Sign in to follow this  
Hayden

Don't Panic

I am willing to bet my house on the fact that Huckerby will sign for us tommorrow. Rumour has it that West Brom and Wigan have agreed a fee, but so have Norwich. If Darren is true to his word that he wants to come here then he is in the bag.

I like my house, so I hope my ''information provider, who if he doesn''t know then nobody else would'' has got it right.

I like your house too. I get first dibs if you lose.

If you are right, I will go mental.

I am pretty confident that a mental moment from yourself will be required........

otherwise, got a big garden and everything

West Brom and Wigan probably have more money to offer and that may count against us. But he has been here, played with the team and built up huge loyalty with the whole club and its supporters. Its a close call- money does talk but I think we might just nick it. Remember- Iwan''s contract runs out in the summer so we would need to cover the next few months only.

Where the 15 months on his contract fits in I have no idea- if he gets a new club why should he get anything from his old as he has mitigated his lost salary by getting a replacement salary.

I am really puzzled though why KK would let him go with Man City seemingly on the slide.

Next few days are going to be rather nerve racking.

yeah but KK is a bit odd at the best of the times. There is no way he would recall Hucks, a player he already had before spending millions on new ones, he would look a right div, but then, he is odd......

Doesn''t it p**s you off by the way that whenever a player is on the verge of signing for somebody, old ginge from West Brom always shows up and says ooh I will have him too, how many players does he want? Is that his strategy? stop anyone else buying players by buying them all and putting them in storage?

My concern is that with Svensson in the back ground is the offer for Huckerby simply a PR stunt by the club and they are covering their back?

Seems odd that they only announced the fee agreement after the WBA fee had been announced? Perhaps 1st Wiz has been affecting me more than I feared!

I think you may be right- knowing that they can''t afford Hucks they agree a fee so as to appear that they are trying to bring him in. Actually we get Svensson and McKenzie. I just can''t believe that we are going to buy all three. Maybe we are just too cynical..........

But here''s an idea triggered by Hayden: why doesn''t NW look at signing the crappiest players in the league and then, surprise surprise WBA and Wigan will pop up to pinch them from under our noses. Hey presto they''ve sold their best players (like Koumas) and filled the team up with rubbish. Nigel becomes their scout and feeds them the dross rather than looking at genuine targets.

Or maybe that''s what he''s already doing with Svensson...................