Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Doc & Flem Out: A Blessing in Disguise?

Now I have a theory that the Doc and Flem are c*ap. It now looks likely that they could both be out till Chistmas, well worry not.

I believe its an ideal opportunity to prove to Grant that we don''t need them, and we should ship them both out in January.

Flem is well past it and is a liability to pace, and the Doc, at best, is a flapper and hoofer. We have Dublin (make him captain please Peter!) Shacks and Spillane, these players alone, are far better options than Doc and Fleming.

Hughes (I just love the guy) is good cover at full back, so no worries there.

I tell you, its a blessing from the Gods, that they''re now injured!.

Totally agree, keep Dublin in the back four to stop the onslaught of more heavy defeats. Never been a great fan of the doc, Fleeming seems to have lost his touch over the past 18 months. Change the defence with Dublin included in it and improve the midfield with new players and we might return to former glory..

YER LETS KEEP A 37YR OLD AT CENTRE HALF!!!!!!!

YES HE HAD A GREAT GAME BUT IT AINT GONA BE LIKE THAT EVERY WEEK

YOU LOT OUGHT TO MAKE UR MIND UP!! WHAT WAS I READING EARLIER DION DUBLIN WAT AN OLD GIT . HES NO GOOD ECT ECT

NOW YOU  ALL LOVE HIM HA HA HA

LEARN TO APPRECIATE  THE GAME

And then there was light.......  I am sooo glad that there are others who share my opinion about Doc and Flem.  The Doc has never convinced me as a quality player and although Flem has the quality he doesn''t have the legs or the height. 

It comes to something though when we worry about playing a 37 year old as either our top central defender or target man.  As I see it Dion could be used as a great teacher for either position and allow PG to bring on the youngsters alongside him when the pressure is off and we are  3-0 up against the Binmen and the like!

[quote user="SEAN FITZGERALD"]

YER LETS KEEP A 37YR OLD AT CENTRE HALF!!!!!!!

YES HE HAD A GREAT GAME BUT IT AINT GONA BE LIKE THAT EVERY WEEK

YOU LOT OUGHT TO MAKE UR MIND UP!! WHAT WAS I READING EARLIER DION DUBLIN WAT AN OLD GIT . HES NO GOOD ECT ECT

NOW YOU  ALL LOVE HIM HA HA HA

LEARN TO APPRECIATE  THE GAME

[/quote]

so why will he be sh*t next game then? if he played well on Saturday he can play well again.

Having met the doc he is a far from imposing figure, he looked weak.  He does play well in the odd game but really is not what I would call a solid centre half. IMO he isnt good enough in the air or strong enough either. He is no leader either.  These qualities I feel are missing from our side at the moment.  Having said that he is a useful player at this level if no world beater.

Dion played much like Mackay, Big strong, putting blocks in, winning every header, not afraid of getting hurt, and the custumary launching the ball into orbit! He was commanding. Not something you could say about The Doc Fleming or Shackell at the moment.

Dublin was excellent on Saturday and would certainly be my choice to partner Shackell at the moment, regardless of injuries to Flem and The Doc. However, at 37 the concern has to be how he would cope with the next Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday round of games.

For this reason I don''t believe that having two central defenders injured can possibly be a blessing in disguise.

Maybe, but as our squad is so thin having two central defenders out at the same time cannot be helpful, especially as it will give us even less attacking options with Dion in defence. Players must love coming to Norwich - They nearly always end up out of position. Maybe Camp will be upfront with Earnie next week... :)

On the subject of Spillane, when is he going to play in his rightful position of midfield? Can he be any worse than Robinson, Safri or Hooves? And he''s cheaper too!

Well he''s got an 8 day break until the next game so I would definitely play "37DD" in the back four. Watching him yesterday explaining to Colin where he should be standing, running, marking was inspirational. he marshalls the defence and whilst not the fastest ever, his positional sense means he is usually in the right place at the right time. I also believe he gives Shacks more confidence than Doc (who is a flapper).

DD also has a more assured header (clearing the ball wide) as opposed to Doc and Flem who have a tendency to head the ball straight up in the air.

I''d certainly play the same back four next week.

[quote user="jetstream"]Well he''s got an 8 day break until the next game so I would definitely play "37DD" in the back four. Watching him yesterday explaining to Colin where he should be standing, running, marking was inspirational. he marshalls the defence and whilst not the fastest ever, his positional sense means he is usually in the right place at the right time. I also believe he gives Shacks more confidence than Doc (who is a flapper).

DD also has a more assured header (clearing the ball wide) as opposed to Doc and Flem who have a tendency to head the ball straight up in the air.

I''d certainly play the same back four next week.[/quote]Lol, 37DD, i''ve not heard that one yet - genius!

Quality!

At last people are seeing sense, Doc is useless he heads the ball straight to the opposition allowing them to build another attack.

Flem should of gone 2 years ago and is a wage we could do without.

I have been saying for 2 years now in numerous posts that when Doc was replaced our form would improve! I used to get slated for this as loads of you saw him as our player of the season? This was in the season when we was regularly thumped and conceded more goals than anyone bar the bottom club!

His time here is up and I would be delighted if him and Flem were shipped out in Jan!

i  said last season doc should of never got player of the season and he was c**p but nobody listened. ad  fleming hsd passed it and now all r startin 2 agree.

vendy - would you mind awfully writing in proper English so that us Grumpy Old MEn can understand what you are trying to say (sorry - "wot u r tryin 2 say")

I can''t take the credit for the "37DD" nickname - it was, I think, Ranier Wulfcastle over on the club messageboard.

I am a genius though, in general.