Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

It's Time For Confession My Son ( Daughter )

Who among you has the courage to confess to your naughty ways on this message board in either utilising multiple names, name changes for good or no good reason. Do you have the courage or even plain old decency to come clean to your fellow posters. I know there are one or two who have changed their name once for good reason. All of should use this thread as purifying water to cleanse our football posting souls. Come clean, come clean whoever you are....who are you now, who have you been, it''s time to come clean as we''ve played Halloween ( far too long ). Let''s have an airing one and all. Let''s have the names...let''s be ''avin you.

It does seem odd that the very, very,very prolific Dumble Delia  Is Magic generated messages at the rate of a message factory for two years or so and then....disappeared completely. It seems a little strange that gazzathegreat has hardly re-emerged now that we have a new manager. It mostly seems unbelievable that 1st Wizard virtually disappears from the scene at the same time that Cluck arrives with similar message frequency/and dislike for Boards. However, if Wizard is Cluck then he would have had to undergone spelling classes for several months. Possible, I suppose.

Alternatively, feel free to acknowledge you have only used one name on this message board. I''ll start. I was only ever Yankee Canary. 

I may be somewhat paranoid - and a ramblin'' psychotic writer of drivel an'' nonsense.......but fortunately, there is only one ''I''............... and I speak from the bottom of my fart....Or, is that fart from my bottom?

Nope, in all honesty, I''ve never been anyone else on this ''massage bored'' or any other one for that matter! It''s always been ME! ME! MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE![:|]

But, I reckon there are a ''foo'' NCFC club employed - and maybe a ''foo'' NCFC board members - who frequent this most club luvvin'' and ''poplar'' tree huggin'' forum.........

That''s why I''m a ''Foo Fighter!''.........[H]

Mediocre Mello.......lover of most stuff - but detester of bovine producin'' by-products.

"Say what you mean........and, mean what you say!"........[:#]

I  have remained  "Gorleston Jim" and can see no point or need in changing.

It would interest me greatly if those who have changed could state what were their previous names , and possibly why they felt the need to have this new identity.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Who among you has the courage to confess to your naughty ways on this message board in either utilising multiple names, name changes for good or no good reason. Do you have the courage or even plain old decency to come clean to your fellow posters. I know there are one or two who have changed their name once for good reason. All of should use this thread as purifying water to cleanse our football posting souls. Come clean, come clean whoever you are....who are you now, who have you been, it''s time to come clean as we''ve played Halloween ( far too long ). Let''s have an airing one and all. Let''s have the names...let''s be ''avin you.

It does seem odd that the very, very,very prolific Dumble Delia  Is Magic generated messages at the rate of a message factory for two years or so and then....disappeared completely. It seems a little strange that gazzathegreat has hardly re-emerged now that we have a new manager. It mostly seems unbelievable that 1st Wizard virtually disappears from the scene at the same time that Cluck arrives with similar message frequency/and dislike for Boards. However, if Wizard is Cluck then he would have had to undergone spelling classes for several months. Possible, I suppose.

Alternatively, feel free to acknowledge you have only used one name on this message board. I''ll start. I was only ever Yankee Canary. 

[/quote]I wondered exactly that about Cluck/Cluckin sounding remarkably similar to the Wizard not so long ago. I''m glad i''m not the only one! But the only thing that makes me question that is the fact that Cluckin earlier accused me of hiding behind switched user names and the Wizard should know only too well that i''ve been hanging around this board on and off almost since its inception, as my ''member since'' date shows. I have never witched usernames.But i quite agree, if you''re out there DD and anyone else as another username, reveal youselves!!! I quite agree

DumbleDelia is alive and well but he is no longer a tax-dodging layabout student and now finds himself in full-time employment with little time to post on here.

Sorry Yankee, and despite your usual jibe at me, there''s only the wiz, and no other name to my posts.

I''m the original, and I don''t hide behind other names, as you well know!.

Don''t look at me.

I did consider changing to something more gender specific, like Scary Mary (I love those bizarre Phones 4U ads) but at the end of the day I couldn''t care less if people think I''m a bloke . . .

To tell you the truth, I was really surprised to learn that anyone would do such a thing.  I was, honestly.  There must be a tiny nugget of innocence buried somewhere in the slimy morass of cynicism that makes up the football supporting part of my psyche . . .

I''m quite happy to be compared with Wiz to be honest, as I feel he talks alot of sense........

As for Cluck........it is me alone and I don''t need to borrow any ideas from anyone. If I berate the board they are my thoughts alone......right or wrong. Neither do I post anywhere else.

Sad that you should start throwing around ''nasturtiums'' like this Yankee.....because I don''t need to hide anywhere in life. This is after all, a mere message board.......although I thank you for you spelling compliment!

[quote user="Northern Canary"]

I have better things to do tbh

[/quote]

You have better things to do...............but you still reply to this thread...........[:|]

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]DumbleDelia is alive and well but he is no longer a tax-dodging layabout student and now finds himself in full-time employment with little time to post on here.[/quote]

OH YOU! Layabout student? I''m a student and I do a proper course, I suppose if DumbleDelia was a photography student you could call him Layabout student! I hardly have anytime to layabout, Worked 2 hours today for a 5 minute presentiation I have to give! Not all students are layabout, same are and same aren''t!

Oh and by the way I''ve been Tom NCFC from post 0 so I haven''t been anyone else.

What I want to know is who the Fake yellow fever is?

I have only ever been ZLF on this site and most other sites (one exception only)  - and will coninue to be so.

I find it difficult enough being me without pretending to be someone else too

I used my real name when I joined 3 years ago for a couple of months and then realised that most people didn''t so changed it to cityangel.

Have never used anything else since and only have the one account..

I''m not sure I quite understand the point of this post?If people wanna change their names, or set up multiple accounts, who are we to scorn?  It is, after all, a free country.And may I ask, what do you define as being a "good reason" for changing your name? I changed mine to Death of Canaries some time ago, partially because of the club situation at the time, but mostly because I was bored with the Evil Monkey... as you can see, the Evil One has returned... is this a crime?

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I''m not sure I quite understand the point of this post?

If people wanna change their names, or set up multiple accounts, who are we to scorn?  It is, after all, a free country.

And may I ask, what do you define as being a "good reason" for changing your name? I changed mine to Death of Canaries some time ago, partially because of the club situation at the time, but mostly because I was bored with the Evil Monkey... as you can see, the Evil One has returned... is this a crime?
[/quote]

I disagree, if we look back over the whole Worthy saga we saw a lot of ghost accounts being used IMHO to give the impression that Worthy had more support than he did.

[quote user="mystic megson"]

Tell you who''s been conspicuous by his absence lately . . . Rossi.

Come on, let''s be ''avin you . . .

[/quote]

Is that Rossi Park?

I confess that I have always been Sheded  , I wont change it  ,  even though  I`m a prat  sometimes  [ always according to some ! ]   ,  you have to live with what you create  ...... just like Grant  ....   its a kind of cowardice  to ghost up  other names for yourself , but this excuses Wiz , who`s just a drama queen [:D]

[quote user="USAcanary"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I''m not sure I quite understand the point of this post?If people wanna change their names, or set up multiple accounts, who are we to scorn?  It is, after all, a free country.And may I ask, what do you define as being a "good reason" for changing your name? I changed mine to Death of Canaries some time ago, partially because of the club situation at the time, but mostly because I was bored with the Evil Monkey... as you can see, the Evil One has returned... is this a crime?[/quote]

I disagree, if we look back over the whole Worthy saga we saw a lot of ghost accounts being used IMHO to give the impression that Worthy had more support than he did.

[/quote]So what? I''m sure many so-called WO''s did the same thing.  What''s the problem?  This is only a message board, after all.  I doubt they''re causing any harm to world peace and global stability by doing this...This is the biggest ado about nothing since... well, since the last petty, accusatory thread designed to create factions where there are none...

Well, I gave this thread an opportunity for a couple of days to see if a number of posters would feel a twinge of guilt and decide to be honest with their fellow posters. Apart from me, a few others responding have clearly stated they only use one name; Mello Yello, Gorleston Jim, a1canary, mystic megson, Tom NCFC, ZippersLeftFoot, cityangel, sheded and, I believe, USAcanary and , I''m sure, there are many others who have not responded.. I believe these individuals, like me, prefer to use one name and interact with other individuals of a like mind. Rudolph explains that he has used different names for jest but has always come clean after ( it would not have hurt to indicate those names here, Rudolph, as an example for others ). 1st Wizard says he only uses the one name. I will give him the benefit of the doubt, although I seem to remember Captain Jack Sparrow flitting in and out, although I don''t think Wizard was trying to hide this. Cluck does appear to be one individual with slightly different names that keep sputtering out like he suffers from a semi-permanent hiccup.

It has appeared to a fair number of posters that there are a good few people who are using more than one handle at different times. If that''s true, it''s disappointing ( but not surprising ) that there is a distinct lack of candour in people coming forward. Evil Monkey reacts by saying things such as "if people want to have multiple names, why not, it''s a free country", to which I would say, yes, EM but that means it''s free for everyone. That means that people like me, and others who feel the same, would prefer that you play your silly games with people who are of like mind as you, not with me. My way is not deceptive, childish, lacking in respect for others in the sense that when I give my opinion on something, whether people agree with me or not, they know my history on this message board, and can judge whether they want to spend their time reading or responding to my input. If you, in fact are respectful of others, then instead of giving the kind of childish response that you did ( I can do what I want ), then you could have given Gorleston Jim ( who is a gentleman at all times ) an honest response to the questions he asked.   

I''m sorry YC, but I must find your post above somewhat insulting.  Are you accusing me of being "childish" because I am sticking up for the rights of free speech for others?As I stated, I have not deliberately tried to dupe other posters into thinking that I belive anything other than that which I do, and the only name change I have embarked upon was down to sheer boredom.  I told people at the time who I was and why I had changed, and it even provoked a good reaction from some Terry Pratchett fans who appreciated both the irony of the name, and simply the fact that I liked the author and was referencing him.By Yankee Canary''s reckoning, anyone who is new to these boards does not have a valid argument - the reader will not, after all, know "my history on this message board" nor will they be able to "judge whether they want to spend their time reading or responding to my input".This is from the same person who enquired after the age of Tom NCFC after he had posted something "controversial", as if it had any bearing on the post.Has it ever crossed anyone''s mind that someone may have simply changed their name or signed up under a new email address for other reasons? Didn''t Mystic Megson (who I apologise to for also assuming you to be male) recently suffer from some kind of email problem which caused her to change address and thus reset their account - she did not immediately post and inform us of this, but later mentioned it when someone mentioned about the post count being lower than before.  Is this a bad thing? Does she have to immediately "come forward", as you put it?Maybe we should all refer our user names, email addresses and IP addresses to Yankee Canary before we post on these boards?  Are we not entitled to any kind of anonymity?Because God forbid we be accused of childishness...

I did use another name when I first started posting on the forum but it was so long ago I can''t even remeber what it was...I have been FMF for a number of years. Having said that, I don''t post as much as I used to as I don''t seem to find the threads as interesting as in the past when posters such as GTG; ZLF; Navyman; GJ etc were more prolific - I am only guessing, but I would think that these peeps were probably a bit more mature, (in the nicest possible way), than many of the posters and consequently the threads had some depth. On the other hand, I fully acknowledge that I am descending into the realms of being a grumpy old man, which would also explain my lack of interest these days.

Yankee, I think you''re hanging a cow for the work of a pig. Evil Monkey/Death of Canaries hasn''t ever played silly buggers and posted multiples, he''s just changed his name out of boredom. Seeing as he never posted anything interesting anyway I don''t think most people noticed or were duped in any way Wink [;)]. I think you''re right that it''s annoying when people decide to create multiple usernames because they''re in the minority on an argument and feel the need to pretend they''re in the majority, but EM/DOC isn''t one of them. There are so many better reasons to have a go at him than this one...

[quote user="Canary02"]Yankee, I think you''re hanging a cow for the work of a pig. Evil Monkey/Death of Canaries hasn''t ever played silly buggers and posted multiples, he''s just changed his name out of boredom. Seeing as he never posted anything interesting anyway I don''t think most people noticed or were duped in any way Wink [;)]. I think you''re right that it''s annoying when people decide to create multiple usernames because they''re in the minority on an argument and feel the need to pretend they''re in the majority, but EM/DOC isn''t one of them. There are so many better reasons to have a go at him than this one...[/quote]Thanks... I think... [:S]

Just this one user name on here from me.

It''s the multiple voices in my head that are the problem...

[:)][:O][:P][:(][:S][H][8-|][*-)][<:o)][8-)]

Evil Monkey, you are quite right and I apologise to you. You had the courage to respond to the thread and, for your trouble,  I used you as being a bad example, which was in poor taste on my part. However, I stand by my principle that that those who use multiple names for "fun" are, in the long run, doing a disservice to people who like and respect the point of view of others on this very good message board. Naive, or not, I hope this thread encourages some to not participate in such practice.

Who the hell do you think you are Yankee?.....Iraq gone to your head or something? As with the aforementioned debacle....I suggest you get your facts straight before you jump in with both feet.

THIS IS MESSAGE BOARD........WE DON''T HAVE WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION!

Also I change my name because it suits me.....the CLUCK bit and AVATAR remain the same. Looks like the CIA intelligence has let you down again....because disguises are usually a little less obvious.....[:|]

Give it break mate for heavens sake and concentrate on what matters....not your own paranoia......... 

I think YankeeCanary makes some valid points on this thread as do others, especially Evil Monkey.

I joined the board in late August after having been here for a long time in a "read only" capacity. I joined under the name canary cherub as a bit of a wind up, but owned up and became nutty nigel pretty quickly after a couple of weeks. In my short time here I have seen posters change their names and give reasons for it as Bruces Header did.

I don''t doubt that there are people using multiple usernames and I agree with both EM and YC. If for example a poster such as mello yello was found to be a character invented by another poster I see no problem. Whereas if a poster is posting under multiple names in order to decieve other posters and manipulate the board to their own ends then it''s at the least against the spirit of the board, and in my view downright dishonest.

Rossi, Antony Park, Truthseeker... Let''s be ''avin you!