Sign in to follow this  
Salopian

Does anyone doubt that Worthington left us with a squad low in numbers and quality?

Our two best out, and we looked a very ordinary side at Stoke, and revealed the impotence of the midfield to deliver chances to the strikers.It is obvious that we rely too much on Hux! And in addition one or two didn''t turn up at Stoke.I would have to blame PG for the team he selected, however. Doc may be a reasonable stand-in striker, however he will never be a creative midfielder, and Hughes will never make a left-winger! Things did improve when we had another left winger, but by then we had two ancient strikers! We lost it in the first half, and once we went a player down the only question was how many Stoke would score.PG is allowed to make a mistake, to quote somebody, but he must get into the loan market quickly.Have the Villa got any more midfielders like the one who tore us apart today?

theres a half decent one in reserves called fiske why not try him out and maybe a couple of others like spillane bexfield martin and smart they might just surprise us

We are missing the obvious, we have better players in our squad but for some reason they all appear to be considered to be too young!? Despite statements to the contrary. Eagle, at the very least, should have been given his chance for a full game today. I am completely mystified as to why he wasn''t.  

I fully agree that Worthington left us short on numbers but he also left a totally inept midfield. Listening to yesterdays game the name Russell kept cropping up another player that Worthington let go he had far more running than any one in our midfield with the exception of Etuhu.

Personally I feel that it will take some time to get rid of the Worthington legacy.