Sign in to follow this  
Block E Buh

ipswich climat plan!

Norwich are being asked to help climate change by the way we travel to the scummers,is it just me or is it ironic that we are sponsered by one of the biggest harmful pollution causes-  Airoplanes!! As long as we beat the silly suffolk clowns I dont care how we get there,though obviously I dont want us to be polluted!

There''s certainly some hypocritic truth in that, Matt.I''ve been talking a lot in other places recently about the politics of action on climate change, and it seems to me that people are only ever interested in "token" gestures.Norwich can have their "reduce carbon emissions" day and people will say "ah, aren''t they good", but what about the other 23 home games of the year? Why not do something for them as well?  Whereas Flybe come in with lots of wonga and say "put our name on your shirt and we''ll give you this briefcase full of cash" and Norwich bite their hands off.Hypocrites, yes, but no different to any organisation in this country, and indeed most others.  The sad truth is that money talks.Look at the news this week, and the Stern Review - a report carried out by an Economist to judge the monetary effects of Climate Change.  As soon as someone says that their cash could be under threat, they start pledging immediate action.  This is, however, 20 years too late.I''m not saying that the government''s response is a bad thing - if it gets them off their lazy behinds and makes them start looking further than the next general election, then great.  This is a great opportunity for the world to sit up and take notice of something that has been increasingly affecting our planet since Industrialisation.But I''m cynical as to what will actually happen, from painful and bitter experience...Only time will tell.

What irony! All this from a club that caused a huge amount of damage to the local economy by paying their creditors off at a few pence in the pound. Hardly surprising to read they are turning their attentions to low energy light bulbs rather than the poor sods who lost their homes off the back of Sheepshanks gross mismanagement.

A good plan in theory, until you go to the train station and find out that return tickets are a whopping £16 just to go down the road...

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]A good plan in theory, until you go to the train station and find out that return tickets are a whopping £16 just to go down the road...[/quote]

Pete, if you buy an Anglia Day Ranger ticket it''s only £11.  It''s a day ticket which lets you travel anywhere on the One network from Cromer to Cambridge and Sheringham to Felixstowe.  (No I don''t work for them, honest . . .)

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]A good plan in theory, until you go to the train station and find out that return tickets are a whopping £16 just to go down the road...[/quote]

I only paid £10 for a return ticket a few weeks ago Pete.

[quote user="mystic megson"]If the binners would stop farting that''d solve the problem overnight . . .[/quote]

Quality...