Sign in to follow this  
Beaker

Barclay Lower Block C Support of Hughes

well done to all who supported hughes yesterday with the fanclub that developed in the lower barclay...

yea i was in the upper barclay and could hear the support load and clear. gd to hear som support for the guy i was impressed with wot he did when he came on.

I can feel cult hero status coming on . . . well done lads, keep it up.

As someone posted on another thread, his mistakes are often caused by trying too hard rather than not trying hard enough.  The more people get on his back the harder he tries and the worse it gets.  Therefore give him some support and it might actually improve his game.  Not rocket science is it?

i actually thought we were taking the mick with the Hooze chants!!!

glad to see it was genuine, how fickle the fans are!!

The boy done good, just a pity there are still some morons on here criticising him for the one error in judgment pass back to Drury....

Lets get behind Hughes, Grant and the Club and get back to the top!!!!

I''ve mentioned this in another thread on here, maybe hes not the best footballer in the world, but get behind him, give him some confidence and he may improve.

A simple chant from us can make a big difference, Grant mentioned it in the press conference that Hooze really appreciated it. If that can raise his game by even 5% it was worth it. Lets get behind him & give him some confidence. The dark days of worthy are behind us now, lets give support to all the players who pull on that shirt.

Clap... Clap... Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap HOOZE !!!!   

anyone else think that Hughes could play right back from now on!!!!!

he did a better job than Flem and Colins and as for sicknote 

NO NOISE FROM THE SKANE PIT BOYS

I would much rather Hughes play right back should something happen to Colin!!!!

Give the guy a chance he may just surprise you!

I was in the Snakepit calling his name, so feel the Title of the thread is a bit pathetic!!!!!!

There was some Moron in there though, who persisted in shouting abuse at him!

Dion was collossal, Please drop calamity Doc and give Dion the Armband!!

Just because the Barclay is nicer and we don''t have to sit under Roy Wallers bum and we make more noise than you lot, don''t go getting all upset on us, every body knows we are great. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Have I started a war of words between the Barclay and its poor neighbours who can''t get a seat..............

The Hughes booing never really emanated from his performances. It was a reaction to him joining the band of players (Sutch, Holt, Fleming, Robinson et al) who could play as badly as they liked and still be selected every single match regardless by Worthington. Had Hughes been dropped at the start of his first bad run of form, and just made a few bustling sub-appearances, he would be regarded fondly by the fans because for all his failings, he''s got a great attitude. He''s now got the chance to rebuild himself a little and it will be nice if it works because he''s a decent pro.