hell; Lincoln does sport something of note!!

Kind of. It''s near that awful-looking tower block of Council flats (Shuttleworth House) just downhill from the hospital. I''m in the same block of buildings that sport Anglian Water, Dragon''s Health Club, and Lincs FM. The Canal runs one side of the terrace and the Witham runs the other. The whole area looks very run down. I''ve lost count of the number of visitors who have revealed that they turned around halfway here because it looked like the road was going nowhere! Not the prettiest part of town!!

Rockstar games? Were they not involved in the Grand Theft Auto series and Max Payne? If so...bloody hell; Lincoln does sport something of note!!

Lol, I know where you mean, it''s near the tip...!

Yeah Lincoln has a few things of note... though not many... it''s mainly just full of burrberry cap wearing tools...