Sign in to follow this  
Hartsons Gut

Protest for new Huckerby contract?????????

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="August 64"]

Errrrr ....... NO! 

We need to have Hucks on a contract but it does have to work for both parties.  At the moment nobody outside the two parties knows the truth about what is going on or not.  If the club fails to sign him up we would need to know why and most supporters would be very unhappy.  However, it seems premature to be suggesting that nothing will happen - two months is a very long time in football.  Dare I suggest that you read your own signature and "Stop moaning" - at least about problems that haven''t yet occurred.

August 64

[/quote]

Agreed! how do we know the club havent already offered Hucks a contract which he has rejected.... How do we know what Hucks sees in the future.. he might be deciding to Jack it in in may.. he may want 2 more years... Time will tell.. but if it gets beyond Xmas and he hasnt signed then i feel we wont be seeign him in a Norwich Shirt next season.

jas :)

[/quote]

Because if they had of offfered him a new contract the club would hve gone public about it knowing how much it means to us fans and alsomore importantly Hucks would have signed it, hes already said that money won''t be an issue.

He wants to stay here, he wants a new contract and by going public I believe Hucks is trying to force the issue.

I still believe they''re delaying the announcement of Hucks'' new contract to bury some bad news with it. Cynical? Moi?

Also, how many league games in the past three seasons, including the current campaign, have we won without Huckerby?

First correct answer doesn''t get a prize....

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]I still believe they''re delaying the announcement of Hucks'' new contract to bury some bad news with it. [/quote]

I would hate to even consider it but....do you expect it to come out on the afternoon of Sunday November 19th???

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]I still believe they''re delaying the announcement of Hucks'' new contract to bury some bad news with it. Cynical? Moi? Also, how many league games in the past three seasons, including the current campaign, have we won without Huckerby? First correct answer doesn''t get a prize....[/quote]

I concur wholeheartedly with your cynicism Pete.............I think a Govenment type spin is in the pipeline from the ''Meejah'' of NCFC....... ;~(

A couple of points to consider.

1. Why are we hearing so much in the press recently about how much Hucks wants to stay? If this is the case, and PG and the board want the same thing, surely they could get something sorted fairly quickly and end all the speculation. Is it possible that not all parties are as keen to get the contract signed as they are claiming in the press? I appreciate that these things involve negotiation on both sides, but how long does this really take. At the moment Hucks strikes me as a man who is uncertain as to where his future lies and wants to make sure that the fans who idolise him know that if he does end up leaving he did everything he could to try and stay. Don''t blame him to be honest, although if it turns out that the board messed him about and he ends up leaving I certainly wouldn''t hold it against him.

2. Will we be able to afford him next year? It was mentioned elsewhere in this thread that other clubs who have been relegated in the past have had to trim wage bills, so why should we be any different. At the moment we can point to high attendances as a reason why we don''t need to sell the family silver, so to speak.What if our season does not improve and season ticket renewals fall next year, will we need to trim the wage bill further?

I''ve said it elsewhere, this whole situation is starting to whiff a bit. I just hope I''m wrong!

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]I still believe they''re delaying the announcement of Hucks'' new contract to bury some bad news with it. Cynical? Moi? Also, how many league games in the past three seasons, including the current campaign, have we won without Huckerby? First correct answer doesn''t get a prize....[/quote]

As one " cynic " to another Pete ,   it looks to me that Grant  is lining  up some of his Scottish cronies  ........   [ is that racist ? nah ,  [6] ]   

I`m intrigued about the bad news !  you got some insider news ?    lemmee have a few guesses :-

1,   Earnie  leaves .

2,   Hucks is offered a contract , but refuses because he`s hacked off  ( literally ! )

3,   Safri   decides to head down the road to Morocco 

4,   Delia  sells her shares to  the Glazer bros  [ aaaaagghh  ] 

5,   Strachan  comes in as assistant manager  .

There`s no end to it !   [:D]

Hucks has said it before, he doesnt need more money and i''m pretty sure he''s said that he WOULD take a pay cut, it''ll be sorted in due course

This tells a story!!

Hucks the key to City success

JONATHAN REDHEAD

His manager thinks he has still got plenty to learn, but a Norwich City side without Darren Huckerby is unlikely to win - if the stats are anything to go by.

If City boss Peter Grant decides Huckerby is not doing enough to warrant a place in the side and not working hard enough when he has not got the ball, then the 30-year-old winger has been told he faces the chop.

But all those who claim City cannot win without the talents of their talisman can point to an alarming statistic which shows just how much the Canaries have come to rely on the former Coventry, Leeds and Manchester City star.

In the past three seasons, including the current campaign, City have only managed to win one league game in which Huckerby has not played any part.

That came in a 2-0 home victory against a poor Plymouth Argyle side in a lunchtime kick off back in September last year.

In the same period, seven other matches without his influence have resulted in one draw and six defeats, including four games this season. There have been three Carling Cup wins without him in that time, but all against lower league opposition.

Since his debut in the 2-0 home win over Burnley in September 2003, Huckerby has an impressive appearance record for City, missing just 13 league games in all.

Almost half came in his first season when he was absent five times towards the end of 2003 as City began their march towards the Championship title and the Premiership in 2004.

But back then it appears he was not missed as much as now as the Canaries bagged four wins and a draw including the famous 2-0 win at Ipswich that took the side to the top of the table.

And although he has been warned he needs to do more for his side, the flying winger is still rated as the Canaries'' top player of the season according to the latest Actim Index Player Rankings and is currently riding high in 10th place in the rankings.

Despite playing around 400 minutes less than the other players in the top ten, Huckerby has managed to deliver more crosses than anyone else in the Coca Cola Championship and is the second most prolific dribbler behind Cardiff''s Paul Parry.

I think hux is to us what rooney is to man utd he does enough single handed up front and midfield to warrant not tracking back all the while he only has so much energy.I fear peter grant is only asking hux to track back all the while because he has not got that much confidence in our rearguard.I suggest to peter grant strengthen or sort out the rearguard or midfield before you keep slagging hux of after all he is a legend at carrow you can count on your hand since he has been her the amount of games he has not been up to scratch.

Just looked up some of the Actim Index Player Ratings for the Championship. We have 4 players in the top 100. They are Huckerby(10), Croft(30), Etuhu(51) and Shackell(60) No Earnshaw despite all his goals. Cardiff have 10 of the top 100 including 8 of the top 16 players!!!

These stats don''t just suggest what a good idea it would be to get Huckerby''s contract sorted ASAP but also suggest that strengthening the defence should be the next priority.

http://www.pa-sport.com/en/products/actim-statistics.html