Sign in to follow this  
listen (formerly MG7)

New away kit?

I''ve heard that the current away kit will be replaced at the end of the season, though the home kit still has a season to run.

Anybody know what colour / style the new away kit will be? Will it still have the Lotus sponsor?

OTBC

Yeah I heard that too. Don''t understand the point though, why does the home kit run for 2 seasons and the away only for 1? I really like the current away shirt, much nicer than some of our other efforts in recent years!

I believe one of the pink un staff (peter raven i think) have said before that delia has been seen wearing an away shirt which has the proton badge on instead of lotus.

Apparently whatever the change, it is only minor.

It''s so that there is at least one new strip each year - both kits change every 2 years, only now one kit is a year behind the other in the cycle. If that makes sense...

As for Delia''s Proton away top at Wigan that was probably more to do with the Malaysian big wigs than any early preview of next season''s away strip. Maybe we should ask her at the NCISA forum?

One change will be the words ''Division One Champions'' on the shirt!

The minor change we all want will be taking the Nationwide badge off the arm and replacing it with a Premier League one!

I think Pete said he saw Delia in a home shirt with a Lotus badge on it - rather than an away shirt with a Proton badge - but whatever - we''ll find out soon enough.

Hooray for the joys of retro - I''ve been wearing my Asics top for a few years, and will continue to do so!!

I sold my Asics top to some guy who was collecting all the shirts, what a mistake that was. I''d still wear mine now given the chance!

Only ''retro'' one I have now is that awful navy blue / fluorescent green / yellow away shirt from about ''98.

And it''s far, far too big. As was the style back in the day.

I think a cool white kit is called for next season. Round neck, no collar. I''d definitely buy that.

its still going to be sponsered by lotus,
people have been complaining about the shade of green thou.

What? are they mad? It is, without a shadow of a doubt, the best away kit we have ever had. As we have to change though, I would be in favour of black, with yellow and green detail - very eye catching, especially with the lotus logo on it

As nice as it is, the colour is definitely a problem - a bit like the infamous Man Ure grey shirt. I think the team should wear yellow as often as is practical.
Anyway, the quicker the turnover, the more ''collectable'' I suppose the away shirts are. Saw a bloke at Palace in the green Pony shirt, I wish I had one of those.

I''m with you, Rochdale Yella. The tartan was class, and went particularly well with jeans. Although I like white on other people, being fair-skinned, it drains the life out of me so I suppose I''ll be happy with anything bright and colourful...minus the Nationwide League badge, of course. (As long as it''s not The Coca Cola Championship badge instead!!!)

NMTD - the first one I had (in ''89) certainly wouldn''t fit now- as I was 13! But that was the white away one and was even cooler than the yellow one I have now.

But perhaps I bought MG7''s shirt, cos I got it from ebay a couple of years ago. It rules!

Ive lost the Asics shirt I had and Im gutted.. though have found my prized, signed picture of Robert Fleck (in an Asics strip)!

my little boy was wearing my adidas without sponsor
1981 home pinstripe shirt derby day n i still think that
shirt looks very smart.for an away shirt what about the
all red strip of 1996 that looked pritty good or the uefa
cup 3rd blue strip that was smart too.