Sign in to follow this  
Hartsons Gut

This has got to be the team for Tuesday if Safri, Hucks and Earnie are missing

Even given the efforts of Croft and Eagfle to tackle back and help the defenders, I fear that the central midfield is not substantial enough to halt Colchester, uinless they play out of their skins. A midfield essentially of two, and where Etuhu attacks and Robinson.....(well!), will be cut open even by Colchester!Grant has a real propblem on his hands!

And now minus croft....presume you would put Hughes in his place.  WOW what a team.  I hate being negative but you just knew at some point the injuries would happen.  Strength in depth makes a half decent team. We dont even have any depth!!!!

Its time for the board to stand up delia doomcaster and co and admit they screwed up lack of player signings are now really biting.If they had shown as much interest in bringing new players to the club as they did in getting a new manager in a record time we would not be in this position.

I think it could work actually.  Like the Colin on wing idea.  He has played some good games this season.  Certainly not our worst player by any means.

Matt and Give grant a chance

Have you seen Colin play this season? Defensively he''s fine but he looks like a lost sheep in the oppsition half, he has this electonic tag it seeems preventing him from going to far forward. There is no way in 1 million years that he should be used as a right sided midfielder unless he changes 100% overnight. Plus, as i''ve said before, Fleming playing seems to = Leak Goals. He cannto play.

So..

Gallagher

Colin         Doherty      Shackall      Drury

Hughes      Etuhu      Robinson      Eagle

Ryan J     Dublin

Subs: Everyone take your boots, there might be a spot

Seriously

Camp, Fleming, Spillane, Thorne, Chris Martin

With Hucks, Earny, Croft, Henderson, Mcveigh, Safri, loui-jean,Ashdown, potentially all out the only other  outfield pro''s we have are Rossi J and halliday who are both defenders. Thats why i have picked Martin, him or Bally smart. Attacking players who have impressed in reserve games.

There is no other option bar hughes!

Colin - right wing?

When has he ever got to the byeline and crossed the ball?

Flem at right back?

Surely there must be someone amongst the 9 youngsters we signed to full professional status in the summer who can fill in?

With Croft out as well, and no McV, I hate to say it but the only candidate for wide right is Hughes. He has the engine to get up and back and I think that Colin ging forward and covered only by Flem, is a prospect that frightens me.

In all this, when will Spillane be considered. Not many weeks ago he seemed to be accepted as the best of the younger fringe players. Has he gone off in some way?

You have to feel for Grant right now, our 3 best attacking players injured and not much in cover, I think we should reserve our opinion of Grant until he has is own team established in a years time. Ferguson or Mourinho would struggle with this squad.

You could play Bexfield who is the reserve team right back and can also play wide right, defensively excellent and really works, makes Fleming look like a Donkey.Play any of the really attacking players and they let you down tracking back.

bally smart has to play on the right wing, he looked good against kings lynn the other week so i say give him a chance

hey hump you obviously dont go to watch the 1st team like the rest of us as we havent ever seen earnie or hucks track back and we dont have any problem with our two best players you do make a good point about tracking back. though a very wierd way of going about it who are these other naughty attacking players who dare not track back

[quote user="p.g.tips"]hey hump you obviously dont go to watch the 1st team like the rest of us as we havent ever seen earnie or hucks track back and we dont have any problem with our two best players you do make a good point about tracking back. though a very wierd way of going about it who are these other naughty attacking players who dare not track back[/quote]

Are you related to the other pg tips on this board??

I would go with:

Gallagher

Colin                     Shackell                     Doc               Drury

Robinson

Rossi Jarvis                               Safri                             Eagle

Etuhu

Ryan Jarvis

This would give both young Jarvis''s a chance and surely they could link up well?

Eagle looks a great crosser and deserves a start.

I would place Robinson in the defensive role as he is a battler, it amazes me he is played as our most forward midfielder! He is about as productive going forward as Huckerby is in the air!

I would go with:

Gallagher

Colin                     Shackell                     Doc               Drury

Robinson                         Safri        Etuhu                    Eagle

Ryan Jarvis  Dublin.

lets keep it simple, 4-4-2.  robbo won''t beat anyone on the wing, but should pump in some decent crosses - ffs i''d hug the touchline and lump one over to dublin for £5k - it can''t be that difficult.

I watch every game Home and Away and all Reserve games and spend a fortune watching lazy overpaid players who because they do the odd trick and score a goal are the so called best players.I would be happy for clean sheets and the odd 1-0 win at the moment. We need to build the side on a defence before you allow our flair players the opportunity to showboat. All good sides earn the right to play, it may be boring but it is better than the division below. Give me 11 hardworking dedicated professionals who are hungry for success and you will always beat a team of lazy comforatble overpaid players. I have always said build for the future -forget about the next 2 years and promotion nuture and play our youth- we can stay in the championship with hard work-clear out the fat cats and get behind the Manager.

you can accept failure but never accept a lack of effort and pride