Sign in to follow this  
0JonWddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

Football superstitions - help please

I''m writing a piece on football superstitions for the Evening News and am hoping some of you might be able to help, please.

I''m sure many of you have lucky pants, go through lucky turnstiles, walk a certain way to the match or perform other rituals to ensure City victories.

Well, I''d love to hear from you - the sooner the better.

If you can help, please contact me at jon.welch@archant.co.uk.

Cheers

Jon Welch

well we always go through one turnstile and switch over to the other side to go up the stairs, and then go to the loo going in the canteen then going to our seats and if we dont it seems diferent! i also eat friut pastel: one every ten minutes, the black and green seem to give our team a boost! What about the goal keeper getting a good first touch? thats always been a superstition.
hope ive been helpful
Adam Kemp

OTBC

Jon, Excellent Post, I have loads of superstitions which is very sad I know. I can only go to Lloyds before a game, I have to buy a programme from the same chap near Morrisons. I always have to go through turnstile 14 (Lower Barclay) and the saddest of all. My mates who I go with (not mentioning names) do not allow me to eat a hot dog pre match as we always win when I don''t. I have to go for a pie or sausage roll which are both not very pleasant.

Hope the article goes well hope my info is off use.

Cheers

Alex

I have a peice of chewing gum stuck under my seat in the upper barclay. It isn''t mine but appeared four seasons ago after a pre-season friendly. I started touching it by mistake at the start of the game but as we kept winning i decided to make this part of my pre match ritual. Also i never place any bets which have anything to do with Norwich. Guranteed to lose if i do!!

I posted this a few days ago actually but here goes....

There is a man who works in the car park near to the ground, not sure what his name is but to us he is known as Whitey and we always see him before the game when we park. Hes quite short, probably about 60 ish and has a white beard. We have come up for about 9 home games, seen 7 wins a draw and a loss- the loss (Bradford) we used a different car park and did not see Whitey!!! This man must be a talisman and i propose to have a golden statue of him erected outside of the ground so people can pay tribute to this hero- the future of Norwich City Football Club hangs on one mans shoulders.

I do not have any myself but a friend of mine does.

He got a season ticket for the 1993/94 season and he started taking one of those Tetley teafolk characters with him to every game as a lucky charm (the character is called nephew - if you know them - it came free with tetley tea.) We then went on to finish 3rd. The next season he continued to take it where we were successfull aggainst munich. The next season for some reason he stoped taking it and we were relegated!!

He then started taking it again to matches in the 2001-02 season when we got to the playoffs. He has been taking it ever since.

Sorry if I have got the dates incorrect for the early premiership days. I can never remember.