Sign in to follow this  
Hannibal

mascots

there has been a lot of mascots over the years in football but who is the best ? is captin canary the top dog ?

Captain Canary pah. Have you not witnessed the antics of Splat theCat at every home game tries to stop the groundstaff removing the advertising logo from centre of pitch, dances to the sounds being played and generally takes the michael. The Captain merely walks around the pitch. Give me the phlegmatic pussy every time, he makes me laugh, which is good because I am a grumpy old git normally.

Splat #1 mascot.

you mean the butterfly aint a mascot................

Captain Canary but only just for me. He does keep the young kids happy and for the other supporters does entertain many of us particularly when he goes to away games always dancing to songs which are good enough when at away games and always orchetstrates the fans when singing club songs (e.g. OTBC). The best memory of him has to be of that day at Barnsley 2 years walking over to us wearing surfing shorts and with a surfboard trying out the cool look and getting in the mood for the big party.One groan is that I hope he doesn''t wear the Lotus Green shirt again because the shirt on him being yellow can look a bit ''cordon bleugh''. Splat the Cat is also a good mascot like his little antics before the game and does do good cart wheels but because he''s associated with N+P he''s not officially ours although he is pretty good.

I am convinced that Captain Canary is Robert Ch**e in disguise. CC turned up the season after RC left, they are the same size as well!

So for that reason Splat the Cat is the number one mascot, not only that, he is so funny just watch his antics before the next game, his air guitar is superb.

I think you''ll find that the lad who wears the Captain Canary outfit (who works in the ticket office) at away games is a different person in the costume at home games

I don''t like the dog thing at Barnsley, it was a little aggresive and gesticulated to the Norwich fans in a rather offensive manner prior to the game. I don''t think it wise for a mascot to insight trouble really! The Burnley bee''s were OK, one looked a lot more menacing than the other based on the stripe pattern on their faces - or is that just my imagination? Did any one see what one of the bee''s got up to when Burnley scored? shame I didn''t look at them when we scored 5.......!!! wasn''t that the mascot that up-ended the streaker a while back? I like the Captain, good harmless fun and the kids are allways pleased to see him. I remember him being in the crowd at Rotherham and he watched the game, it was rather surreal to see him sat there.

both Captian Canary and Splat the Cat are Brilliant. When i took my footy team of kids to play at Carrow Road both Mascots were brill, before the kick off they walked round and spent 5 minutes just jollyin with the boys. they loved it, good to see friendly mascots.

Back in the dim and distant when we were sponsored by Fosters we (unsurprisingly, I suppose) had a kangaroo as a mascot.

Thing is I cant remember what the things name was. Anyone?

What about Razz the clown
and the big clown they used to have - used to love him!
and the digigtal phone!

Splat the Cat plays for my Sunday footy team, trust me he''s a better mascot than footballer !
He loves being Splat, I think he''s aiming to carry on until retirement age. Those cartwheels could be getting a bit dodgy in 30 years time . . .