Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

substitutes

i thought last nights subs were strange again. eagle had been very good so why take him off? why not put hux on right and take robinson off? or even take off earny and put hux up with dublin? we needed someone other than hughes and thorne on the bench as options also. hate to think what the combined age of the bench was last night!!! (im sure one of you geeks will tell me!)

Have to disagree with the Eagle sub. Thought he had a poor game, too light in the tackle, couldnt get past their RB and some poor crosses. BUT im not having a go at him as he is still young and needs more games to give him confidence to do all these things but i thought he was the most likely to get brought off.

I have to say he has inherited a squad of journeymen, hughes robinson

thorne to name three so until he gets who he wants in im afraid he is

stuffed with worthingtons  legacy. I would suggest against

sunderland he switches to a 442 formation because last night it was

mighty congested we didnt really use the width down our right hand side

as robinson kept drifting into the middle  i would play etuhu

&safri in middle and eagle and hucks wide with earnie and dublin up

front  . OTBC

why he didnt take robinson off i;''ll never no!!!

saf had to come off i suppose but robinson offers nothin to our team what so ever!! eagle should have stayed on for sure

Eagle was clearly struggling and, although I hate to admit it, we looked a totally differnt team once Dublin came on.

Robinson was clearly struggling, but why on earth "fans" get on his back when passes go astray is beyond me, cos it was apparent, the harder he tried, the worse it got for him, not helped by the lack of support from the terraces.[*-)]

Sorry GazzaTCC, I don''t think that Robinson''s form can be blamed on the crowd.  He is a very poor passer, and I personally likened him and Hughes to the "great" Carey and Milligan partnership - none of them have a clue what to do with the ball.I wasn''t there last night, so can''t comment on that particular game, but if he''s a confidence player then he needs to start working hard in training to improve himself - it worked for Doc... well, kinda...

why do people say eagle was struggling? he had a nervous start but once he calmed the nerves he looked very good.the problem was hux tended to drift out to the wing as well. eagle put in some good crosses that the strikers/ midfielders failed to attack, what more could the lad do?

[quote user="baldyboy"]why do people say eagle was struggling? he had a nervous start but once he calmed the nerves he looked very good.the problem was hux tended to drift out to the wing as well. eagle put in some good crosses that the strikers/ midfielders failed to attack, what more could the lad do?[/quote]

He was easily muscled off the ball & didn''t seem to be able to beat his man. I agree he took a good corner although a lot of his crosses were straight into the keepers hands. He did struggle last night but will only get better.

[quote] user="M@rtin"]Have to disagree with the Eagle sub. Thought he had a poor game, too light in the tackle, couldnt get past their RB and some poor crosses. BUT im not having a go at him as he is still young and needs more games to give him confidence to do all these things but i thought he was the most likely to get brought off.[/quote]

thought eagle had poor game then robinson,dickson,safri,earnshaw,should of been taken off .most times eagle had 2 players on him.

robinson --ran around looked like he didnt bother didnt tackle.

dickson ---just walked around in midfield didnt make runs into the box.mom must of been his mate picking it.

safri ---not happy i feel he will move on in jan.

earnshaw ---ball controll poor takes to long to have a shot .

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Sorry GazzaTCC, I don''t think that Robinson''s form can be blamed on the crowd.  He is a very poor passer, and I personally likened him and Hughes to the "great" Carey and Milligan partnership - none of them have a clue what to do with the ball.

I wasn''t there last night, so can''t comment on that particular game, but if he''s a confidence player then he needs to start working hard in training to improve himself - it worked for Doc... well, kinda...
[/quote]

Evil Monkey - I wasn''t blaming the crowd for Robinson''s poor form, I said he was clearly struggling and the reaction of the crowd won''t help his cause.

I''m not his greatest fan but, whoever is on the pitch gets my support whilst they are playing as anything negative generally tends to be counter productive.

Trouble is gazza, what are we meant to do - whoop with delight every time Robinson passes it sideways, backwards, or to the opposition?

When he makes a good pass I applaud it (as I do for every other player). I try not to groan when a bad pass is made but sometimes they are so shocking, one can''t help oneself! (eg 92nd minute when Hughes put that high, looping ball across the penalty area and out towards the far corner flag for Huckerby to chase)