Sign in to follow this  
The Voice of the Thorpe Area

Clearance Sale! Ranting time!

Last night was (stating the obvious) very poor. If there was ever proof of how big a task PG has, last night was it. Colchester were an average, who battled and fought for every tackle. We did not.

For this part of the post, I hope that players of the club read! What do the following players have in common?

Carl Robinson, Andy Hughes, Peter Thorne, Paul McVeigh, Matthew Louis-Jean, Youssef Safri, Gary Docherty and Dion Dublin.

Answer; they are all over-paid, under-performing idiots. Why is it that complete numpties such as these find it impossible to pass straight and tackle? All of these players will be earning around 3-4k a week, and they are all worth a combined wage of 55p. They all need selling. But who would have them? And why would any of these playes leave their 3k wages for 1k at a club lower in leagues than us?

The plus'' last night? Hucks and Earnie back. Any half-wit on that pitch who could pass the ball would have been able to set up at least half chance for them last night. The only chances that Earnie had were set up by Hucks. And talking of Hucks, why has Delia not given a new contract a long time before now? Great idea everyone, lets leave it so our best asset has a good chance of moving for nowt in June! Luckily for us, he wants to stay, but many more 1-1''s versus Colchester and you never know...

2 more plus'', Etuhu and Gallagher. Etuhu can play much better, but he still put in an average performance for a rubbish side, that takes some doing. Gallagher pulled off 2 or 3 really good saves, this after almost being hospitallised by Iwelumo (why has no-one complained about that from the club?). Insidently, he was the same ref who failed to send Thatcher after that horror challenge against Mendes.

The last 3 games have successfully deminished my once positive attitude about where this club is going. We have 3 or 4 very good players, and 7 or 8 really rubbish ones! PG, good luck sorting this out, you are going to need it!

I just have to say a word in defence of Dublin who set up 2 chances for Earnshaw and one for Etuhu, and eagle, who set up a great chance for Earnshaw.

How is Louis-Jean on that list? How can you say he''s under-performing and can''t pass straight or tackle when many of us have barely seen him play?And Safri and Doc? Sure, neither are in a particularly rich vein of form at the moment, but look at Fleming''s own performances - whenever he plays, we concede and last night was no exception? Is Fleming not on your "list" or did you just forget him?I don''t wish to have a go, I just think this is something of a knee-jerk rant based on some of the performances last night and pre-existing and unmovable opinions...

[quote user="king of latvia"]

well if the players are not playing its down to one man

peter grant.

[/quote]

It''s a bleedin miracle that PG can get these players even to draw vs Colchester, so how no earth you can blame him I do not know. As for another reply to my post about Louis-Jean; yes in truth he has not been playing. But come on, he has been here now for over a year, and from what I''ve heard about him, he wouldn''t exactly set this division alight!