Sign in to follow this  
Hartsons Gut

Protest for new Huckerby contract?????????

I feel that its just as important that Huckerby gets a new contract as it was getting Worthless out of office.

How can we let this happen. I think that calls for the board to sort this out ASAP are needed.

What do you feel about protesting against the boards decision not to of offered him a sufficient deal yet. I think that its disgusting.

Your Views please.

I think if we go protesting over every little thing I think we''ll get a bit of a reputation as cry babies of the football world. Perhaps a petition or a few letters or even just a "Sign him up, sign him up" chants will do just as well without resorting to the dirty ''P'' word!

Good idea, the fact that Hucks hasnt been penned to a new deal yet is ludicrous, but we are on the outside dont forget, maybe both parties arent as concerned about it as we are....after all Hucks loves it here, there''s no way he wants to leave, and the board arent stupid.....

I was told back about a year ago that the football club do not pay any of Hucks wages. They are paid by previous clubs Leeds etc and a rather rich guy who wanted Hucks at the club at the time and has been paying his weekly wage of £5k plus.

I know I am going to get the questions who are your sources etc, so reveal I shall.. this came from my best mates dad who knows an ex-director of the football club. That''s more than you normally get.

So the stalling may well be over.. oh sh!t where are we going to find £20k plus a month to pay him...  IMO i would have sold him and taken the cash during the past 2 seasons.....anyway forget that.. That''s why I think we are seeing the delays... they are working out how many more hotels we need to build to pay Hucks!    

Errrrr ....... NO! 

We need to have Hucks on a contract but it does have to work for both parties.  At the moment nobody outside the two parties knows the truth about what is going on or not.  If the club fails to sign him up we would need to know why and most supporters would be very unhappy.  However, it seems premature to be suggesting that nothing will happen - two months is a very long time in football.  Dare I suggest that you read your own signature and "Stop moaning" - at least about problems that haven''t yet occurred.

August 64

Give grant a chance - in name and nature.  

PG is the manager now and is clearly assessing all the players in training and on match days and there are still 8 months on the contract.  Hux has always said he loves it here so why the rush?  If PG feels he can get more from Hux or that he cannot solve the hux conundrum he may feel that not offering a contract is the right approach - free some of those large wages for a couple of new recruits?  Tough decisions in tough times call for tough managers - and it is better to get the decision right based on your own evidence rather than going by reputation.   

Not saying I agree with not re-signing hux, but that could be how PG is thinking. 

Well I have to admit that I have been worried that he might not be signing.

At the end of this year our paracute money runs out. I don''t know the ins and outs of financing a club like ours but other teams who have faced a similar fate have all had to make nasty cutbacks. Leicester, Coventry and them down the road are good examples. For us to offer Hucks a new contract is going to mean deeper cut-backs somewhere elce which may mean Hucks having to take a pay-cut for it to happen.

I have always thought that would not be a huge issue because he has said how much he feels apprechiated here, mainly because we are the only club that he has been able to keep a first team place at for a number of years. Most of his past managers have ended up dropping him from the team because he does not do the defensive side of things and they end up feeling he is a luxury. Read Peter Grants comments about him after the Sunderland game and we might be facing a similar issue ourselves.

Bearing in mind how we have played without him recently, it doesent bear thinking about.

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]It looks seriously to me like Grant''s continued criticism of Hucks is paving the way for his departure which will be the greatest travesty at the club for many years.[/quote]

Thats just what I was thinking  Fillet !   read this excerpt  , and then some of you  can comment on  what Hucks will be thinking as he reads it !!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Darren Huckerby has been told his place in the Norwich City is not guaranteed - unless he starts learning some new lessons.

Canaries boss Peter Grant has laid down the law with City''s star player and insists it is for the good of the team - and the manager''s hair!

“Huckerby - I will give him the freedom of Norwich when we have got the ball, but when we have not got the ball he has got to come into line and play for us,” said Grant.

“If he doesn''t play for the team, he won''t play and he''s been told that, because he made it difficult for us in the second period.

“He understands that, he accepts that, he knows that''s what he has got to work on even at 30 years of age to make it better and we are determined to make it better, because with him in the side it is possible to do anything … but I think I could be very, very grey by the time I get him to do his job properly.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I`m reading  is that Grants remarks  are as if they came out the gob of his mate Strachan !     now THERES a man who does have it in for Hucks  for some reason !   what was his last snide remark he came out with recently , when , for some strange reason , he attended a match when Hucks was playing ?    ....  oh yes  , he said he`d come to see if Hucks was still spending most of his time offside !  this from a , so called , manager ,  who`s  top scorer at Cov` was Hucks !  and who he sold   because he needed the money   to buy " better players " .........Strachan was sacked !

Back to Grant  , I think he will regret  those remarks !   it was HE that made Hucks play when he was [  and probably still is ]  carrying an injury .......   Grant should get his head on right , and concentrate  on getting the rest of the team , "Onside "  !   and playing , " Properly "  ......  

Wouldn`t surprise me at all  if Hucks  is pissed off with Grant  , and make this his last season ...

If PG is considering not renewing his contract I sincerely hope he has a more than adequate replacement lined up, for his own good. Can you imagine the unrest amongst supporters if he’s not offered a new contract? We simply can’t win without him, everyone knows this & I think season ticket sales would reflect this decision.

Having said all this, I cannot see him not being offered a contract!  No one at this club would be stupid enough to shoot them self in the foot… Would they?

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]It looks seriously to me like Grant''s continued criticism of Hucks is paving the way for his departure which will be the greatest travesty at the club for many years.[/quote]

I am with you on this one FilletTheFishWife,

Although I said a while ago that players should be bale to accept criticism, Granty does seem to be going after Hucks quite a bit, especially in the EDP again today. Not quite sure what he is trying to prove by picking on him more than most but if Hucks decides to move on it would be a huge mistake. As a fellow poster said to me last time (can''t remeber who), what you say behind closed doors you shouldn''t make public and I am now inclined to agree.

Grant has made it clear in his criticisms that he has discussed this with Hucks, who has accepted it and is willing to learn and incorporate it into his game.  If Hucks can accept it, why can''t we?

Hucks is by far and away the most influential player, which means he is also the one that the Press ask the most question about, especially with the contract situation.  Do you think that PG randomly decided to phone up Archant just to have a go at Hucks in the paper? More likely is that whilst conducting an interview about various things, a question was asked about Hucks and Grant responded honestly.

If he kept coming out and telling us how he admired Hucks'' work rate and commitment, the poor man would be strung up.  When it comes to Hucks, it seems that he can''t win no matter what he says!

The stuff that gets posted on this board never ceases to amaze me at times.  Why dont people just take a second to think.Why are you assuming that nothing is being done?  Grant event said in his first week that the contract was a priority.When any of you have been negotiating a contract do then make this public, i would be surprised if your fellow employees would even know.Just because your not privy to alot of what would be considered private details doesnt mean there is some sort of conspiracy happening?!?The first thing you will know about a new contract is when it is signed and sealed....not before.

[quote user="sheded"]

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]It looks

seriously to me like Grant''s continued criticism of Hucks is paving the

way for his departure which will be the greatest travesty at the club

for many years.[/quote]

Thats just what I was thinking  Fillet !  

read this excerpt  , and then some of you  can comment

on  what Hucks will be thinking as he reads it !!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Darren Huckerby has been told his place in the Norwich City is not guaranteed - unless he starts learning some new lessons.Canaries

boss Peter Grant has laid down the law with City''s star player and

insists it is for the good of the team - and the manager''s hair!“Huckerby

- I will give him the freedom of Norwich when we have got the ball, but

when we have not got the ball he has got to come into line and play for

us,” said Grant.“If he doesn''t play for the team, he won''t play

and he''s been told that, because he made it difficult for us in the

second period.“He understands that, he accepts that, he knows

that''s what he has got to work on even at 30 years of age to make it

better and we are determined to make it better, because with him in the

side it is possible to do anything … but I think I could be very, very

grey by the time I get him to do his job properly.”---------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I`m reading  is that Grants remarks  are

as if they came out the gob of his mate Strachan

!     now THERES a man who does have it in for

Hucks  for some reason !   what was his last snide

remark he came out with recently , when , for some strange reason , he

attended a match when Hucks was playing ?    .... 

oh yes  , he said he`d come to see if Hucks was still spending

most of his time offside !  this from a , so called , manager

who`s  top scorer at Cov` was Hucks !  and who he

sold   because he needed the money   to buy "

better players " .........Strachan was sacked !

Back to Grant  , I think he will regret  those

remarks !   it was HE that made Hucks play when he was

[  and probably still is ]  carrying an injury

.......   Grant should get his head on right , and

concentrate  on getting the rest of the team , "Onside " 

!   and playing , " Properly "  ......  

Wouldn`t surprise me at all  if Hucks  is pissed off with Grant  , and make this his last season ...

[/quote]

Come on people, let''s not make mountains out of molehills here. The

boss has told him a few home truths that''s all? I don''t think he''ll

like it but it doesn''t mean he''s about to leave. When your boss does

the same do you get up and leave and throw your job in? At the expense

of unsettling your family into the bargain and having to move out of

the area all together? He''s settled here and he doesn''t want to leave.

Yet because he has been told he has to track back more, he''s going to

chuck it all in! Get real!

you misunderstand my point.

that is, not that Huckerby will walk of his own accord but rather than PG is seeking to undermine Darren''s importance to the team in attempt to trivialise his departure if (or when) we fail to extend his contract

[quote user="August 64"]

Errrrr ....... NO! 

We need to have Hucks on a contract but it does have to work for both parties.  At the moment nobody outside the two parties knows the truth about what is going on or not.  If the club fails to sign him up we would need to know why and most supporters would be very unhappy.  However, it seems premature to be suggesting that nothing will happen - two months is a very long time in football.  Dare I suggest that you read your own signature and "Stop moaning" - at least about problems that haven''t yet occurred.

August 64

[/quote]

Agreed! how do we know the club havent already offered Hucks a contract which he has rejected.... How do we know what Hucks sees in the future.. he might be deciding to Jack it in in may.. he may want 2 more years... Time will tell.. but if it gets beyond Xmas and he hasnt signed then i feel we wont be seeign him in a Norwich Shirt next season.

jas :)

[quote user="KidCanary"]The stuff that gets posted on this board never ceases to amaze me at times.  Why dont people just take a second to think.

Why are you assuming that nothing is being done?  Grant event said in his first week that the contract was a priority.

When any of you have been negotiating a contract do then make this public, i would be surprised if your fellow employees would even know.

Just because your not privy to alot of what would be considered private details doesnt mean there is some sort of conspiracy happening?!?

The first thing you will know about a new contract is when it is signed and sealed....not before.
[/quote]

As you point out Kid, Grant said in his first week that the contract was a priority.  But in the same interview he also said he hadn''t spoken to the board about it yet.  

Hucks has gone very public about his desire to stay - it''s nice to hear, but why does he need to do that?

I''m not assuming that Hucks won''t get another contract, I''m just starting to get more than a little concerned.  If it''s going to happen I can''t see what possible purpose this delay and uncertainty could serve.  You appear to assume that he will . . . on what basis I wonder?   

I have been trying to get people to sign up, (see my thingybob at the bottom of the page) but no one has paid up so far, ok I''ll reduce my joining fee to £98 but only for November. Come on I have been advocating this for a while, you could call me an inovator (nothing else please).

i agree ,if hux goes the place will go flat ,i think grant will give hux no choice he could go in january ,all so herd rumours grant has already had a bust up with safri, with a bit of luck grant won,t last long here we need a proper manager not a scottish playboy.

[quote user="paulbunnewell"]

i agree ,if hux goes the place will go flat ,i think grant will give hux no choice he could go in january ,all so herd rumours grant has already had a bust up with safri, with a bit of luck grant won,t last long here we need a proper manager not a scottish playboy.

[/quote]

are u for real?

3 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat... ur not Nigel Worthington are u?

jas :)

[quote user="paulbunnewell"]

[/quote]

Paul you are entitled to your point of view, but there''s no need to resort to cheap slurs on his nationality.  We''ve been there before with Worthy, haven''t we? Cut it out please.