Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

Kings Lynn 1st Round FA Cup draw........What a cock-up.

Heard the draw on Radio Norfolk which tailed off after King''s Lynn''s number was called. I was sure they called " No.3 " but when Trevor Brooking said " King''s Lynn " I assumed I must have mis-heard.

Now seems that the draw was a cock-up and King''s Lynn should have been drawn away to Dover rather than have a home draw against Lewes !!

Interestingly the draw hasn''t yet appeared on Teletext so we must wait and see.......redraw may be ?

PS ------ Just seen that the FA have now decided that they''re away to Dover or Bishops Stortford !!!

it would have made more sense to have had people doing the draw who could both speak and understand the queens english! poor old kings lynn, they must have been counting the cash from a lucrative home draw!

I think Brooking must be a bit mutton - he kept saying "Pardon?" when the numbers were read out, then a very very long pause before he identified the teams.  Whoever was responsible for putting it up on screen obviously had the list of numbers too, and was well ahead of him. 

But someone had failed to update today''s results for the non league sides, so when Brooking said "King''s Lynn" up on screen came "King''s Lynn or Hucknall Town".  Utterly shambolic. 

Still, I needed something to make me laugh . . .

Ex-footballers should have to pass an exam before being allowed to work in the media.Martin O''Neill aside, they''re generally about as eloquent and informative as half a pound of lard.

Brooking could be seen fiddling with his ear piece and asking (presumeably) for someone to get it to work

how the hell can u cock up the FA up draw?! its so simple a primary sachool child could do it.

This makes the FA look even more rediculous than they already are!!

jas :)